By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

I really, really hope they end rebranding it as the 4070Ti, even if the performance is sh!t. I say that because there are some questions that arise from this movement, like what will be the new name and price, but also what it will mean for the rest of the lineup.

The 4080 12GB was very expensive at $899, three hundred less than the 16GB model, but it left room for whatever was going to be the 4070 to be priced between $500-600, and so on for the 4060, 4050, etc. Expensive, yes, but "only" around $100 more than the Ampere counterparts.

But, now that the card will be rebranded, what if they rebrand it as 4070 and launch it for $700? It's a crazy price, but it's two hundred less than the original price and a huge five hundred less than the 4080 16GB, making it a real possibility.

And, if that's the case, what will happen with the 4060? Will it become a $450-500 card (to leave room for a $550-600 4060Ti)? And what about the cards lower than that?

So yeah, maybe I'm overthinking it, but I hope the former 4080 12GB gets rebranded as 4070Ti, for our own sake.

They likely will.

There's no way Nvidia would spend this much on R&D/manufacturing to simply cancel and scrub the 12gb model, so rebranding it completely makes more sense logically. It'll still have the same results though, so I'd still be disappointed either way.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Personally I won't applaud Nvidia until they do the following:

4080 16GB $800 or less
4070 12GB $550 or less

The performance uplift otherwise makes zero sense because yes you are getting an uplift... For a shat price. The 4090 price is easier to swallow because of it's target audience who are the Halo card buyers. But the 80 series shouldn't be in the Halo card price range.

Those prices seem more reasonable, but given how they opened with the higher prices, do you think they would even draw back to the ones you listed?.

Something tells me Nvidia is gonna hold out a lil longer till more fish bite, and then try to justify their og prices, I mean we've already seen them pre-boasting about the queue's for the 4090's already, so that kinda gives us the impression that they are already feeling justified in their pricing for that card. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

4080 16GB $800 or less
4070 12GB $550 or less

The performance uplift otherwise makes zero sense because yes you are getting an uplift... For a shat price. The 4090 price is easier to swallow because of it's target audience who are the Halo card buyers. But the 80 series shouldn't be in the Halo card price range.

Those prices seem more reasonable, but given how they opened with the higher prices, do you think they would even draw back to the ones you listed?.

Something tells me Nvidia is gonna hold out a lil longer till more fish bite, and then try to justify their og prices, I mean we've already seen them pre-boasting about the queue's for the 4090's already, so that kinda gives us the impression that they are already feeling justified in their pricing for that card. 

Idk if it will be that low but I think they will get close unless AMD ends up being equally greedy. Imo Nvidia is trying to bait AMD into announcing a price before they drop their prices because AMD always goes after Nvidia reveals their prices and products and is able to position their products more competitively. Cause the 4080s are already in production and sitting on warehouses ready to be sold. There's basically no reason to wait until November 16th other than to see what AMD is doing first. If you compare that to Ampere where there was no price adjustment, the 3080s and 3090s all launched within a week of each other.

But I think the biggest indication of a price drop coming is the specs because they really don't make much sense. For $400, you are getting nearly a 40-60% performance increase if you go with the 4090 which has over 6000 cuda core difference? I think their strategy is to drop the 4080 price down and reveal the 4080 Ti that will compete more directly against the 7900XT. But we will see what happens in this clown circus of a GPU launch lmao.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

I really, really hope they end rebranding it as the 4070Ti, even if the performance is sh!t. I say that because there are some questions that arise from this movement, like what will be the new name and price, but also what it will mean for the rest of the lineup.

The 4080 12GB was very expensive at $899, three hundred less than the 16GB model, but it left room for whatever was going to be the 4070 to be priced between $500-600, and so on for the 4060, 4050, etc. Expensive, yes, but "only" around $100 more than the Ampere counterparts.

But, now that the card will be rebranded, what if they rebrand it as 4070 and launch it for $700? It's a crazy price, but it's two hundred less than the original price and a huge five hundred less than the 4080 16GB, making it a real possibility.

And, if that's the case, what will happen with the 4060? Will it become a $450-500 card (to leave room for a $550-600 4060Ti)? And what about the cards lower than that?

So yeah, maybe I'm overthinking it, but I hope the former 4080 12GB gets rebranded as 4070Ti, for our own sake.

They likely will.

There's no way Nvidia would spend this much on R&D/manufacturing to simply cancel and scrub the 12gb model, so rebranding it completely makes more sense logically. It'll still have the same results though, so I'd still be disappointed either way.

Just to be clear, no one thinks that they'll scrap the GPU. What Nvidia and we all say is that they'll rebrand it and launch it under a different name (and price). The questions is which name and what price.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

4080 16GB $800 or less
4070 12GB $550 or less

To be honest, the 4090 may have been a success, but not everywhere. There are posts here and in other places telling that the cards had gone out of stock in a matter of minutes, but it's been three days and you can still find 4090 in many stores here in Spain. Not all models, mind you, but some from Inno3D, Gigabyte and Zotac are still available (evidence one and two).

So, either the supply was bigger here than in other places, which seems unlikely, or the demand for such pricey cards isn't as high as they thought.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

Idk if it will be that low but I think they will get close unless AMD ends up being equally greedy. Imo Nvidia is trying to bait AMD into announcing a price before they drop their prices because AMD always goes after Nvidia reveals their prices and products and is able to position their products more competitively. Cause the 4080s are already in production and sitting on warehouses ready to be sold. There's basically no reason to wait until November 16th other than to see what AMD is doing first. If you compare that to Ampere where there was no price adjustment, the 3080s and 3090s all launched within a week of each other.

But I think the biggest indication of a price drop coming is the specs because they really don't make much sense. For $400, you are getting nearly a 40-60% performance increase if you go with the 4090 which has over 6000 cuda core difference? I think their strategy is to drop the 4080 price down and reveal the 4080 Ti that will compete more directly against the 7900XT. But we will see what happens in this clown circus of a GPU launch lmao.

That'd be a dick move to us if anything, but I wouldn't put it past Nvidia to wait AMD out to do it. 

I still think this gen of GPU's are joke, though we'll have to wait and see how AMD performs.

JEMC said:

Just to be clear, no one thinks that they'll scrap the GPU. What Nvidia and we all say is that they'll rebrand it and launch it under a different name (and price). The questions is which name and what price.

To be honest, the 4090 may have been a success, but not everywhere. There are posts here and in other places telling that the cards had gone out of stock in a matter of minutes, but it's been three days and you can still find 4090 in many stores here in Spain. Not all models, mind you, but some from Inno3D, Gigabyte and Zotac are still available (evidence one and two).

So, either the supply was bigger here than in other places, which seems unlikely, or the demand for such pricey cards isn't as high as they thought.

You'd be surprised, there are normies and the ill-informed that believe some corps will scrap physical products, though all of us here know different.

Btw, while they claim they've sold their stock of 4090's, I assume they are referring to FE models?.

Maybe they have more supply in the EU than they do the US, though they aren't exactly being ultra specific of which regions are out of stock, but I guess them saying "we've sold our current stock" sounds better than "we've only sold out our current US stock, the EU remains stocked", wouldn't you say?.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That'd be a dick move to us if anything, but I wouldn't put it past Nvidia to wait AMD out to do it. 

I still think this gen of GPU's are joke, though we'll have to wait and see how AMD performs.

I think it's fine as they aren't selling any GPUs or taking pre-orders for the 4080s. If they sold any 4080s and then did a price cut, then I'd agree.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

You'd be surprised, there are normies and the ill-informed that believe some corps will scrap physical products, though all of us here know different.

Btw, while they claim they've sold their stock of 4090's, I assume they are referring to FE models?.

Maybe they have more supply in the EU than they do the US, though they aren't exactly being ultra specific of which regions are out of stock, but I guess them saying "we've sold our current stock" sounds better than "we've only sold out our current US stock, the EU remains stocked", wouldn't you say?.

I don't think Nvidia has said that they're sold out, only that the reception of the 4090 has been great, but I don't follow all their press releases or posts on social media. Nevertheless, it is very likely that they have run out of FE cards.

Somehow, I doubt they've send a bigger supply of 4090 to Europe. It's quite clear from the way they're priced the card that the USA is a more important market than Europe (or else how would you explain why they charge us more for them?), but even if that's the case, PC gaming in Spain isn't as big as in other European countries, with Germany coming on top, so one would think that we shouldn't get a big shipment. That's why I find it surprising that here, in Spain, we still have cards in stock is several stores.

But well, maybe we got a big first shipment and we'll be left behind on the next ones. Time will tell.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/y5c2y8/gigabyte_4090_gaming_oc_in_corsair_4000x_gallery/

You know, I always thought going from my 1080 to 3080 was nuts in terms of size but this is insane lmao! Not my pics, saw it on reddit.

It's so ridiculous that I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Least the performance is incredible

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 16 October 2022