By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
hinch said:

The massive memory bandwidth gap between them (45%) plus the extra 4GB VRAM should give the 7800XT a big leg over the 7700XT. I'd probably say there's going to be 15-20% difference between them once you factor the other specs. And if thats the case it'll be silly not to go for the higher end model.. which seems to me like another upsell strategy.

We'll see soon enough.. but for $50, I'd certainly just stump for the 7800XT with those prices. Will be interesting to see if Nvidia responds to this.. The 4060Ti really does need a drop really.

If we've learned something from the 4060 and 4060Ti is that the extra bandwidth and memory size won't matter at every resolution. At 4K? For sure! At 1440p? In some games, but not all. And at 1080p? I think only a few games will notice it.

Also, the difference between both cards won't be $50/60€. With board partners charging more for their extra coolers and then retailers playing their game, we may see a bigger difference than that shortly after launch.

We also saw a massive drop in performance from the 7900XT to the 7900GRE. And that was similarly cut down. The 7800XT has 4 MCD's, vs 3 for the 7700XT. Plus uses way faster DRAM.

Will find out soon but I'd expect there to be a big drop off. But yeah I edited my post after I posted.. Will be more expensive in the EU and outside US. Hopefully not so much of a difference there.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea but I don't think there is much we can do to avoid that doom other than hope that the upscalers look close enough to Native. Too many game developers went on board with UE5 to skimp out on all those future games. So DLSS/Frame Generation/FSR/FSR3 will be a pretty big selling point as more of these UE5 games start to come out. Least not every developer is using UE5 tho.

Well then we've confined ourselves to a future where there will be angry posts about driver level AI not working, glitches, bad performance with upscalers per patch, etc, and there won't be an option to brute force.

This is really why I have zero interest in the tech, because it means we'll become over reliant and be down one less option. I really don't like how we're fast becoming this reliant on AI, almost like humanity wants a future like 2077/Dredd/GitS/Matrix/Terminator, all of which are dystopian ones where AI is abused and relied too heavily upon.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It is actually nuts how much Intels own fabs cucked them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Granblue Fantasy Relink looks fantastic !

Interest preview :

-----------------------------------

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 26 August 2023

AMD announces Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB and RX 7700 XT 12GB graphics cards

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-radeon-rx-7800-xt-16gb-and-rx-7700-xt-12gb-graphics-cards

We will see if those performance claims are actually legit against 4070. But the 7700XT should no doubt beat the 4060 Ti. The prices aren't too bad though but like, why would anyone get a 7700XT? lol. $50 more and you get the 7800XT...

Had the 7800XT been called 7800 and the 7700XT been ~$50 cheaper, these would been perfect cards without controversy.

As it stands, despite the performance increase over last gen, the 7700XT is worthless at that price while the 7800XT risks falling short of the 6800XT in many benchmarks. Still, the 7800XT is pretty reasonably priced, should do short work of the similarly priced 4060Ti 16BG while also beating the 4070 in most non-raytraced benchmarks if those provided by AMD are somewhat accurate.

In other words, if one wants a current-gen card, the 7800XT is probably the one to go for. But we'll have to wait for indepenent reviews to be sure of it's performance.

Edit: It will also be interesting how the 7800XT fares against the 7900GRE. Despite the latter having many more CU, it can't really get those on the ground, having a big performance deficit over the 7900XT. Plus, the TDP is the same for both cards, so I think the performance could be pretty similar in some instances.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 26 August 2023

Around the Network

It's 2023 and Ubisoft is still acting/marketing things like high framerates, benchmark tools, and Ultrawide, like they are brand new, last year, super duper bonus features.

I can't put my finger on it exactly, but every single time Ubisoft markets a PC port, it always comes off as insulting, like someone treating you like an idiot by wording things differently, or trying to peddle something off to you in a way that makes it sound like a great deal, or "just for you".

Like take for instance when Spider-Man's PC port came out, it had the settings and the like that Ubisoft was taking time to market, but because people have these expectations (which they should, these should be the norm by now, c'mon people), Insomniac saw what other games previously had (like MS's GoW 5 settings for a prime example), and just put them into the game, and let the users see them for themselves, instead of wasting time and marketing these "features" like they are super bonus "goodies", and that to me comes off as a tad insulting.

Ubisoft should just be straight up making the best PC ports out there and letting those ports stand on their own merits, instead of doing this weird hype up shin dig, that everyone else is doing on a non over-hyped scale (you know, just doing their job, making sure we have ultra wide support, high frame rates and DLSS/FSR by default).

That being said, yes Avatar looks nice, but I'm never getting it, because Ubisoft still wants me to use their shitty client, and it is likely to be locked down to both their client and EGS, and I also stopped buying from Ubisoft since Creed Origins, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Last edited by Chazore - on 26 August 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

AMD Radeon Chief confirms Radeon RX 7000 (RDNA3) portfolio “is now complete”, no more SKUs planned

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-chief-confirms-radeon-rx-7000-rdna3-portfolio-is-now-complete-no-more-skus-planned

Feels like they left a pretty big gap between 7600 ($279) and 7700XT ($449). But I guess they could continue to make 6700XTs to fill in the middle or discount 7700XT as it likely won't sell very much similar to 7900XT.

NVIDIA releases DLSS 3.5 SDK, gamers are already swapping DLLs

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-releases-dlss-3-5-sdk-gamers-are-already-swapping-dlls

Intel 14th Gen Core “Raptor Lake Refresh” series listed by first retailer without stock or pricing information

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-14th-gen-core-raptor-lake-refresh-series-listed-by-first-retailer-without-stock-or-pricing-information

Basically skippable

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:

AMD announces Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB and RX 7700 XT 12GB graphics cards

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-radeon-rx-7800-xt-16gb-and-rx-7700-xt-12gb-graphics-cards

We will see if those performance claims are actually legit against 4070. But the 7700XT should no doubt beat the 4060 Ti. The prices aren't too bad though but like, why would anyone get a 7700XT? lol. $50 more and you get the 7800XT...

Had the 7800XT been called 7800 and the 7700XT been ~$50 cheaper, these would been perfect cards without controversy.

As it stands, despite the performance increase over last gen, the 7700XT is worthless at that price while the 7800XT risks falling short of the 6800XT in many benchmarks. Still, the 7800XT is pretty reasonably priced, should do short work of the similarly priced 4060Ti 16BG while also beating the 4070 in most non-raytraced benchmarks if those provided by AMD are somewhat accurate.

In other words, if one wants a current-gen card, the 7800XT is probably the one to go for. But we'll have to wait for indepenent reviews to be sure of it's performance.

Edit: It will also be interesting how the 7800XT fares against the 7900GRE. Despite the latter having many more CU, it can't really get those on the ground, having a big performance deficit over the 7900XT. Plus, the TDP is the same for both cards, so I think the performance could be pretty similar in some instances.

I think if they named the 7900XT a 7800XT and priced it at $700sh, Radeon's entire lineup would have been very solid. Instead they tried to go the greedy route and it largely backfired. Now their entire lineup has been confusing and a head scratcher. Still 7800XT does sound like a good deal on paper but I get the feeling it won't beat the 4070 when the reviews come out. Least it comes with Starfield so that does sweeten the deal.

I do think that even if they named the 7800XT a 7800, the 7700XT would still not fair well simply because it doesn't make much sense for the $50 difference. But the 7800 would have certainly had little to no controversy, that's for sure.

Spoiler!
I don't understand any of it. Am just here for the memes. 

The irony is they later clarified that anything older than 5700/20 series might not run FSR3 properly and the cards need a base 60fps to begin with to achieve a good result with FSR 3. So missleading marketing wins again.