By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Oh damn!

Looks like Valve is getting rid of the 64GB model. Good!

Around the Network

So that's what Valve's new ID hardware was.

Also, the new OLED panel apperas to be not only a tad bigger as the table says, but it also does 90Hz instead of 60Hz and can do 1000 nits for the HDR enthusiasts.

Last edited by JEMC - on 09 November 2023

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Talk about out of the blue lol

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I know this is out of the blue, but is this the Steam account of any of you?

_05kgn55_
https://steamcommunity.com/id/_05kgn55_

He has sent me a friend request but I don't know who he might be.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

At the risk of there being multiple 'no' posts, I'll just say that it's not me.

Around the Network

Thanks.

Damn that's what you call a shadow drop. Not interested in upgrading but damn Valve! The base model looking much more enticing than the tiny and not that useful OG one (64GB), albiet slightly more expensive. Though the base 90hz OLED for $150 more is probably what most new buyers should go for.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Talk about out of the blue lol

Awesome improvements. I'll probably get it for the longer battery life and the bigger screen.

One thing people aren't talking about is how cheap Steam Deck refurbished is right now because of the recent price cuts to the new versions. These prices are in USD but the price for 64GB model is cheaper than a base switch!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

For a while there, I had the thought that maybe I could replace my aging laptop with a Steam Deck due to how little use I have for it anyway. Now it's only the 512 GB model that's in stock, so I guess that's a quick no then. I'd have little use for a Steam Deck otherwise, as appealing as the device seems.