By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT to feature 10GB and 12GB memory configs, according to PowerColor EEC filing

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7600-xt-to-feature-10gb-and-12gb-memory-configs-according-to-powercolor-eec-filing

Very interesting and weird. Maybe AMD is getting their combative spirit back.

It's interesting how AMD says that there are no more ASICs to launch, but they still find a way to make new products.

Well, the gap between the 7600 and the 7700XT in both performance and price was too big and needed to be filled with something else, probably a further cut down Navi32. After all, the 54CUs of the 7700XT was more generous than anyone thought, so there's room for a new chip.

Besides, that would explain the memory, either keeping the same 192-bit bus or cutting it down a bit to 160-bit.

They said their RDNA3 Lineup is complete. Maybe the 7600XT is based on RDNA3.5?

That being said, a cut-down Navi 32 is more likely. With 48CU and a ~$350 pricetag this could be a great product for more price-concious people.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

It's interesting how AMD says that there are no more ASICs to launch, but they still find a way to make new products.

Well, the gap between the 7600 and the 7700XT in both performance and price was too big and needed to be filled with something else, probably a further cut down Navi32. After all, the 54CUs of the 7700XT was more generous than anyone thought, so there's room for a new chip.

Besides, that would explain the memory, either keeping the same 192-bit bus or cutting it down a bit to 160-bit.

They said their RDNA3 Lineup is complete. Maybe the 7600XT is based on RDNA3.5?

That being said, a cut-down Navi 32 is more likely. With 48CU and a ~$350 pricetag this could be a great product for more price-concious people.

In my opinion, RDNA3.5 would be best used as a mid-gen revision in a year or 18 months. But, since we dono't know what kind of improvements make it worth it the extra 0.5 name, it's up to AMD to decide what to do with it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

And none of you told me? Shame on you:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam20

Not a big sale, but it includes some deals.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

^Don't forget the free points shop stuff!

Thanks, I hadn't made it that far down yet

Around the Network

This is one way to kill your engine from future adoption

May as well rename your engine from "Unity" to "Unreal Engine Sales Pitch"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm not sure why I expected Unity to be more reasonable now, but clearly it's not. There will be increasingly good times for Godot, I suppose.

The moment John Riccitiello became the CEO of Unity, it became clear that money would be the only goal, and the destiny of Unity was sealed. A shame.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

This is one way to kill your engine from future adoption

May as well rename your engine from "Unity" to "Unreal Engine Sales Pitch"

Literally someone on a disco server I'm on upon me telling the news:

"You already need Unity Pro to publish to most platforms anyway

You can only really publish to windows/mac and mobile on a personal or pro licence

Any console requires a pro license"

To which I say:

I've seen people doing the math so far, it's a bad deal no matter how anyone tries to spin it. It's also run by the same exec that was at EA previously, so that makes sense as to why this is a crappy deal. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:

The moment John Riccitiello became the CEO of Unity, it became clear that money would be the only goal, and the destiny of Unity was sealed. A shame.

Call me tin foil hat, but I swear that guy is the go-to man for sinking companies for competitors on the inside. No matter where he goes he sinks a ship, gets to leave unscathed and manages to land another job easily, only to sink that next ship.

Him ruining Unity as much as he can benefits UE's already popular rise to power all the more. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"