By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

BasilZero said:

Hello my fellow Gabenites.

I have betrayed thee by playing/trying out Fall Guys on Epic Game Launcher.

(Btw, what a shitty launcher lol - I had to refresh the store page 5 times just for the Fall Guys store page to load and when I tried to download it, it failed so I had to restart the whole app).

After downloading Fall Guys and trying it for the first time, it was okay. I can see myself playing it again, probably make some videos off of it lol.

Fall Guys is a great casual game to play, so no judgment there. 

Although I do wonder if Epic has just given up in their attempt to compete with Steam. New features have not been introduced in seemingly a long time other than some rewards program, so the storefront is still a very barebones experience other than the occasional EGS exclusive and free games, and like you said, the Epic Launcher is dogshit

Around the Network

AMD Rumored To Launch Radeon RX 7800 XT & RX 7700 XT GPUs In Late Q3

https://wccftech.com/amd-rumored-to-launch-radeon-rx-7800-xt-rx-7700-xt-gpus-in-late-q3/

Pretty late to the party. With 4060/Ti 4070/Ti already getting discounts, by the time those arrive, it's not gonna be a happy time

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 GPUs Receive Initial Open-Source Support In Mesa

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-gpus-receive-initial-open-source-support-in-mesa/

AMD Ryzen 8000 “Strix Point” APU Spotted With 12 Zen 5 Cores, 24 Threads, RDNA 3.5 GPU

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-8000-strix-point-apu-spotted-12-zen-5-cores-24-threads-rdna-3-5-gpu/

RDNA 3.5 sounds interesting

Intel N50 Alder Lake-N CPU Benchmarked, Dual E-Core Design At 6W

https://wccftech.com/intel-n50-alder-lake-n-cpu-benchmarked-dual-e-core-design-at-6w/

Only E-core cpu is as much of a potato as one would think

The Acer GPU segment is pretty telling of why people don't like working with Nvidia. Acer has been building Intel Arc GPUs and they are also making Radeon GPUs. But when Acer approached Nvidia to make Nvidia GPUs as well, Nvidia said they can only put their GPUs in prebuilt systems and not sell them to DIY and by the sounds of it, they may need Jensens own approval to make DIY GPUs.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

PC is currently more profitable to Activision Blizzard than consoles
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pc-is-more-profitable-to-activision-blizzard-than-next-gen-consoles/
During its Second Quarter 2023 Financial Report, Activision Blizzard stated that PC is currently a more profitable platform than both Xbox Series X and PS5.
According to the publisher, for the 6 months of the year, PC made $1.25 billion. For comparison purposes, all consoles combined made $1.19 billion in that same period. However, even the PC platform was no match for mobile. Mobile is currently the golden cow of Activision Blizzard as it brought in $1.9 billion.

Mobile is just crazy. I think i've collectively spent like $30 bucks in all the years. One of my coworkers had spent $3,000 on one game alone. It's insane.

hinch said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea it depends but Nvidia generally considers their workstation GPUs when configuring the specs for their consumer GPUs while Radeon doesn't since with a lot of Nvidias consumer GPUs, they can do workstation tasks almost as well as their workstation GPUs but the only real cuck is that Vram. But I do think similar to Kepler > Maxwell > Pascal where Vram has gone up, Blackwell will also see Vram go up. Just the question is whether or not the price will also go up like with Lovelace.

Still my predictions are:

5090: 24GB
5080: 16GB but higher bandwidth
5070/Ti: 16GB less bandwidth
5060 Ti: 12GB
5060: 8GB

I don't think we will see a 12GB 60 class for a while lol

That's true. Especially now since their GPU's are quite sought after with the Ai boom. Still some wierd configurations considering (for the consumer grade DGPU's). Like the 16GB 4060Ti; that's really low bandwidth and VRAM amount doesn't match at all. I just think they are just too slow to react to the market where more and more games are using more memory but the progress in offerings just doesn't suffice. Even seeing 8GB cards released today at $300+ is just pure stagnation. Then I look at the actual specs and its all so lul-worthy. I just worry with the advent of both new cutting edge tech with TSMC's 3nm and GDDR7 release it will again go up, yet again. But also performance upgrade will also be decent.

That's a good prediction. Still would like Nvidia to move on from 8GB lol.. but yeah sadly can see yet another 8GB 60 tier card. 12GB should really be the minimum for a mainstream 1080P card, that can do 1440P in 2024/2025. 16GB is probably the sweet spot for games and can't see that being a limitation any time soon. So that's a good choice for the 70 and 80. Would be crazy if either AMD or Nvidia decides to put 32GB in their flagship(s).

Yea the main issue is that there is a lack of competition. Nvidia can get away with their shenanigans because the market allows them to and Radeon isn't doing anything about it. Like the 4060 8GB for example. Terrible card and easy win for Radeon. What do they do? Release a 7600 with 8GB of vram for slightly cheaper. The 4060 Ti base model comes with 8GB of Vram as well and should be an easy win for Radeon. What do they do? Lets release their 7700XT in September... Which by the time that happens, the 4060 Ti 16GB will likely come down to $400 vs the rumoured price of $450 of 7700XT and 4070 will likely come down to $500. And the list goes on. What Radeon doesn't understand or has given up completely on is the fact that Nvidia is the default choice and it is up to Radeon or Intel to give people a reason to not buy Nvidia. If Radeon is basically just Nvidia + 5-10% performance at similar prices, people won't switch because Nvidia has the feature set to sway buyers like DLSS, Ray Tracing, Reflex etc.

I think Intel at least seems to know this and with some hope, Battlemage should be releasing in a much better state than Arc did. The fact that you can get an A750 for $180 is insane! So if Intel continues their trend of aggressive price and performance, then hopefully, it will force Nvidia to take the gaming market more seriously. Especially since Intel is very competitive in Ray Tracing and also has their own Ai based upscaler. But till Intel becomes competitive, I don't see Nvidia changing their ways. Because when you have 80%+ of the market share even though you are turning out shit products like the 4060 Ti, what incentive is their to give the gamers proper GPUs?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

green_sky said:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pc-is-more-profitable-to-activision-blizzard-than-next-gen-consoles/
During its Second Quarter 2023 Financial Report, Activision Blizzard stated that PC is currently a more profitable platform than both Xbox Series X and PS5.
According to the publisher, for the 6 months of the year, PC made $1.25 billion. For comparison purposes, all consoles combined made $1.19 billion in that same period. However, even the PC platform was no match for mobile. Mobile is currently the golden cow of Activision Blizzard as it brought in $1.9 billion.

Mobile is just crazy. I think i've collectively spent like $30 bucks in all the years. One of my coworkers had spent $3,000 on one game alone. It's insane.

Don't ask me how much I spent on Genshin Impact

Around the Network
green_sky said:

Brother

TallSilhouette said:

Fall Guys has actually become kind of a comfort game for me. If I just want to relax for an hour but would still rather play something than watch something I'll play a few rounds. Good for catching up on podcasts and the like, too.

Yeah I can see doing that (minus podcast stuff lol) - same with Minecraft (which I finally got to).

gtotheunit91 said:

Fall Guys is a great casual game to play, so no judgment there. 

Although I do wonder if Epic has just given up in their attempt to compete with Steam. New features have not been introduced in seemingly a long time other than some rewards program, so the storefront is still a very barebones experience other than the occasional EGS exclusive and free games, and like you said, the Epic Launcher is dogshit

When your store is worse than Ubisoft or EA's store/app, you need to reconsider what you are doing lol.

green_sky said:

It's weird how mobile attracts mega whales who happily drop a few grand on a game and move on to the next game the following month and do it again. It basically created it's own market different to PC and console.

green_sky said:

All my Genshin has been on PC so it's doesn't count as mobile revenue right :D Though I only get the Welkin sub so I'm low on the spend list.

green_sky said:

It's even crazier when you consider that all mainline CoD games have still released on last-gen consoles as well. So that revenue is also taking that into account as well. PC gamers love shooters, strategy, and RPGs. ABK offers all three. 

I refuse to play on mobile though always will. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 20 July 2023

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Basil, if I had enough money to waste it buying a console to play just one game, you can bet you ass that I'd waste that money on something else first.

For one reason or another, my history with Gears of War ended in Gears 3... like Dom's.

Plenty of other games like Rare Replay (which isnt on PC) lol

I didnt buy my Xbox for one game :(

I didn't say you did. But we were talking about playing Gears and you told me to buy a console to play it, which I won't.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.