By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

It looks like it will actually end well:

Ubisoft Accounts That Include Purchased PC Games Are Not Eligible for Deletion, Company Clarifies
https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-accounts-pc-games-not-eligible-deletion/
After a few days of confusion, Ubisoft finally clarified the inactive account deletion situation, confirming the criteria the company takes into consideration before an account is deleted.

In a new statement provided to Wccftech today, it was confirmed that Ubisoft takes 4 criteria into consideration before an account is deleted. These are the gaming activity of the account since its creation, the account's libraries, the duration of inactivity of the account, and the existence of an active subscription tied to the account. Regarding the account's libraries, Ubisoft confirmed that any account that includes purchased PC games is not eligible for deletion. Before the deletion is permanent, three emails are sent to the player, allowing them to restore their account within 30 days.

I'm looking at that criteria and I still think it's a load of utter horseshit.

This is Ubisoft after all. While Blzizard has done shit by PC gaming and console gaming with Overwatch and other games of theirs, Ubisoft has had this petty childish invisible war on PC gaming for years now, and this still comes off as a petty attempt to force customers back onto their client.

I haven't touched that crappy client since the whole EGS crap went down nearly 4 years ago, so I guess I already fit 2 checkmarks already. Ubisoft are doing a damn fine job of not releasing good games, doing exclusivity bullshit, more DRM, and this shit. Why anyone on PC would wanna play their stuff let alone support them is beyond me, since they seemingly hate PC and won't let it go and just adhere to the customer will and bow to be humbled. 

Well, you may still not trust them, but there's something to consider: law.

One thing is to delete an account that has nothing but free games, sorry, licenses that meant no money exchange between Ubi and the user, but another thing is to do the same when money is involved. Things get a lot more complicated.

Remember how Ubisoft decided to shot down some servers and decided to not only remove some games from sale, but also make them unplayable? Wjem was it, earlier this year or last year? I remember because Anno 2070 was involved and I have that game. Well, it turn out that Ubisoft killed those servers and removed the games from sale, but they found out a way to make them still playable for its owners. Why? Because they realized that, if they didn't find that fix, they could get into serious legal trouble.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

New rumors point to Intel radically changing their CPUs starting with Arrow lake:

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/intel-15th-gen-arrow-lake-cpu-with-40-cores-in-2025-40-faster-than-meteor-lake-no-hyper-threading-rumor/

Apparently, Intel will ditch Hyperthreading completely in favor of lots of cores, 40 of them in this case. This would be probably be the start of the "Royal Core" architecture, basically a successor to the current Core architecture, which could possibly be what Jim Keller was doing at Intel lately. The timing would fit since Jim left Intel prematurely due to differences with it's leadership over their foundry prospects.

Given the source of this rumor, MLiD, we should take it with a grain (or more) or salt, even if his Navi 3X leak turned out to be true.

In any case, Intel would need to make giant leaps in the efficiency of those CPUs to make them a good option. 8P +32E cores may use a ridiculous amount of power.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Lol getting rid of hyperthreading sounds like the typical MLID retardism. Hence why I skip articles that sites him. Remember he said DLSS 3 would be driver based, Lovelace would be delayed to 2023, Zen 4 would have crazy IPC, etc.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

Well, you may still not trust them, but there's something to consider: law.

One thing is to delete an account that has nothing but free games, sorry, licenses that meant no money exchange between Ubi and the user, but another thing is to do the same when money is involved. Things get a lot more complicated.

Remember how Ubisoft decided to shot down some servers and decided to not only remove some games from sale, but also make them unplayable? Wjem was it, earlier this year or last year? I remember because Anno 2070 was involved and I have that game. Well, it turn out that Ubisoft killed those servers and removed the games from sale, but they found out a way to make them still playable for its owners. Why? Because they realized that, if they didn't find that fix, they could get into serious legal trouble.

Yeah, I was one of those Anno owners for the old version. Not sure if I can still play it though, since it'll require me to download Ubi's latest client remodel, and I ain't down for doing that (especially after I had to deal with EA's new crappier client, I want Origin back). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

"Intel can no longer get hyperthreading to work with their P-cores" sounds like your typical MLID insanity.

Intel might have shortened it's pipelines, which makes Hyperthreading more difficult and pointless to implement.

The idea of Hyper-threading was to spool up a thread and insert some processing into certain pipeline stages that were idle to increase performance via ILP and reduce parts of the CPU burning energy and not doing anything.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Sure (if it were a brand-new architecture, which Intel would have announced already), but MLID has been peddling some variation of these same rumors for two years now, and in the past, he used to claim Intel would actually adopt 4-way SMT with Royal Core... talk about getting the fundamentals wrong.

To be fair, I don't think he outright makes up stuff, but his sources are just Chinese Twitter users who might get some low-level industrial information that it's usually outdated or incomplete on top of things getting lost in translation.

Others in this area sometimes use the same kind of source, yes-but usually to greater levels of success.

Last edited by haxxiy - on 25 July 2023

I've about fucking had it with my router. Keeps dropping connection. Any recommendations? I don't need a bunch of fancy features; just rock solid uptime and speeds for several connected devices.

My last router which was Asus RT-AC86U was pretty great. Never lost a connection after the initial few weeks of updating the firmware and didn't need to reboot for years. But it's only wifi 5 so pretty "dated" these days. My current one is the ASUS RT-AXE7800 which goes on sale often enough and has Wifi 6E capabilities but there are also some interesting quirks of wifi 6e and some fine print material in general with a lot of these modern routers. I'll likely have a review of it sometime this week after my experience with it. But both are pretty great routers.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850