By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

If there really is a 7950X3D, that would be insane. It would be great for both productivity and gaming, especially if it's able to maintain it's clocks. That along with cheaper motherboard prices will mean that I might be tempted to buy it.

Hopefully, and after seeing how Zen4 has done so far, AMD will decide to keep the current prices and launch this new 3D models at the MSRP of the regular ones. The extra gaming performance will be enough to justify those prices while giving the users that don't need the extra cache (or can't afford them) a cheaper option.

Captain_Yuri said:

Scalpers struggling to sell RTX 4080 cards, now ‘graciously’ offering them at MSRP

https://videocardz.com/newz/scalpers-struggling-to-sell-rtx-4080-cards-now-graciously-offering-them-at-msrp#disqus_thread

Newegg is denying their refunds. For once, thank you newegg.

So, do you still keep your opinion from yesterday about the 4080? Who knows how many of those out of stock cards were bought by those scalpers.

By the way: Ha, ha! F*ck them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Scalpers struggling to sell RTX 4080 cards, now ‘graciously’ offering them at MSRP

https://videocardz.com/newz/scalpers-struggling-to-sell-rtx-4080-cards-now-graciously-offering-them-at-msrp#disqus_thread

Newegg is denying their refunds. For once, thank you newegg.

So, do you still keep your opinion from yesterday about the 4080? Who knows how many of those out of stock cards were bought by those scalpers.

I do cause there are still legit people that bought a 4080 that could have been swayed to wait for a 7900XTX if Radeon posted comparisons.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

I do cause there are still legit people that bought a 4080 that could have been swayed to buy 7900XTX if Radeon posted comparisons.

If they couldn't wait a month to find out, I doubt one of those comparison charts would have done anything.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I do cause there are still legit people that bought a 4080 that could have been swayed to buy 7900XTX if Radeon posted comparisons.

If they couldn't wait a month to find out, I doubt one of those comparison charts would have done anything.

I think it would have done plenty because by them not showing anything, all it does is create distrust within the brand. Even if the 7900XTX turns out to be a great product, Radeon is back to their cowardly ways with taking shots at features that don't matter to most people while hiding the performance metrics that matter to most. Even their footnotes and such are vague and hide settings which is a stark contrast to their RDNA 2 launch.

But I think we can agree to disagree.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

By the way, guys, don't buy a RTX 3060 8GB unless it's far cheaper than a regular 3060 12GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPbIsxIQb8M

It's a bit more than 10% slower than the original model, but in games that use the whole 8GB of VRAM, the performance can drop more than 30%.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
hinch said:

Lack of optimization and shader compilation stutters hit again. Denuvo doesn't help either..

Also the death animations "DLC" part didn't go over so well, which honestly sounds like the devs didn't learn shit from DS3 and the shit that game got for doing it's DLC.

This'll be a forgettable game in a couple months, just watch. 

Yeah the whole DLC thing is trash. You have that, PS exclusive DLC, day 1 DLC and then retailer specific one (exlusive skin from Amazon). On top of that there's a new game plus which won't be coming till later and they advertise as 'free'. Like thanks? I suppose lol.

With all that said I've played about 30 minutes of the game on PS5 and its quite enjoyable so far. Nothing earth shattering though the production value and graphics are really nice, especially the character models and animation. But yeah, probs best wait for a tonne of patches if you want to play on PC.. and by that time it'll probably hit the bargain bin.

Games released like that makes you wonder what the hell were they thinking. Sure, you can blame the engine for causing problems or the publisher for setting a deadline and not wanting to change it, but they saw the problem during the development, testing and optimization stages and, for some unknown reason, they decided to keep developing the game without fixing it. They didn't fix an issue that makes the game unplayable.

It just doesn't make sense.

Well, I hope the console sales are good enough for them, because I don't think they'll sell much on PC. At least not until they fix the problems, which hopefully they will.

JEMC said:

Games released like that makes you wonder what the hell were they thinking. Sure, you can blame the engine for causing problems or the publisher for setting a deadline and not wanting to change it, but they saw the problem during the development, testing and optimization stages and, for some unknown reason, they decided to keep developing the game without fixing it. They didn't fix an issue that makes the game unplayable.

It just doesn't make sense.

Well, I hope the console sales are good enough for them, because I don't think they'll sell much on PC. At least not until they fix the problems, which hopefully they will.

Same goes for Nintendo tbh, they only had to make Pokemon for their own console and they still managed to realise it in a right buggy state, having a higher budget and more folks working on it, yet they went for late 2022 for those upcoming holiday sales and Xmas gift shopping.

Though in this case, the devs behind that game aren't ever going to get the benefit of the doubt and the site/youtube reviews show this, yet Nintendo is getting away with it in both reviews and sales, and all they have to do is say "we're sorry" and everyone goes back to forgetting that their last Pokemon game was also released in a buggy and stuttery mess. 

Honestly, AAA these days feels more like the early Indie scene of the 2000's, and by that I mean "messy as fuck". Whatever happened to the days when companies paid for local Alpha/beta testers, did they suddenly just decide that's not a valid concept these days or something?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Custom AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX & RX 7900 XT Graphics Cards To Cost Up To $1600 US In China

https://wccftech.com/custom-amd-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-rx-7900-xt-graphics-cards-to-cost-up-to-1600-usd-in-china/

As usual, China prices are much higher than the US

Intel Core i5-13500 Raptor Lake CPU Benchmarks Leak: Over 50% Faster Than 12500

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i5-13500-raptor-lake-cpu-benchmarks-leak-over-50-percent-faster-than-12500/

Pretty good uplift considering its a budget chip

PCIe Gen5 SSD Prices: 1 TB For $400, 2 TB For $800, 4 TB For $1600 at Japanese Retailer

https://wccftech.com/pcie-gen5-ssd-prices-1-tb-for-400-2-tb-for-800-4-tb-for-1600-at-japanese-retailer/

I'll wait for some performance reviews before buying it again but if it is fixed, that's pretty fast even if it shouldn't have been shipped in that state in the first place.