By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

Wait a minute. What do you mean with that? There's no way people are paying that much for a 3DS, right?

A New 3DS XL loaded with a ton of digital games can sell for over $1,000 AUD... Especially so as the online store has closed, meaning some games will never be obtainable otherwise.
Case in point: Minecraft 3DS edition was never released in physical in PAL/Australia and now the digital store is closed.

If it's a limited edition and in very good condition like my Samus Returns 3DS... Then that is an extra premium on top.

Even with the digital games installed, it's nuts.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Well shit, here we go again...

I really just don't like the idea of some people trying to turn modding, a once free hobby into a "paid career", because I know where it leads to (it leads to everything eventually becoming paid and more and more people getting into the modding scene purely just to make money).

I've no real hope for ES VI not having paid mods, and I feel like Beth is taking a second jab at this via Skyrim to see if they can fully pave the road in time for when ES VI comes out. Koubitz brought up an interesting point, that paid mods could really take off in ES VI if Bethesda tries harder to stifle free content and push for paid modding, and I know AAA pubs/studios, I can absolutely see that happening over time (just like how we saw cool unlocks or cheats being sold as cosmetics or paid skips now).

This has already caused a divide yet again within the community, with some modders obviously hopping onto that lucrative gravy train (dollar signs in the eyes as always), and others now pulling their mods offline out of protest.

I wish modders would stop trying to turn free content into paid content, because it's obviously going to turn things around for them personally, but for people like me, it's a net negative, and I know Bethesda doesn't like the idea of people making money off them for years on end, hence why they even bothered with these two systematic attempts at "partnership" with modders. 

Again, I'm fine with tip jars, absolutely fine with those, just not pay gating and Bethesda's paid mods systems. Modding is meant to be free, it's a hobby, stop trying to turn something that was free into something non free. If you're doing this because your actual job sucks in life, find a new job anything, but trying to turn a free hobby into a paid career, because not everyone agrees with that notion, and it shouldn't overrule those that don't want paid mods to become the core concept in the future. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 31 December 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Here's today's free game at the Epic Store: Ghostrunner https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ghostrunner

I don't think I'll stop by until tomorrow, therefore Happy New Year, you all! I wish you a great year with lots of amazingly good gaming moments.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pemalite said:

A New 3DS XL loaded with a ton of digital games can sell for over $1,000 AUD... Especially so as the online store has closed, meaning some games will never be obtainable otherwise.

I wouldn't be comfortable with the eShop account of a stranger, connected to his E-Mail.

Where he can (theoretically) reset the password anytime or sell that account to several people.

Chazore said:

I really just don't like the idea of some people trying to turn modding, a once free hobby into a "paid career", because I know where it leads to (it leads to everything eventually becoming paid and more and more people getting into the modding scene purely just to make money).

I've no real hope for ES VI not having paid mods, and I feel like Beth is taking a second jab at this via Skyrim to see if they can fully pave the road in time for when ES VI comes out. Koubitz brought up an interesting point, that paid mods could really take off in ES VI if Bethesda tries harder to stifle free content and push for paid modding, and I know AAA pubs/studios, I can absolutely see that happening over time (just like how we saw cool unlocks or cheats being sold as cosmetics or paid skips now).

This has already caused a divide yet again within the community, with some modders obviously hopping onto that lucrative gravy train (dollar signs in the eyes as always), and others now pulling their mods offline out of protest.

I wish modders would stop trying to turn free content into paid content, because it's obviously going to turn things around for them personally, but for people like me, it's a net negative, and I know Bethesda doesn't like the idea of people making money off them for years on end, hence why they even bothered with these two systematic attempts at "partnership" with modders. 

Again, I'm fine with tip jars, absolutely fine with those, just not pay gating and Bethesda's paid mods systems. Modding is meant to be free, it's a hobby, stop trying to turn something that was free into something non free. If you're doing this because your actual job sucks in life, find a new job anything, but trying to turn a free hobby into a paid career, because not everyone agrees with that notion, and it shouldn't overrule those that don't want paid mods to become the core concept in the future. 

GP is a service. I can almost guarantee the ES VI will have paid mods and paid DLC/Microtransactions. The budget of that game is way too high to be given free to subscribers. 

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Here's today's free game at the Epic Store: Ghostrunner https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/ghostrunner

I don't think I'll stop by until tomorrow, therefore Happy New Year, you all! I wish you a great year with lots of amazingly good gaming moments.

Happy new year to you bro and also to all my other friends in this thread.

Random_Matt said:
Chazore said:

GP is a service. I can almost guarantee the ES VI will have paid mods and paid DLC/Microtransactions. The budget of that game is way too high to be given free to subscribers. 

But its not free?. I honestly dont get why people keep saying this. If you are paying for a subscription then you are not getting something for free.

The Epic games store give aways are free. PSN and Gamepass isnt.

zero129 said:

But its not free?. I honestly dont get why people keep saying this. If you are paying for a subscription then you are not getting something for free.

And NSO too*

None of these are free - you are right.

MS wants as much people to be on GP and honestly its a good plan - MS has always focused on subscriptions and services in general, not just in Xbox but look at stuff like Windows OS, Office 365, Azure/EntraID, etc.

zero129 said:
JEMC said:

Happy new year to you bro and also to all my other friends in this thread.

Missed out an a New Years. Got responded to Broken Hill to a Train accident. Bit of a mess, just got back home a few minutes ago.

Got to have a Christmas for the first time in years though.

zero129 said:

This.

Plus I have a few games free from EA Origin, Steam, GOG etc' over the years as well.

They are legitimately free.

I've actually decided to end my subscription to Xbox Live for the first time in 20 years, after they removed Gold I didn't see any value in it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Who wants to start th year witha new contest?

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Win a Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT or 7800 XT graphics card
https://www.club386.com/win-a-sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xt-or-7800-xt-graphics-card/
or https://gleam.io/UP6Cy/win-a-sapphire-radeon-rx-7900-xt-or-7800-xt-graphics-card

The competition is GLOBAL, except for Russia ().

Good luck!