By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jeez they are really pushing every modern tech in this game huh

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I know they're trying to push the graphics, and that Pascal/RDNA 1 aren't new, but I'm not sure limiting your potential userbase is a good idea.

I don't know, we'll see how the game performs in terms of sales.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It's going to be the new PR spin with upscaling and eventually FG been in the requirements they show the Ultra 4k specs but it's rendering at 1080p and upscaling to 4k in the Alan Wake spec sheet even the "recommended" specs on the 3070 is with rendering at 540p native then upscaling to 1080p which is kind of funny since it the best part of 15 years ago people were getting their 1080p monitors and running games native at that resolution.

What I don't get is why are the Raster requirements so high? Like yea Ray Tracing requiring big pp GPUs is nothing new but Raster performance is just sad really.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AW2 is being done in Northlight, and we know from Control this is a poorly optimized engine.

A 4070 can't reach 45 fps 4K raster in Control, and a 7900 XT can't do 60, and that's indoor spaces filled with the straight lines of brutalist architecture and office furniture. So imagine an open urban or natural environment full of complex geometry.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I know they're trying to push the graphics, and that Pascal/RDNA 1 aren't new, but I'm not sure limiting your potential userbase is a good idea.

Doesn't help that their PC side is going to be locked to EGS for god knows how long, so them limiting their audience in both hardware and platform on PC isn't going to net them a lot on that side.

Also seeing as how they are demanding high of the PC side, the console side isn't likely to fare any better either. Like with Crysis I got that message years ago, but I don't think it's a sound idea for Remedy to try emulating Crytek into thinking they can be the next Crysis studio indefinitely (they've literally been living exclusivity cheque to exclusivity cheque for years now, which isn't healthy). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

Doesn't help that their PC side is going to be locked to EGS for god knows how long, so them limiting their audience in both hardware and platform on PC isn't going to net them a lot on that side.

Also seeing as how they are demanding high of the PC side, the console side isn't likely to fare any better either. Like with Crysis I got that message years ago, but I don't think it's a sound idea for Remedy to try emulating Crytek into thinking they can be the next Crysis studio indefinitely (they've literally been living exclusivity cheque to exclusivity cheque for years now, which isn't healthy). 

Epic Games is the publisher of the game, so it makes sense for it to be exclusive for as long as possible. And my guess is that Remedy has gotten a pretty good deal for that... or at least they should if they learned anything from the first Alan Wake and their deal with MSoft.

And I don't think they want to be the new Crysis, that spot has been taken by Cyberpunk 2077, it's just that they suck at optimizing their games/engines, like haxxiy said. Maybe, just maybe, they'll work harder with the console ports since they can't do a Bethesda and tell users to upgrade their hardware, but they already had trouble with their port of Control, so I can't say that I'm optimistic for console users either.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nice Star Citizen tech demo:

Very impressive.

Easy joke but, is the 2953 number the year it will launch?

JEMC said:

Epic Games is the publisher of the game, so it makes sense for it to be exclusive for as long as possible. And my guess is that Remedy has gotten a pretty good deal for that... or at least they should if they learned anything from the first Alan Wake and their deal with MSoft.

And I don't think they want to be the new Crysis, that spot has been taken by Cyberpunk 2077, it's just that they suck at optimizing their games/engines, like haxxiy said. Maybe, just maybe, they'll work harder with the console ports since they can't do a Bethesda and tell users to upgrade their hardware, but they already had trouble with their port of Control, so I can't say that I'm optimistic for console users either.

I mean, they likely did, but this mentality of living from exclusive deal to exclusive deal vs making big bank and then funding your own projects feels like a short term move than a long-term one. Remedy afaik has been living on these deals for years and years now, while others are either making a few hits, not needing exclusivity deals, or merging with a publisher and getting that blank cheque to do as they wish.

The reason why I said "they wanna be", is mostly down to their visual/spectacle outlook for their games, especially when you look at control, the game that came out a year before 2077 and boasted it's own host of RT effects and high system req's, and even AWK is continuing this trend. I've seen 2077 being played on a myriad of hw, but I'm not hearing stories about potato PC's running Control or the like, Remedy doesn't get that kind of magnifying glass treatment.

I just don't expect many to be playing this game on PC, simply due to the stupidly high hq req's, the storefront deal, and the fact that ppl still aren't aware AW1 remaster is on PC (just locked to EGS, you know, like KH collection, that ppl once again do not know about). So really you're going to hope ppl all bought an Xbox 360 in the past to play the original, or played the remaster on consoles. I just flat out do not see the fanfare or sales for this in so many ways.

I haven't mentioned anything about shitty optimisation because I'll be real with you; I fully expect shitty optimisation with all AAA games these days. Remedy is really no exception to that rule. 

I think this game is going to get buried under all the other releases, and it's likely poor performance and reach is not going to help either. I know they are getting that EGS cash, but that cash is not going to last them a lifetime, and Epic as you know is trying to cut down on expenses, hence why Remedy magically turns around to say "yeah nah, we ain't doing physical copies", which is funny, because everyone else is for the most part, but Epic clearly doesn't want to pay any extra costs they can afford to pay (that and they would rather have everything digital, I now what they want). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"