By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

***Announcement***

So as many of you know, I am getting married next month. Specifically on February 20th. Due to this, I am getting increasing per-occupied with other things. This means that starting January 27th, I will no longer be posting news as I will be too busy for the wedding preparations and such. I might still reply or post some opinions from time to time but I'll be taking a long break until likely April at which point I might be posting hardware news regularly.

I never actually thought I'd be fortunate enough to find someone special but here we are lol. While she herself isn't very much into pc gaming, she does respect my hobbies which I am sure will spread to her one step at a time. For now though, we will be taking the first big step which is both exciting and nerve-racking but hopefully it will lead to a better future!

Congratulations!

You'll be playing less (like me lol) but its for the good.

My wife is okay with my hobby as well but I reduced the number of hours that I play compared to a decade ago to focus on my household and as our family gets larger.

Family comes first and foremost.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

***Announcement***

So as many of you know, I am getting married next month. Specifically on February 20th. Due to this, I am getting increasing per-occupied with other things. This means that starting January 27th, I will no longer be posting news as I will be too busy for the wedding preparations and such. I might still reply or post some opinions from time to time but I'll be taking a long break until likely April at which point I might be posting hardware news regularly.

I never actually thought I'd be fortunate enough to find someone special but here we are lol. While she herself isn't very much into pc gaming, she does respect my hobbies which I am sure will spread to her one step at a time. For now though, we will be taking the first big step which is both exciting and nerve-racking but hopefully it will lead to a better future!

Congratulations!

You'll be playing less (like me lol) but its for the good.

My wife is okay with my hobby as well but I reduced the number of hours that I play compared to a decade ago to focus on my household and as our family gets larger.

Family comes first and foremost.

Lol thanks dude

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Best of luck and congrats Jizz_Beard.

Enjoy the game that is called life, typically amazing realistic graphics, but poor gameplay.

But in all seriousness, life comes first, forums are a side hobby.
We will still be here when you get back.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Best of luck and congrats Jizz_Beard.

Enjoy the game that is called life, typically amazing realistic graphics, but poor gameplay.

But in all seriousness, life comes first, forums are a side hobby.
We will still be here when you get back.

Lol thanks dude. That means a lot and I will certainly miss everyone here but I'll be back, that's for sure!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So I'm playing Final Fantasy VI (old ver) which is the mobile remake on Steam and the Pixel Remaster on Switch.

Day and night difference - not talking about the QoL boosts on the Switch but control wise as well, animations seem smoother while the Steam version of the mobile remake feels clunky when moving with a controller (and going through the UI in general).

Really wish they would add the QoL improvements of the console versions on the Steam versions of the Pixel remasters.

Around the Network

The last few days some Steam records are broken.
Yesterday the concurrent-user-peak + in-game peak, today the concurrent-user-peak again.

Aint no stopping this train :)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER GPU Prices Allegedly Leak Out: 4080 SUPER $999, 4070 Ti SUPER $799, 4070 SUPER $599

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-super-gpu-prices-leak-4080-super-999-4070-ti-super-799-4070-super-599/

Pretty good prices overall. 4070 Ti Super is the best of the bunch while 4080 Super is the worst of the bunch. Should a pretty good launch if legit.

AMD-Powered Frontier Supercomputer Uses 3K of Its 37K MI250X GPUs To Achieves a Whopping 1 Trilllion Parameter LLM Run, Comparable To ChatGPT-4

https://wccftech.com/amd-powered-frontier-supercomputer-uses-3k-of-37k-mi250x-gpus-achieves-1-trilllion-parameter-llm-run-comparable-to-chatgpt-4/

Intel Core i5-14490F “Black Edition” CPU Leaks Out: 10 Cores at Up To 5.1 GHz & 65W TDP

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i5-14490f-black-edition-cpu-leak-10-cores-up-to-5-1-ghz-65w-tdp/

If those prices are true (Moore's Law is Dead said the same thing yesterday), then they're overall good to very good. While the performance jump of the 4080Super will be rather small, those $200 less will make it a lot more viable... and put pressure on AMD to officially cut the price of the 7900XTX, starting a chain reaction with the models below it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

***Announcement***

Congrats bro