By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Random_Matt said:
JEMC said:

I appreciate the fact that MSI has gone with Intel, as that will give us a good comparison between Intel and AMD's offerings in the handheld PC niche.

It's Arc, it will lose in all probability. I had an Arc A770, it sucked. It is just Intel creating contracts to shut out AMD, I mean look at the laptop industry.

I'm well aware that Intel still lags behing with its drivers, even after the improvements they've made since its launch. I'm also aware that Phoronix tested the 155H and the 7840U in linux and AMD won most tests, as our Pirate posted a while ago (I think).

But I still think that it will be interesting to see how they perform in more power constrained situations... where I still expect AMD to win because their architectures are a bit more efficient.

As for Intel subsidizing MSI's effort to avoid an all AMD echosystem, somewhat similar to what Nvidia did with Nintendo with the Switch, it's up to both companies and what they expect from this claw device. If it doesn't perform as well or brings an advantage in terms of price to offset that difference, neither will accomplish anything and MSI's handheld PC business will be kind of dead on arrival.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

End of the day, vote with your wallet.

Having an Intel option is not a bad thing... I won't buy it because AMD has the superior offering.

And Intel since it first introduced it's first graphics processor in 1986 with the easily memorable name of: 82786.
They have had terrible drivers.

I have given them a few chances over the decades, but it always resulted in a poor experience.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JEMC said:

That's not a f*cking curch. That's a supercomputer named MareNostrum 5, which was inaugurated a few weeks ago: https://www.bsc.es/es/marenostrum/marenostrum-5

And the 5 is because there were 4 other supercomputers before it.

Why would they call it "our sea"?

Chicho said:
JEMC said:

That's not a f*cking curch. That's a supercomputer named MareNostrum 5, which was inaugurated a few weeks ago: https://www.bsc.es/es/marenostrum/marenostrum-5

And the 5 is because there were 4 other supercomputers before it.

Why would they call it "our sea"?

You may have to ask them, but it may have something to do with it being located in Barcelona, besides the Mediterranean sea that the romans called Mare Nostrum, and the factt hat it's a public infrastructure accessible for a lot of institutions, instead of a private one, making it also a bit more "ours" or nostrum.

But I'm just speculating.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Found a nice AI picture, which reminded me a lot of Crysis... so I had to alter it a bit:

Now I want a Crysis reboot with a female protagonist.

Last edited by Conina - on 06 January 2024

Around the Network
Conina said:

Found a nice AI picture, which reminded me a lot of Crysis... so I had to alter it a bit:

Now I want a Crysis reboot with a female protagonist.

That looks like a huge improvement.

Would buy and play that immediately lol.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER fills the 4070/4070Ti gap in first leaked benchmarks

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4070-super-fills-the-4070-4070ti-gap-in-first-leaked-benchmarks

ASUS ROG NUC confirmed, launching at CES 2024

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-rog-nuc-confirmed-launching-at-ces-2024

MSI CLAW gaming handheld leaked, features Intel Core Ultra 7 155H with Arc graphics and 32GB memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-claw-gaming-handheld-leaked-features-intel-core-ultra-7-155h-with-arc-graphics-and-32gb-memory

28 watts + 8 Arc XE cores = Battery Drain for little performance gain. We will see what happens when it comes out though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

***Announcement***

So as many of you know, I am getting married next month. Specifically on February 20th. Due to this, I am getting increasing per-occupied with other things. This means that starting January 27th, I will no longer be posting news as I will be too busy for the wedding preparations and such. I might still reply or post some opinions from time to time but I'll be taking a long break until likely April at which point I might be posting hardware news regularly.

I never actually thought I'd be fortunate enough to find someone special but here we are lol. While she herself isn't very much into pc gaming, she does respect my hobbies which I am sure will spread to her one step at a time. For now though, we will be taking the first big step which is both exciting and nerve-racking but hopefully it will lead to a better future!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

***Announcement***

So as many of you know, I am getting married next month. Specifically on February 20th. Due to this, I am getting increasing per-occupied with other things. This means that starting January 27th, I will no longer be posting news as I will be too busy for the wedding preparations and such. I might still reply or post some opinions from time to time but I'll be taking a long break until likely April at which point I might be posting hardware news regularly.

I never actually thought I'd be fortunate enough to find someone special but here we are lol. While she herself isn't very much into pc gaming, she does respect my hobbies which I am sure will spread to her one step at a time. For now though, we will be taking the first big step which is both exciting and nerve-racking but hopefully it will lead to a better future!

Having a partner that can respect your hobbies and even become a part of them is the sign of a good partner.

I hope your wedding goes well brother!.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

***Announcement***

Having a partner that can respect your hobbies and even become a part of them is the sign of a good partner.

I hope your wedding goes well brother!.

Thanks bro