By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Ok JEMC...I was just joking around a bit so don't worry about it.

PALWORLD now has more than 850,000 concurrent players.
Maybe soon it will reach one million😋

If my response sounded aggressive or an attack, please know that it wasn't my intention. I see that you're really excited about this game and I'm always happy when someone find that excitement, be either a game or something else.

But you have to understand one thing; I'm a laaaazy person. I dread making the Tuesday news because of all the time it takes me to make the Steam deals that day between the weeklong deals and the ones that aren't, and weekends are my resting time. I don't even check DSOG or PCGamer these two days or festives.

And because of my laziness, my comment about encouraging you to find and post the article is honest and legit. You don't need to wait for me to share an article about something you're so passionate about and, at the same time, you'll save my lazy ass from extra work in Monday... which is Monday and they're already as bad as them can be.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Take it with some salt but it wouldn't surprise me

We've seen several articles and financial leaks that show that most of Sony's PC ports have been a great success and very profitable. I think I recall one where it mentiones that games that were two years or older performed better than newer ones, likely because there's an overlap between console and PC gamers and if the launches are too close, people won't double dip. So yeah, I'm not surprised if Sony launches more games, expecially if they're sequels that have already been ported and have had good sales.

With that said, I'd be surprised if they launched so many games, and also a bit curious as to why so many (although that may be because their releases on console aro so few as of late that they may need more income from PC to offset the development costs of newer games).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

With that said, I'd be surprised if they launched so many games, and also a bit curious as to why so many (although that may be because their releases on console aro so few as of late that they may need more income from PC to offset the development costs of newer games).

Some of those titles are 2+ years old

Ghost of Tsushima is from 2020

Demon's Souls is from 2020

The Last of Us Part 2 is from 2020

God of War Ragnarok is from 2022

Gran Turismo 7 is from 2022

Likely the amount of releases will get bigger as they jump more into older titles that pre-date 2020 like the part about inFamous Second Son which came out in 2014.

The older title I'm personally interested in is the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. I prefer the tone of the first three games, even thought the fourth one has the best gameplay. I wouldn't mind replaying Ghost of Tsushima on PC though (especially if they, against my expectations, included the multiplayer, which I haven't played on PS4 with the exception of a couple of free weekends because it's 100% not worth it for me to pay for PS+ just to play a bit of multiplayer). I'm also interested in Gran Turismo 7. It's painful how slow Sony has been in bringing these games to PC despite the rumours having been there for what must be literally years now... But I am (well, can be) patient, so not a problem really.

Zkuq said:

The older title I'm personally interested in is the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. I prefer the tone of the first three games, even thought the fourth one has the best gameplay. I wouldn't mind replaying Ghost of Tsushima on PC though (especially if they, against my expectations, included the multiplayer, which I haven't played on PS4 with the exception of a couple of free weekends because it's 100% not worth it for me to pay for PS+ just to play a bit of multiplayer). I'm also interested in Gran Turismo 7. It's painful how slow Sony has been in bringing these games to PC despite the rumours having been there for what must be literally years now... But I am (well, can be) patient, so not a problem really.

I'm interested in Demon's Souls at least from that list shown so I can complete my Souls collection lol

As for anything else, I'm more interested in older legacy titles like from PS3 - there's just so many choices that could breathe new life into the franchises under being released on PC and re-released on PS5.

Titles like the inFamous series, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Resistance, etc.

There's also PS2 titles which are already available on PS4/PS5 but can likely do better such as Dark Cloud series.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Some of those titles are 2+ years old

Ghost of Tsushima is from 2020

Demon's Souls is from 2020

The Last of Us Part 2 is from 2020

God of War Ragnarok is from 2022

Gran Turismo 7 is from 2022

Likely the amount of releases will get bigger as they jump more into older titles that pre-date 2020 like the part about inFamous Second Son which came out in 2014.

I've checked and there are currently 13 Playstation published titles on Steam, with another two to launch this year (Horizon Forbidden West and Helldivers II). It will feel weird, at least to me, if Sony increases their number of PC published games by 50% in just one year. It doesn't feel right.

Hopefully all the games you've listed come, but there are a finite number of month in each year and I don't think Sony will want to make their launches fight with each other and with whatever games they may launch on their console this year.

My guess would be that they'd launch the confirmed two plus two or maybe three more, but I don't think they'll bring more than that.

Zkuq said:

If I recall correctly, Yamauchi made a comment about a PC port being difficult and whatnot, but it's likely that he only said that because he already has troubles launching the games on a console with fixed hardware, let alone deal with PC configurations. Gran Turismo is one of those ports that I hope some other studio other than Polyphony does... well, besides whatever studio that did the TLOU port to PC.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I've checked and there are currently 13 Playstation published titles on Steam, with another two to launch this year (Horizon Forbidden West and Helldivers II). It will feel weird, at least to me, if Sony increases their number of PC published games by 50% in just one year. It doesn't feel right.

Hopefully all the games you've listed come, but there are a finite number of month in each year and I don't think Sony will want to make their launches fight with each other and with whatever games they may launch on their console this year.

My guess would be that they'd launch the confirmed two plus two or maybe three more, but I don't think they'll bring more than that.

Legacy titles (From PS1, PS2, PS3) that really wont make much impact as the newer games would be a big issue? I can see them co-existing with the major releases. Obviously they wont double the amount of releases but I can see them adding 1-2 more in between with smaller titles.

With the amount of games in that list - if they were to release it evenly - that would be 2 and half months per release.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Legacy titles (From PS1, PS2, PS3) that really wont make much impact as the newer games would be a big issue? I can see them co-existing with the major releases. Obviously they wont double the amount of releases but I can see them adding 1-2 more in between with smaller titles.

With the amount of games in that list - if they were to release it evenly - that would be 2 and half months per release.

You have to keep in mind that we're talking about Sony, and that their console is still their main focus when it comes to gaming. They won't launch anything on PC that hasn't launched first on PS5. So, you'll probably need to accept that PS1, 2 and likely 3 titles won't come to PC unless Sony decides to do a remaster or remake of those titles for PS5 first and use that as the source material for the PC port.

JEMC said:

You have to keep in mind that we're talking about Sony, and that their console is still their main focus when it comes to gaming. They won't launch anything on PC that hasn't launched first on PS5. So, you'll probably need to accept that PS1, 2 and likely 3 titles won't come to PC unless Sony decides to do a remaster or remake of those titles for PS5 first and use that as the source material for the PC port.

Things can change, just 3 years ago no one would have expected them to do as much as they did now.

Also there's a few PS1, PS2 and PSP titles already released on PS4/PS5 - I can see the titles I mentioned coming to PS4/PS5 and eventually see them on PC sooner rather than later.

If Demon Soul remake comes to PC, I hope there will be mod to put an "easy mode" because I suck at this kind of games lol.

Nixxess employee? Of course you are, fake all day long.