By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

AMD x86 core roadmap leaks out, Zen5 (Nirvana) Zen6 (Morpheus) microarchitectures detailed

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-x86-core-roadmap-leaks-out-zen5-nirvana-zen6-morpheus-microarchitectures-detailed

One of the few times leaks from MLID looks legit. 16 cores per ccd sounds hot damn worthy but it looks like we won't see that 19% uplift in IPC with Zen 3 anytime soon as node shrinks slow down drastically.

John Rayfield, Mastermind Behind Intel’s Next-Gen Meteor Lake VPU, Joins AMD

https://wccftech.com/john-rayfield-mastermind-behind-intel-next-gen-meteor-lake-vpu-joins-amd/

NVIDIA RTX 5000 ADA is now available, 12.8K CUDA cores and 32GB memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-rtx-5000-ada-is-now-available-12-8k-cuda-cores-and-32gb-memory

The "4080 Ti" if Jensen ever brings it out in gaming form

AMD Fluid Motion Frames now available in 12 games with Adrenalin preview driver, only for Radeon RX 7000 series

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fluid-motion-frames-now-available-in-12-games-with-adrenalin-preview-driver-only-for-radeon-rx-7000-series

Forspoken becomes the first game to feature AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR3)

https://videocardz.com/newz/forspoken-becomes-the-first-game-to-feature-amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-fsr3

We will see what DF thinks about it

Intel’s new Core i9-14900K desktop CPUs already shipping to reviewers

https://videocardz.com/newz/intels-new-core-i9-14900k-desktop-cpus-already-shipping-to-reviewers

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

We should wait for official testing but till DF and their slow ass gets around... Here's something interesting

This is going to be a very awkward situation if it's legit. Anti-Lag+ which is a competitor to Reflex is RDNA 3 exclusive while Reflex works all the way back to Maxwell. So as per his testing, Reflex lowers down the latency massively which I suspect Anti-Lag+ will as well. But the normal Anti-Lag and Nvidia's NULL both generally lower the latency by a minor degree. So we may see this ironic situation where because old Nvidia GPU owners have access to Reflex, the latency might actually be significantly lower when combined with FSR 3 than using pre-RDNA 3 Radeon GPU with FSR 3.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The FG aspect of FSR3 seems good, I just wish one could disable the FSR2.2 that goes alongside it.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

We should wait for official testing but till DF and their slow ass gets around... Here's something interesting

This is going to be a very awkward situation if it's legit. Anti-Lag+ which is a competitor to Reflex is RDNA 3 exclusive while Reflex works all the way back to Maxwell. So as per his testing, Reflex lowers down the latency massively which I suspect Anti-Lag+ will as well. But the normal Anti-Lag and Nvidia's NULL both generally lower the latency by a minor degree. So we may see this ironic situation where because old Nvidia GPU owners have access to Reflex, the latency might actually be significantly lower when combined with FSR 3 than using pre-RDNA 3 Radeon GPU with FSR 3.

These latency numbers seem too low overall. I suspect bad data here.

I really hope this is not the case or it gets updated/fixed soon because enabling "traditional V-sync" in 2023 would be very dumb as the latency hit would be nuts.

Around the Network

DLSS FG seems to have the reverse issue. I get a lot of jitter if I reach the max frequency 120Hz of my monitor. 60fps no FG looks better than 120 fps with FG. This technology is still in alpha stage.

I really hope this is not the case or it gets updated/fixed soon because enabling "traditional V-sync" in 2023 would be very dumb as the latency hit would be nuts.

Are they talking about in-game Vsync or Control panel variant?, because I stopped using in-game Vsync options years ago (mostly because devs still can't get their own versions to work, if at all). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Are they talking about in-game Vsync or Control panel variant?, because I stopped using in-game Vsync options years ago (mostly because devs still can't get their own versions to work, if at all). 

I think in-game v-sync but hard to say. Once they come out with their videos, they should be able to explain it better.

Welp I have officially sold off my PS5. I am a PC/Switch gamer now! I probably won't even buy a PS6 when that launches since even if Sony were to backpaddle, I'll likely not bother with their exclusives.

Welp I have officially sold off my PS5. I am a PC/Switch gamer now! I probably won't even buy a PS6 when that launches since even if Sony were to backpaddle, I'll likely not bother with their exclusives.

Shame we can't just buy Switch games from Nintendo to download them as a NSP for emulation because I just use my Switch console to rip my carts to play in Ryujinx these days instead of using it to play the games.