By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I'm not there because I didn't want to (and still don't want), but it wouldn't surprise me if part of the decline in activity here is because of the VGChartz Discord server, that may have pulled some people away from posting here and doing it only there. But it's just a thought and that place may also have little activity.

I think there's multiple discord servers now - amongst certain people who fragmented from the original group due to disagreements, arguments, etc.

I'm in the main one I think?

There was one I was in but I left that - I'm not that active and didnt like my phone getting spammed constantly with messages about the most random conversations.

It doesn't surprise me that they've splitted. Too many different gaming tastes can't coexist in harmony in Discord.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Anyway, my introduction to Steam was when I build my first PC and the GPU came with a Steam voucher for DiRT 2. It took me a while before I actually decided to create an account, tho, because the notion of not having phisical games was odd to me, but I eventually caved in.

Anyways, my first build, I remember - it was HD Radeon 7850 2GB replacing a pre-built GPU PC build. Got Sleeping Dogs with it too, ironically was suppose to get another game but I'm glad I got Sleeping Dogs because that was an amazing game.

Ironically while I was still in the phase of playing MMOs - one of my guildmates introduced me to Left 4 Dead 2 - a pirated version of the game and we were using Hamachi to do MP playthroughs.

Eventually something happened where we couldnt use Hamachi again so they introduced me to Steam.

First game I got was a gift - Torchlight 1 with 2 pre-ordered.

First set of games on my first Steam sale I bought were

-Terraria
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Ys Origin
-Assassin's Creed Director's Cut

Mine came with the HD 5850. That card game me many, many years of gaming, like my current GTX 1070.

Torchlight is a fun game, but I think the end is too abrupt. I feel like there has to be something more, but I can't find a way to get to lower levels, so either that was it or I missed something. For some reason, I couldn't quite get into Torchlight 2, but that's an odd thing that happens to me with sequels (currently struggling to fins motivation to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided even tho I quite enjoyed the first one).

I played the first Assassin's Creed on the Xbox360, but all the others have been on PC.

Random_Matt said:

I remember PC games boxes, boy were they the best ones. The art on them was great and you have to love those good old floppy disks.

I wasn't into PC gaming when games came in 3.5" disks, but those cardboard game boxes were great. I still have the one from the Age of Empires II Gold Edition.

And well, good manuals gave you so much info besides the basic controls (maps, character bios, etc.)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

It doesn't surprise me that they've splitted. Too many different gaming tastes can't coexist in harmony in Discord.

Mine came with the HD 5850. That card game me many, many years of gaming, like my current GTX 1070.

Torchlight is a fun game, but I think the end is too abrupt. I feel like there has to be something more, but I can't find a way to get to lower levels, so either that was it or I missed something. For some reason, I couldn't quite get into Torchlight 2, but that's an odd thing that happens to me with sequels (currently struggling to fins motivation to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided even tho I quite enjoyed the first one).

I played the first Assassin's Creed on the Xbox360, but all the others have been on PC.

Not only tastes, just a lot of hot headed personalities that dont mesh well with other people in general in a closed off/live feed talking environment? Now that is a recipe for disaster lol.

Torchlight 1 was okay but 2 improved a whole lot - really enjoyed it. Havent played 3 yet but got it from a humble bundle or something.

As far as Assassin's Creed goes, I've played AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Liberation and recently IV Black Flag. I'll play Rogue and Freedom Cry later this year.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Not only tastes, just a lot of hot headed personalities that dont mesh well with other people in general in a closed off/live feed talking environment? Now that is a recipe for disaster lol.

Torchlight 1 was okay but 2 improved a whole lot - really enjoyed it. Havent played 3 yet but got it from a humble bundle or something.

As far as Assassin's Creed goes, I've played AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Liberation and recently IV Black Flag. I'll play Rogue and Freedom Cry later this year.

I can see that Torchlight 2 is better, but for some reason I can't quite "get into it" as i did with the first one. I think they messed up with the third one. They tried to make it something else and fans weren't happy about it.

I haven't played Rogue or Freedom Cry, so I can't comment on those. I played all the other ones you've mentioned and also Unity and Sindicate. I'm glad I got them for free from Ubi and Epic, because they're not at the same level of II or Black Flag. I didn't get all the glitches of Unity that were common at launch like the missing faces, but the story isn't interesting. With that said, I loved the city. It felt alive, full of people and, even several years after its launch, I found it beautiful.

Syndicate was meh, and after playing it one can see that the devs were out of new ideas and why it didn' tperform well. The franchise needed a rest. I still have to play Origins and, after that, I'll decide if I give the others a chance.

But well, it's Ubisoft so it's hard to give them money when almost every piece of news that come from them is to piss off its consumers.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I can see that Torchlight 2 is better, but for some reason I can't quite "get into it" as i did with the first one. I think they messed up with the third one. They tried to make it something else and fans weren't happy about it.

I haven't played Rogue or Freedom Cry, so I can't comment on those. I played all the other ones you've mentioned and also Unity and Sindicate. I'm glad I got them for free from Ubi and Epic, because they're not at the same level of II or Black Flag. I didn't get all the glitches of Unity that were common at launch like the missing faces, but the story isn't interesting. With that said, I loved the city. It felt alive, full of people and, even several years after its launch, I found it beautiful.

Syndicate was meh, and after playing it one can see that the devs were out of new ideas and why it didn' tperform well. The franchise needed a rest. I still have to play Origins and, after that, I'll decide if I give the others a chance.

But well, it's Ubisoft so it's hard to give them money when almost every piece of news that come from them is to piss off its consumers.

Yea not a surprise it changed, I dont even think anyone from the original team or at least the main people who shaped the first two games were even a part of the development of the third game.

I hope my PC can run Unity and Syndicate. ACIV was a bit weird but I managed to get it running at 60 FPS at 1080p (and 1440p).

Hopefully I'll have a better experience but considering its Ubisoft....not betting on it lol

Ignore.

Last edited by Random_Matt - on 18 January 2024

Around the Network

Does it really look that bad? (I'm not watching the Direct)

JEMC said:

Does it really look that bad? (I'm not watching the Direct)

Well...the animation looks a bit stiff at first (the first monsters they showed) but it looks okay after that (or at least like every other western game I've seen lol).

Excited for Visions of Mana which was shown.

Hellblade is okay - still need to play the first one which I have it installed on my Xbox.

They are showcasing Indiana Jones segment now but....there's no gameplay footage - just a bunch of shots of the developers and...their office? lol

Edit: Oh now actual footage!

Indiana Jones looks great.

Its FPS but with scenes and some events happening in third person view/non-FPS view is great.

BasilZero said:

Indiana Jones looks great.

Its FPS but with scenes and some events happening in third person view/non-FPS view is great.

It looks a bit dated to me, particurly the characters faces. Not as impressive as I was hoping and personally I would have liked a third person game but it looks like it will be a solid title at least.

Zippy6 said:

It looks a bit dated to me, particurly the characters faces. Not as impressive as I was hoping and personally I would have liked a third person game but it looks like it will be a solid title at least.

Eh, ya it could have looked better but this is the first reveal of it and its coming out this year so likely the game has been in development for at least 3-4 years.

Hopefully instead of the visuals, the gameplay moments will be great.