By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Had the 7800XT been called 7800 and the 7700XT been ~$50 cheaper, these would been perfect cards without controversy.

As it stands, despite the performance increase over last gen, the 7700XT is worthless at that price while the 7800XT risks falling short of the 6800XT in many benchmarks. Still, the 7800XT is pretty reasonably priced, should do short work of the similarly priced 4060Ti 16BG while also beating the 4070 in most non-raytraced benchmarks if those provided by AMD are somewhat accurate.

In other words, if one wants a current-gen card, the 7800XT is probably the one to go for. But we'll have to wait for indepenent reviews to be sure of it's performance.

Edit: It will also be interesting how the 7800XT fares against the 7900GRE. Despite the latter having many more CU, it can't really get those on the ground, having a big performance deficit over the 7900XT. Plus, the TDP is the same for both cards, so I think the performance could be pretty similar in some instances.

I think if they named the 7900XT a 7800XT and priced it at $700sh, Radeon's entire lineup would have been very solid. Instead they tried to go the greedy route and it largely backfired. Now their entire lineup has been confusing and a head scratcher. Still 7800XT does sound like a good deal on paper but I get the feeling it won't beat the 4070 when the reviews come out. Least it comes with Starfield so that does sweeten the deal.

I do think that even if they named the 7800XT a 7800, the 7700XT would still not fair well simply because it doesn't make much sense for the $50 difference. But the 7800 would have certainly had little to no controversy, that's for sure.

AMD should have used the useless 7900 GRE as the 7800XT, and leave these two new cards as 7800 & 7700XT or 7800 & 7700 or whatever.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I think if they named the 7900XT a 7800XT and priced it at $700sh, Radeon's entire lineup would have been very solid. Instead they tried to go the greedy route and it largely backfired. Now their entire lineup has been confusing and a head scratcher. Still 7800XT does sound like a good deal on paper but I get the feeling it won't beat the 4070 when the reviews come out. Least it comes with Starfield so that does sweeten the deal.

I do think that even if they named the 7800XT a 7800, the 7700XT would still not fair well simply because it doesn't make much sense for the $50 difference. But the 7800 would have certainly had little to no controversy, that's for sure.

AMD should have used the useless 7900 GRE as the 7800XT, and leave these two new cards as 7800 & 7700XT or 7800 & 7700 or whatever.

Yea that could have also worked. Idk what Radeon department has been thinking this gen but hopefully next gen will be better.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD Radeon Chief confirms Radeon RX 7000 (RDNA3) portfolio “is now complete”, no more SKUs planned

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-chief-confirms-radeon-rx-7000-rdna3-portfolio-is-now-complete-no-more-skus-planned

Feels like they left a pretty big gap between 7600 ($279) and 7700XT ($449). But I guess they could continue to make 6700XTs to fill in the middle or discount 7700XT as it likely won't sell very much similar to 7900XT.

Since there's already APUs coming with some updated RDNA3.5 generation, I suspect that those gaps will be filled in some kind of refresh. Keep in mind he only alluded to RDNA3 GPUs, not other architectures 

No wonder a 4090 only manages around 40fps at Native 4k. I have yet to see a UE5 game that doesn't perform like ass on every platform.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 26 August 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Posting this here, because I saw someone post it on PCgaming reddit, and that site is infested with armchair idiots who have more money than sense and just ignore people benchmarking games (hard data) entirely. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Seems more earnest and less tone deaf than their last response video. Hope the ship has been righted.

Well, we'll find out if things have changed with the review of the new AMD cards... tho they'd need to be very stupid to not be extra careful with them. All eyes will be on them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

3:16 is interesting and showcases what I was talking about earlier about that matter. If there's this much deviation across identical bench tests, you can imagine across different ones. It's the similar results that become suspicious at this rate, not the divergences.

That being said, if they're working to be extra careful with typos, etc. and double-checking for eventual errors, all the better for the viewers.

It's amazing how all this took was for a staff member to let his mouth run loose and slander GN/HWU, and cause Pandora's box to open.

If I were Linus or that CEO, I'd fire the guy or tell him never to boast openly on Youtube about how better they are than others ever again.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Me when Starfield comes out