By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Because misery loves company (and who doesn't), guess who has lost the pendrive where he had, among other things, the template for the news? ***sigh*** Let's see how this impro version goes.

That's the sort of stuff I really want to store in version control if possible (and I guess it should be possible, since VGChartz supports raw HTML), because replicating it is not ideal if things go wrong. Then again, that's me, who almost lost actual code in the form of userscripts, speaking - I'd just mashed together something quick and dirty and couldn't bother setting up version control for such small things... I mean, who doesn't spend two hours on a piece of code, then decide five more minutes for version control is too much, right?

Last edited by Zkuq - on 04 December 2023

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
JEMC said:

Because misery loves company (and who doesn't), guess who has lost the pendrive where he had, among other things, the template for the news? ***sigh*** Let's see how this impro version goes.

That's the sort of stuff I really want to store in version control if possible (and I guess it should be possible, since VGChartz supports raw HTML), because replicating it is not ideal if things go wrong. Then again, that's me, who almost lost actual code in the form of userscripts, speaking - I'd just mashed together something quick and dirty and couldn't bother setting up version control for such small things... I mean, who doesn't spend two hours on a piece of code, then decide five more minutes for version control is too much, right?

The thing is, that I had a copy of that template... on the drive that failed on me yesterday. So yeah, perfect storm and all that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Random_Matt said:

I believe some AMD cards are banned for China export too.

I thought was just a Dell thing? I know they are stopping sale of 7900 series cards and the MI300 IIRC.

2025. No platforms announced yet

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Rockstar showing everyone else how its done. Holy shit does does that trailer look incredible! Well above my expectations.. just wow.

Last edited by hinch - on 04 December 2023

Around the Network

Sold

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Same lol. Just floored by the scale of it all. The fidelity, density, proper hair physics, NPC's.. next level stuff.

Well over a year out which makes it all so long to wait. Which reminds me.. just thinking back at the old graphics threads discussing about diminishing returns and how laughable that was. Just have to bump up the budget and watch a dev team with real talent stretch its legs.

Last edited by hinch - on 04 December 2023

Too bad the PC version is some 3-4 years away...

Hey, look, the site works again! I swear that I had nothing to do with whatever happened to the site. I didn't do it.

Anyway, yeah, in one of the news I should have posted it's mentioned how Rockstar mentions PlS5 and Xbox X/S, but not PC. So yeah, 2026 with some luck.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The games for Humble Choice December were revealed yesterday.

• ELEX II
  • Expeditions: Rome
  • From Space
  • Last Call BBS
  • Midnight Fight Express
  • Nobody Saves the World
  • The Gunk
  • The Pale Beyond