By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Am I the only one to find it weird that the 7900XTX loses to the 4080 at 1080p and 1440p but wins at 4K?

Anyway, it doesn't run too bad on modern cards, but older cards wil struggle to run it at high settings.

Looking at the fps gains from dropping down to high or especially medium settings in the full article I think older cards will be doing just fine.

He also said he did the test prior to the new drivers that increase 4k performance by 16% so it will be interesting to see more tests on the updated ones.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
JEMC said:

Am I the only one to find it weird that the 7900XTX loses to the 4080 at 1080p and 1440p but wins at 4K?

Anyway, it doesn't run too bad on modern cards, but older cards wil struggle to run it at high settings.

Looking at the fps gains from dropping down to high or especially medium settings in the full article I think older cards will be doing just fine.

He also said he did the test prior to the new drivers that increase 4k performance by 16% so it will be interesting to see more tests on the updated ones.

Yeah, I read that part about not using the latest drivers. We'll see what numbers we get from other sites.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Performance seems fine-ish but 87 is the same score as Fallout 4, or FFXVI for something more recent... and GOTY contenders these two are not.

I suppose it'll be your usual Bethesda game with some good old jank and bugs but overall good enough to spend a lot of hours in.

My personal GOTY so far is still Tears of the Kingdom. The rest of the games have been good but not great. Mind you I haven't played BG3 but I don't think it's my type of game.

There's still a few more games coming out like Mario Wonder, Mortal Kombat 1 and such so we will see but I doubt Zelda will be defeated in my eyes this year. I'll skip Spiderman 2 since I am basically out of the Marvel franchises for a while unless someone does another GoTG.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I never really got the intense hype for Starfield and only really started anticipating it myself during its last big showcase so I'm not terribly surprised it's not in the 90s right now. I haven't played TotK yet but so far BG3 is my GOTY.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

My personal GOTY so far is still Tears of the Kingdom. The rest of the games have been good but not great. Mind you I haven't played BG3 but I don't think it's my type of game.

There's still a few more games coming out like Mario Wonder, Mortal Kombat 1 and such so we will see but I doubt Zelda will be defeated in my eyes this year. I'll skip Spiderman 2 since I am basically out of the Marvel franchises for a while unless someone does another GoTG.

I wanted to like Tears of the Kingdom as I absolutely loved Breath of the Wild... But visually I found it to be lacking so I couldn't get very far into it, but that is more of an issue due to the Switch's ancient and underpowered hardware rather than the game itself... And myself being picky.

720P-900P just doesn't cut it for me in 2023 sadly.

I might emulate the game on PC and give it another go at some point.

I will pickup my copy of Starfield on the 6th, I have always enjoyed Bethesda's open world titles, even before they got "popular" with their console releases going back to Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard etc'.

Either way, Microsoft needed Starfield to be a solid, quality and decent scoring title and it's good that they have delivered on that, gamers needed a reason for Xbox to exist and they finally got it.

Mario Wonder will be a good way to phase out the Switch I think, Mortal Kombat 1 looks absolutely epic.

Baldurs Gate 3 is probably one of the best games of all time in my book.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Well we know what the Radeon engineer did at Bethesda lmao

He wrote the following code:

if (Nvidia GPU) {

Run Radeon CryptoMiner.exe;

}

else {

Run at full speed;

}

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 September 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well we know what the Radeon engineer did at Bethesda lmao

He wrote the following code:

if (Nvidia GPU) {

Run Radeon CryptoMiner.exe;

}

else {

Run at full speed;

}

Looks to me like it could be a texture streaming issue. AMD's Infinity Cache can help a lot in those instances.

If that's indeed the case, then NVidia will have some issues with this game, as driver updates can't do too much to alleviate this problem unless preloading the assets - but then the low VRAM amounts of NVidia bites them in Jensen's ass.

I was watching some streamer with his 3080 get 40fps at default. Pretty terrible optimisation for Nvidia GPU's. Will wait for patches and mods before getting it.

Good morning, guys. It's a new month, and you know what that means:

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Win 1 of 2 AOC Pro-line P3 Q27P3CW 27in QHD monitors
https://www.club386.com/win-1-of-2-aoc-pro-line-p3-q27p3cw-27in-qhd-monitors/
or https://gleam.io/RYq8S/win-1-of-2-aoc-proline-p3-q27p3cw-27in-qhd-monitors

This competition is LIMITED to UK and EUROPE.

Good luck.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.