By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAE5KoyFEUo

TLDR. - Linus acknowledges he screwed up. Outlaid a ton of new policies.

But then goes on to ramble that many of the policies were already in place, so the degree of change is probably going to be mild.

There is a new Linus "ECC" squad, so if you feel like being a Karen and wish to correct errors... Feel free to volunteer via the Youtube link.

Should be interesting going forward.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Me when Starfield comes out

Yes that's why I don't buy anything more until I finished all my games.

-Adonis- said:

Me when Starfield comes out

We've all said that at one point. And then you find a great deal you can't miss.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
-Adonis- said:

We've all said that at one point. And then you find a great deal you can't miss.

Yes I know but I WILL succeed ! Games that I really want are for next year.

I play less video games right now.

-Adonis- said:
JEMC said:

But did you get all the games you wanted that launched last year? Or the year before? And let's not forget about the games you didn't know existed until you stumble into them, by accident.

I wish you good luck in your endeavor, but it's a road full of surprises and obstacles.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
-Adonis- said:

But did you get all the games you wanted that launched last year? Or the year before? And let's not forget about the games you didn't know existed until you stumble into them, by accident.

I wish you good luck in your endeavor, but it's a road full of surprises and obstacles.

I WILL SUCCEED !

I consider it a success that I'm generally buying games I really have an intention of playing at some point or am going to play really soon after buying. I used to buy quite a few games just because they were cheap and I heard were good, but now I'm putting much more emphasis on how much the games actually interest me personally. I probably still buy way too many games, but at least with increased income I can justify that by it being supporting devs/publishers that deserve it. I'm still quite picky about what kind of discounts I consider sufficient though - I rarely buy games at full price or poor discounts, with very few exceptions. Cities: Skylines is almost certainly going to be a notable exception, and Farthest Frontier looks like it's also going to be an exception (helped by its lower normal price). And I'm not actually too sorry about games taking longer to create, since it means there are probably fewer releases that really interest me.

These days for me it's a number of factors that get me buying or not buying a game:

Is the price good?
Does it perform good?
Does it require much tinkering to work/play the way I want?
Does it contain a cash shop/BP?
Does it rely heavily on skinner's box?
Does it respect my time?
Does it tell a meaningful story?.
Am I able to buy it on my storefront of choice?

I take all those into account these days when looking at each game, and if there's more negatives than positives I just hit the ignore button and move onto something else either on my wishlist or discovery queue.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So as far as "Feature set" exclusivity goes:

DLSS 3 Frame Generation: Exclusive to RTX 40 series
DLSS 3 Super Resolution: Exclusive to RTX 20/30/40
DLSS 3.5 Ray Reconstruction: Exclusive to RTX 20/30/40
Nvidia Reflex: Exclusive to Nvidia GTX 900/1000 + RTX 20/30/40
NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency: Exclusive to Nvidia GTX 900/1000 + RTX 20/30/40

Anti-Lag+: Exclusive to RDNA 3
Hypr RX: Exclusive to RDNA 3
Fluid Motion Frames: Exclusive to RDNA 1/2/3
Anti-Lag: Exclusive to RX400/500/Vega + RDNA1/2/3

Feature sets available to "All":

FSR 1.0
FSR 2/3 Super Resolution
FSR 3 Frame Generation (AMD strongly recommends RDNA1 or RTX 20 or newer)
XeSS

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 27 August 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So as far as "Feature set" exclusivity goes:

DLSS 3 Frame Generation: Exclusive to RTX 40 series
DLSS 3 Super Resolution: Exclusive to RTX 20/30/40
DLSS 3.5 Ray Reconstruction: Exclusive to RTX 20/30/40
Nvidia Reflex: Exclusive to Nvidia GTX 900/1000 + RTX 20/30/40
NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency: Exclusive to Nvidia GTX 900/1000 + RTX 20/30/40

Fluid Motion Frames: Exclusive to RDNA 1/2/3
Anti-Lag+: Exclusive to RDNA 3
Anti-Lag: Exclusive to RX400/500/Vega + RDNA1/2/3
Hypr RX: Exclusive to RDNA 3

Feature sets available to "All":

FSR 1.0
FSR 2/3 Super Resolution
FSR 3 Frame Generation (AMD strongly recommends RDNA1 or RTX 20 or newer)
XeSS

I like how Nvidia is ahead of AMD on their tech, but they have in turn horribly split up their tech for different cards, but the most expensive ones get the whole package, while AMD has only split theirs into 2 now. 

I feel like this should have been planned and executed better than what we have now, because to a casual person not into hw like we are, this will come off as stupidly confusing and irksome. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"