By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Phantom Liberty PC requirements - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/48271/update-to-pc-system-requirements Uwah, that requirement needed for 4K, Overdrive.

Hopefully I can get it playable at 1440P with some tweaking with Overdrive.

"RT Low: 2060, A750, 6800XT"

Lmao just goes to show how poor the RT implementation was with RDNA 2

RTX 2060 supposed to be enough but at the same time 8GB VRAM minimum? How does that work out?

I suspect that they either meant the 2060 Super, which comes with 8GB, or the 3060 with it's 12GB VRAM.

Around the Network

I am sure Cyberpunk will go on big discount during the upcoming steam sales. It is worth playing since the single player story is quite good. Just the open world interaction and such is still pretty meh. If you go into it not expecting GTA, you will have a good time.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

RTX 2060 supposed to be enough but at the same time 8GB VRAM minimum? How does that work out?

I suspect that they either meant the 2060 Super, which comes with 8GB, or the 3060 with it's 12GB VRAM.

Could be a 2060 Super since 2060 was pretty terrible. I doubt it's a 3060 though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:

Phantom Liberty PC requirements - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/48271/update-to-pc-system-requirements

*snip*

Uwah, that requirement needed for 4K, Overdrive.

We can say for sure that Cyberpunk is the new Crysis. Those specs are insane.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

I think that how AMD prices the GPUs based on Navi 32 will matter as much as its performance. The 7600 doesn't perform too well, but at least it's price isn't too bad for a newly released card, and in six months it could be seen as (mostly) good value.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see how it performs to male further judgements.

Plus, it's a decent upgrade over the RX 6600 non-XT, while the 4060 looks like it could actually have worse performance than the 3060. Since they are both too weak for raytracing, it will come down to raster. And since the 7600 was about 15% faster than the 3060 12GB according to PCGH, the 7600 could very well be quite a bit faster than the 4060, at a lower price.

TechPowerUp shows the same 15% advantage over the 3060 at 1080p.

Still, I have a hard time believing that Nvidia will launch a card that's slower than its predecesor. Yes, the 3060Ti beats the 4060Ti in some tests, but the average still puts the 4060Ti on top, and I hope the same is true again with the 4060 because if that's not the case, it won't matter how much Nvidia tries to spin that with DLSS3 or whatever, it will be a disaster of epic proportions.

But well, maybe Nvidia doesn't care for the low end market with its small profit margins anymore.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Phantom Liberty PC requirements - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/48271/update-to-pc-system-requirements Uwah, that requirement needed for 4K, Overdrive.

Yeah its bad. For RDNA 2, RT was clearly an afterthought for AMD. Even with RDNA 3 and their top end SKU the 7900XTX just barely matches a 3080Ti/3090 for games with heavy RT effects.

And a prior $650 GPU barely matching $200 GPU's in 2023, is a bit of a embarrassment lol.

JEMC said:
hinch said:

Phantom Liberty PC requirements - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/48271/update-to-pc-system-requirements

*snip*

Uwah, that requirement needed for 4K, Overdrive.

True, barely anyone could run Crysis when it launched. And here you'd need a $1200 GPU as a bare minumum to run it with all its effects, plus a near TOTL 12 core CPU. Granted the non-RT requirements aren't as mad and is playable with it turned off.

haxxiy said:

Strange that the standard requirements are counting DLSS but not the RT ones except for FG with Overdrive. Still, it looks just the same as standard CP2077 so as expected. The CPU side is weird too.

Yeah they've supposedly added a lot to the game including improved Ai. Curious to see how performance scales with different tiers of CPU to GPU.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I am sure Cyberpunk will go on big discount during the upcoming steam sales. It is worth playing since the single player story is quite good. Just the open world interaction and such is still pretty meh. If you go into it not expecting GTA, you will have a good time.

I kind of doubt that. GOG's summer sale just started, and Cyberpunk is -50 % as usual. I don't think CDPR is going to sell the game for a lower price elsewhere just a while later.

Zkuq said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I kind of doubt that. GOG's summer sale just started, and Cyberpunk is -50 % as usual. I don't think CDPR is going to sell the game for a lower price elsewhere just a while later.

Yea I meant big discount relative to paying full price. 50% off is a pretty good discount and is well worth it if you have RTX GPU and want to test out Nvidia technologies while playing a pretty good game. I am sure when they announce RTX 5000 series, Cyberpunk will have even more GPU intensive RT modes.

hinch said:
JEMC said:

True, barely anyone could run Crysis when it launched. And here you'd need a $1200 GPU as a bare minumum to run it with all its effects, plus a near TOTL 12 core CPU. Granted the non-RT requirements aren't as mad and is playable with it turned off.

There was no CPU on the market that could run it at 30 FPS at stock. But the Core 2 Duos could be overclocked to over 4 GHz most of the time.

Another issue back then was that the flat screen monitors of the time were terrible when you had to play below native resolution.

Speaking of requirements, Lies of P is a prime example of how to do PC requirements the correct way. They certainly did extensive testing, that's for sure:

Captain_Yuri said:
Zkuq said:

Yea I meant big discount relative to paying full price. 50% off is a pretty good discount and is well worth it if you have RTX GPU and want to test out Nvidia technologies while playing a pretty good game. I am sure when they announce RTX 5000 series, Cyberpunk will have even more GPU intensive RT modes.

Ah, I see. For some reason, I thought you meant an exceptionally good sale, but evidently not. Anyway, since we're already at it, I might mention that it appears to be -50 % on Steam as well at the moment.