By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

All i can say is Epic has been good to me this year with some games that i most defo will play such as The Outer Worlds, DNF Dual, Deathloop, Deliver us Mars, Surviving the Aftermate etc etc. All games i plan to play into the new year. Thank you epic for the free shit.
Now for what i got was a Ps5 (Shocking i know for some :P ). A bunch of steam games :D (Cant wait to try some on my steam deck). And that was it im sure im missing some shite but happy late xmas and an early new year to all my fam here in the PC thread .

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Random_Matt said:

This gen is selling poorly. Nvidia's answer? Let's release some even more expensive editions.

As far as I'm aware, the 4080 Super and 4070Ti Super are supposed to replace the vanilla variants and the same price. In theory we should see more performance for the same price, but we'll see how it really goes.

The 4070 Super should coexist with the vanilla version, and that will be more expensive.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I think the 7600XT will be an overclocked 7600, similar to the 6650XT over the 6600XT, but with twice the VRAM. Since the chip is already using the full amount of CU and the next one is much bigger, I doubt AMD will use a cut-down Navi 32 for this one and stay with the Navi 33.

The 7700 meanwhile should probably be the same chip as the 7700XT, but with more CU deactivated and lower TBP. I'm thinking something like 48CU and a TBP of 200W. The bigger question for me is if they stay at 12GB VRAM or go down to 10 like the 6700 non-XT did.

The 7800 could be something along the line of a "green" 7800XT, so same amount of CU, but with lowered clock speeds and TBP.

Alternative: New chips with Navi 3.5. But outside of the 7600XT (and 7500-7400 low-end GPUs), I don't see the point.

Let's not forget that Navi 33 is monolithic while Navi 32 is based on a more chiplet design, so yeah, an overclocked Navi 33 for the 7600XT would make the most sense.

The 7700, as I said, depend on how much of an improvement the 7600XT is over the 7600. Looking a bit around, there seems to be roughly a 40% performance difference between the 7600 and the 7700XT. If the 7600XT relies on higher clocks and more memory (I doubt the 7600 is limited by it at 1080p), I'd be surprised if it manages to bring a 10% improvement, leaving another 30% in there to for that theoretical 7700.

The biggest problem, at least in my view, is the price of these new cards. If we look at the MSRP, the 7600 is $270, the 7700XT is $450 and the 7800XT $500. How are you going to fit not one but two new GPUs, the 7600XT and 7700 in $180? Even worse, the 7700XT is an upsell for the 7800XT so, how can you fit another card in those $50 without making it completely irrelevant?

Either AMD will launch these new cards with price drops for the 7600 and 7700XT, or the new cards will cannibalize each other.

The price of the 7800XT has risen to $550 while the 7700XT dropped slightly to $440. That gives some wiggle room for a 7800 non-XT at around $500.

The 7700 could come anywhere in the $350-400 price bracket, though probably closer to $400.

The 7600XT meanwhile seems to already have a $300 price tag. And the 7600 could still drop a bit if that's too high.

The last news of not only the week or the month, but also the year 2023:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Today's free game from the Epic Store is Snakebird Complete: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/snakebird-complete-e6f0ae.

This is the last weekend of GOG's Winter Sale, and has several new deals for us:

This is also the last weekend of Steam's Winter Sale, just in case you're still debating about getting *that* game or not.

Fanatical has two new deals:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

-Empty as well-

GAMING NEWS

ENENRA feels like a “Batman: Arkham Knight with blades” cyberpunk game in Unreal Engine 5
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/enenra-batman-arkham-knight-cyberpunk-unreal-engine-5/
Now here is something interesting. STRIVE STUDIOS has shared a new short gameplay video from its upcoming third-person action game, ENENRA. ENENRA feels like a “Batman: Arkham Knight with blades” game, set in a cyberpunk world and powered by Unreal Engine 5. So, make sure to watch the video after the jump.

Escape From Tarkov adds Ground Zero, a dense urban area
https://www.pcgamer.com/escape-from-tarkov-adds-ground-zero-a-dense-urban-area/
Extraction shooter Escape from Tarkov dropped a big new update this week, bringing a new urban area, new weapons, a new boss, and a rework of the shoreline area. The big new region is Ground Zero, a major downtown filled with skyscrapers that also includes urban infrastructure like "banks, cafes, restaurants, stores, pharmacies, and so on."

My new favorite idler is about these little guys who hit their heads against a rock
https://www.pcgamer.com/my-new-favorite-idler-is-about-these-little-guys-who-hit-their-heads-against-a-rock/
It's hard to argue with a game that sprays particles all over your screen, if you are me, and recently-released indie incremental idler The Gnorp Apologue sprays some particles right good. Starring little things called gnorps, it's about how they smash a rock and bits come off the rock, and then they use those bits to make stuff: Houses, buildings, hot air balloons, guns, bigger guns, rockets, helmets to use when they smash their heads against the rock—you get the drift.

Curious little turn-based medieval strategy game Rising Lords musters for a January release
https://www.pcgamer.com/curious-little-turn-based-medieval-strategy-game-rising-lords-musters-for-a-january-release/
Turn-based strategy game Rising Lords will release on January 18, 2024 after nearly three years in Early Access. The hybrid of PC turn-based strategy with more traditional board game and card game design focuses around strategically expanding a medieval fiefdom's economy while raising armies to defend yourself against—or conquer—your neighbors.

And that's it, until next time, I wish you a happy and gaming weekend and beyond!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER to feature 23 Gbps GDDR6X memory, full RTX 40 SUPER specs leaked

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-super-to-feature-23-gbps-gddr6x-memory-full-rtx-40-super-specs-leaked

4070 Ti Super improves the vram while 4070 Super has a pretty big increase in cuda cores. As 4080 and 4070 Ti are discontinued, these should be a replacement with hopefully the same prices.

Intel 14th Gen Core non-K series listed by Spanish retailer, 14-core i5-14500/14400 for €250

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-14th-gen-core-non-k-series-listed-by-spanish-retailer-14-core-i5-14500-14400-for-e250

Handheld Consoles Are Now Being Updated With AMD’s Ryzen 8040U “Hawk Point” APUs, Same Specs With Faster AI

https://wccftech.com/handheld-consoles-updated-amd-ryzen-8040u-hawk-point-apus-same-specs-faster-ai/

It is hard to recommend these companies in the west over Steam Deck but in the east where Steam Deck still has limited availability, still somewhat viable

Apple Suffered Longest Revenue Dip In More Than Two Decades This Year, With Rival Firms Performing Better In The 12-Month Period

https://wccftech.com/apple-suffered-longest-revenue-slump-in-more-than-two-decades/

When you continue to ship $1600 macbook pros with 8GB of ram... Yea people will start to think twice

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090D Graphics Card To Hit Retail In China In Late January, Same Price As RTX 4090

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090d-graphics-card-retail-china-late-january-same-price-rtx-4090/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The 4080 Super seems to be the least interesting updated card, mostly because it stays with the same AD103 chip. But we'll see how they perform.

It's the second time Coomod has been the source of a leak. They're a good store, but they need to be more serious about stuff like that. With that said, you can't see them in their regular web site, so maybe it's been a problem with their mobile version.

And regarding Apple's revenue... well, we're not going through the best times when it comes to regular people economies, so even Apple fans have to face reality and either don't upgrade to this year's iPhone or, God forbids, go with the competence. And I'm sure some business will have gone with other laptop brands as well.

There's a limit to what you can charge people for your stuff (unless you're Nvidia), and Apple may have found it.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
JEMC said:

What do you mean Epic knows? Have you been prompted with a message or what? I haven't seen anything, but I haven't picked all the games.

Also, if you're using your account, it shouldn't matter if you're picking the games from your PC or your phone, right? It's still the same account.

I don't think I said or implied anything about knowing, so not sure what you mean. But yeah, I was logged out for some reason once I opened the site, and trying to log in displayed that error before even letting me enter my password. Turns out there was a major issue with Epic logins anyway, so just Epic being Epic, I guess - it's all good now, and I have one more free game I'll probably never play.

Why I mentioned the mobile thing in the first place is that perhaps someone had the same IP adress at same point and had been doing something Epic didn't like (login attemps, DoS attacks, etc.), so I figured it should work on my phone, since it's a different IP address. Didn't help, but a major issue with logins in general certainly explains my trouble.

My appologies. I missread your post and assumed that, your "I'm using Epic's store too frequently by grabbing the free games, or so it tells me." meant something else.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

*** This would make the post too long ***

*** The same applies to this ***

The price of the 7800XT has risen to $550 while the 7700XT dropped slightly to $440. That gives some wiggle room for a 7800 non-XT at around $500.

The 7700 could come anywhere in the $350-400 price bracket, though probably closer to $400.

The 7600XT meanwhile seems to already have a $300 price tag. And the 7600 could still drop a bit if that's too high.

While the prices of 7700XTs and 7800XTs may be true (I haven't checked), the MSRP still remains in place, and that's the one that AMD will look at when deciding the price point of a possible new card.

The 7700 and 7600XT have a bit more room to play with, but it'll still be a tight fit unless the 7600 drops a bit in price, maybe going to the $250 some reviewers asked for when it launched.

Last edited by JEMC - on 29 December 2023

JEMC said:
Zkuq said:

I don't think I said or implied anything about knowing, so not sure what you mean. But yeah, I was logged out for some reason once I opened the site, and trying to log in displayed that error before even letting me enter my password. Turns out there was a major issue with Epic logins anyway, so just Epic being Epic, I guess - it's all good now, and I have one more free game I'll probably never play.

Why I mentioned the mobile thing in the first place is that perhaps someone had the same IP adress at same point and had been doing something Epic didn't like (login attemps, DoS attacks, etc.), so I figured it should work on my phone, since it's a different IP address. Didn't help, but a major issue with logins in general certainly explains my trouble.

My appologies. I missread your post and assumed that, your "I'm using Epic's store too frequently by grabbing the free games, or so it tells me." meant something else.

No worries!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER to feature 23 Gbps GDDR6X memory, full RTX 40 SUPER specs leaked

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-super-to-feature-23-gbps-gddr6x-memory-full-rtx-40-super-specs-leaked

4070 Ti Super improves the vram while 4070 Super has a pretty big increase in cuda cores. As 4080 and 4070 Ti are discontinued, these should be a replacement with hopefully the same prices.

The 4080 Super looks rather pointless, I doubt it will beat the old 4080 by more than the measuring margin.

The 4070Ti Super looks like the best of the bunch, mainly due to the (2 generations overdue) VRAM upgrade. However, I'm not sure the actual performance increases by much since the TGP stays strictly the same.

The 4070 Super comes with the biggest upgrade in CUDA Cores, but the TGP doesn't increase nearly as much. As such, I fear the performance increase might end up staying below 10% and well below the old 4070Ti, which had 65W more TGP to handle stuff with.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Apple Suffered Longest Revenue Dip In More Than Two Decades This Year, With Rival Firms Performing Better In The 12-Month Period

https://wccftech.com/apple-suffered-longest-revenue-slump-in-more-than-two-decades/

When you continue to ship $1600 macbook pros with 8GB of ram... Yea people will start to think twice

The second reason is that th M1 and M2 Macbooks already had more than enough power for the vast majority of Apple users, and M3 mainly increases the GPU, not the CPU, which very few Apple users actually make much use of.

The third reason is how they downgraded the Pro to fit better between the base model and the Max. Why bother with that model in the first place, Apple could simply not have released an M3-based Pro model and it would have been fine, but this shitfuckery doesn't go down well at all with the Apple fanbase.

The Apple silicon hype died ages ago. The company is also reliant on the US market, if their customers do not buy then Apple will sell fuck all.

Seriously considering buying the Ayaneo Flip DS over a Steamdeck or other handheld.
Might be the first handheld that will competently manage all my handheld gaming needs?

Has the horsepower to do N64, PS1, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, Switch and PC.

7" 1080P 120hz top display, 3.5" Multi-touch bottom display.
Ryzen 8840u, probably a choice of 16GB or 32GB of Ram and a 512-1TB-2TB-4TB SSD as usual.

...Could sell my 3DS at current market rates to pay for one of these ironically enough.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--