By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Intel Arc Alchemist Flagship Graphics Card Gets Beautiful 3D Renders As Part of GPU NFT Collection

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-alchemist-flagship-graphics-card-gets-beautiful-3d-renders-as-part-of-gpu-nft-collection/

Ah yes, releasing the NFT for an unreleased GPU. God Raja, God Intel... By the time this comes out, GPUs will have gone to MSRP since and then who's gonna buy their product?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Intel Arc Alchemist Flagship Graphics Card Gets Beautiful 3D Renders As Part of GPU NFT Collection

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-alchemist-flagship-graphics-card-gets-beautiful-3d-renders-as-part-of-gpu-nft-collection/

Ah yes, releasing the NFT for an unreleased GPU. God Raja, God Intel... By the time this comes out, GPUs will have gone to MSRP since and then who's gonna buy their product?

Man I do not want to go back to that horrible era, where RTS games were on the decline and then EA forgot C&C was a thing on CP and instead just tossed out some C&C cheap ass mobile games and then went back to forgetting the IP existed until the remaster, and now it seems to have forgotten it all over again...

Inb4 MS are like "huh, IV didn't sell as well as II/II DE, guess it's back to mobile!". Might not happen, but just look at the mobile version going big atm tho. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Overall it just feels like a waste of sand. Like I know this is for those that want the best GPU that money can buy but buying a 3090 2 years ago made sense because you had 2 years of dominance. Buying a 3090 Ti now feels like a waste of money because in about 6 months, you will get rekt by a 4070 for a quarter of the price and probably half the power. Granted you won't get the 24GB of Vram with a 4070 but a 4090 will probably have same if not more with 40-50% performance uplift at least.

Least we get to see the types of PSUs we will need for top end Lovelace though loll. If RDNA 3 can catch up to Nvidia in Ray Tracing with less power, then I might consider buying AMD but if RDNA 3 performs similar to RDNA 2 vs Ampere in Ray Tracing, then hopefully my 1000 watt power supply can handheld the 4080/4090 loll.

Kinda yeah. Not sure who this card is for. Most enthusiasts who really want a top end GPU would already have gotten their hands on 3090 by now. And a $2000+ dollar flagship this late feels like a silly investment, seeing as (like you said) Lovelace is literally months away. Unless people actually need all that VRAM for work.. its just not worth it. Performance per watt this has to be one of the worst scaling in the Ampere line and certainly that for cost/performance. Plus 500+ watts is frankly insane for not much gain.

For next gen its a wait and see for me. We've already seen a lot of sources pointing that Lovelace is going to be a power hungry beast. 4080/90 going up to 600w, and even a midrange 4070 around 350W. RDNA 3 supposedly quite a bit more efficient. I'd rather not deal with extra heat/power than necessary also save me from spending money on a new PSU - if possible. But then a lot will ride on performance (like RT) and other useful features. I'd say you should be okay for 4080 with no OC with a 1000W PSU. At least we should hope so lol.

^The 3090Ti has the same amount of VRAM than a 3090, 24GB. The only difference is the higher bandwidth.

And RDNA 3 may be more efficient, but they're supposed to also be quite power hungry. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of needing a 800W or more PSU to run any of the high end cards, either from Nvidia or AMD.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Overall it just feels like a waste of sand. Like I know this is for those that want the best GPU that money can buy but buying a 3090 2 years ago made sense because you had 2 years of dominance. Buying a 3090 Ti now feels like a waste of money because in about 6 months, you will get rekt by a 4070 for a quarter of the price and probably half the power. Granted you won't get the 24GB of Vram with a 4070 but a 4090 will probably have same if not more with 40-50% performance uplift at least.

Least we get to see the types of PSUs we will need for top end Lovelace though loll. If RDNA 3 can catch up to Nvidia in Ray Tracing with less power, then I might consider buying AMD but if RDNA 3 performs similar to RDNA 2 vs Ampere in Ray Tracing, then hopefully my 1000 watt power supply can handheld the 4080/4090 loll.

Kinda yeah. Not sure who this card is for. Most enthusiasts who really want a top end GPU would already have gotten their hands on 3090 by now. And a $2000+ dollar flagship this late feels like a silly investment, seeing as (like you said) Lovelace is literally months away. Unless people actually need all that VRAM for work.. its just not worth it. Performance per watt this has to be one of the worst scaling in the Ampere line and certainly that for cost/performance. Plus 500+ watts is frankly insane for not much gain.

For next gen its a wait and see for me. We've already seen a lot of sources pointing that Lovelace is going to be a power hungry beast. 4080/90 going up to 600w, and even a midrange 4070 around 350W. RDNA 3 supposedly quite a bit more efficient. I'd rather not deal with extra heat/power than necessary also save me from spending money on a new PSU - if possible. But then a lot will ride on performance (like RT) and other useful features. I'd say you should be okay for 4080 with no OC with a 1000W PSU. At least we should hope so lol.

Yea pretty much. Especially during the summer, it gets really hard to play games on it. Like the cooling and etc can keep up with my 3080/5950x but oh boy, the room temp is like a toaster after 20 minutes. I could turn on AC but that's more like a bandage than anything. RDNA 3 is also going up in wattage so I suspect that even if I get the top end RDNA 3, the heat/wattage will be similar to Ampere but obviously, the performance, least in Raster, will be closer to Lovelace.

I just hope that RDNA 3 can compete against Lovelace in Ray Tracing. And I mean in real Ray Tracing titles and not the fake nonsense that AMD sponsored titles have. Because if I am going spend $1000-$2000 on a new generation of GPU, I want a new gen experience, not last gen Raster nonsense. If they are close in RT performance to Lovelace while being very power efficient, sign me up. But if they are going to pull another RDNA 2 vs Ampere, then it may as well be back to the GCN days... Just more power efficient.

Assuming Lovelace comes out first, my plan is to get a 4080 or 4090 and then wait and see how RDNA 3 performs. If it's comparable, it will be easy to flip it and get RDNA 3.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

the 3090 already felt like a Titan, but the 3090Ti is pretty much taking up that crown as the new, new Titan, in a gap that didn't really need filling in the first place, especially when it's priced so insanely high and that we have the 4000 series around the corner.

Again, the only reason I can see going for the GPU is for rendering, because I don't even think there's a game out there that'd use up that much vram, let alone anyone out there wanting to play games at 4-8k, especially when we have DLSS now.

What's next, a 4095ti?. They can't keep filling non existent gaps and wasting sand like this.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea pretty much. Especially during the summer, it gets really hard to play games on it. Like the cooling and etc can keep up with my 3080/5950x but oh boy, the room temp is like a toaster after 20 minutes. I could turn on AC but that's more like a bandage than anything. RDNA 3 is also going up in wattage so I suspect that even if I get the top end RDNA 3, the heat/wattage will be similar to Ampere but obviously, the performance, least in Raster, will be closer to Lovelace.

I just hope that RDNA 3 can compete against Lovelace in Ray Tracing. And I mean in real Ray Tracing titles and not the fake nonsense that AMD sponsored titles have. Because if I am going spend $1000-$2000 on a new generation of GPU, I want a new gen experience, not last gen Raster nonsense. If they are close in RT performance to Lovelace while being very power efficient, sign me up. But if they are going to pull another RDNA 2 vs Ampere, then it may as well be back to the GCN days... Just more power efficient.

Assuming Lovelace comes out first, my plan is to get a 4080 or 4090 and then wait and see how RDNA 3 performs. If it's comparable, it will be easy to flip it and get RDNA 3.

Despite my current GPU fan issue with it ramping up, I still have to keep my two windows open to let cool air in, and summer is going to be killer when it's only going to be dry hot air. Also doesn't help that my side of the house is facing the sun when it rises, so from morning till semi-late afternoon it's going to get toasty. 

I also hope AMD manage to catch up in RT, but tbh, I'm sick of both Nvidia/AMD cherry picking their own sponsored games for best results, I'm not fond of us having to wait for GPU's in the wild for actual multi-game benchmark tests. 

Are you going to be selling off your 3080 if they come out with the 4080's day one?, or are you going to wait for 3rd party variants? 

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Despite my current GPU fan issue with it ramping up, I still have to keep my two windows open to let cool air in, and summer is going to be killer when it's only going to be dry hot air. Also doesn't help that my side of the house is facing the sun when it rises, so from morning till semi-late afternoon it's going to get toasty. 

I also hope AMD manage to catch up in RT, but tbh, I'm sick of both Nvidia/AMD cherry picking their own sponsored games for best results, I'm not fond of us having to wait for GPU's in the wild for actual multi-game benchmark tests. 

Are you going to be selling off your 3080 if they come out with the 4080's day one?, or are you going to wait for 3rd party variants? 

I'll see what I can get my hands on. Once the 4080/4090 is in my hands and there's no issues with it like how my Strix 3090 fan shat the bed, then yea, I'll probably sell the Strix 3080 within the week.

It's unlikely I'll be getting FEs though as they are extremely hard to get in Canada.

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Yea pretty much. Especially during the summer, it gets really hard to play games on it. Like the cooling and etc can keep up with my 3080/5950x but oh boy, the room temp is like a toaster after 20 minutes. I could turn on AC but that's more like a bandage than anything.

Well, there is always the option to reduce settings in AAA games or play less demanding games in the summer. It's not impossible to play on high end GPUs with 100 - 200 watts.

The Wednesday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Dead by Daylight has fifty million players and now a boardgame adaptation
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/dead-by-daylight-has-fifty-million-players-and-now-a-boardgame-adaptation/
Dead by Daylight is one of those perennially popular games that rarely seems to make the news: probably because developer Behaviour Interactive got it more-or-less right and players love the game as it is. Nevertheless it remains constantly active with new DLC and promotions and now, roughly eight years after its initial release, has hit the considerable milestone of 50 million players.

GOG has two news:

Steam has two new daily deals:

Fanatical has a new bundle: the Fanatical Favorites BYOB, with 24 games to choose for your 2, 3, 5 or 10 games bundle: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/fanatical-favorites-build-your-own-bundle.

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

NieR Automata’s 2B comes to Final Fantasy 7 Remake thanks to this mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/nier-automatas-2b-comes-to-final-fantasy-7-remake-thanks-to-this-mod/
NieR Automata and Final Fantasy 7 fans, here is something for you today. Modder ‘Cocasze’ released a mod that replaces Tifa with 2B from Square Enix’s action RPG.
Going into more details, this mod features two versions. The first version has 2B’s eyepatch whereas the second version does not. Moreover, this mod requires another mod that replaces all of Tifa’s in-game costumes with the Purple Dress.
As with the Tomb Raider Lara Croft Mod, this is just a character swap mod and nothing more. This does not change the voice of Tifa, or her moveset. Still, it’s a cool mod that a lot of NieR Automata fans will appreciate. Additionally, there are full facial expressions, so that’s good news.

GAMING NEWS

Sniper Elite 5 gets a brand new in-engine trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/sniper-elite-5-gets-a-brand-new-in-engine-trailer/
Rebellion has released a new in-engine trailer for Sniper Elite 5 showcasing the authentic World War 2 weaponry available in it. As the press release reads, the game will have a comprehensive suite of weaponry with the most customization and attachments ever seen in the franchise’s history.

Nine Sols is a lovely 2D action platformer with Sekiro-inspired combat
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nine-sols-is-a-lovely-2d-action-platformer-with-sekiro-inspired-combat/
Red Candle Games has released a teaser trailer for its upcoming game, Nine Sols. Nine Sols is a hand-drawn 2D action-platformer, featuring Sekiro-inspired deflection-focused combat.

New Forspoken gameplay video shows off combat and exploration
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/new-forspoken-gameplay-video-shows-off-combat-and-exploration/
GameInformer has released a brand new gameplay video for Square Enix’s Forspoken. This new video showcases some of the combat mechanics of the game, as well as some of its environments.

Diablo 4 gets brand new screenshots and gameplay videos
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/diablo-4-gets-brand-new-screenshots-and-gameplay-videos/
Blizzard has released a new set of screenshots and numerous gameplay videos for Diablo 4. These screenshots and videos showcase a WIP build, therefore they do not represent the quality of the final game. Still, they can give you an idea of what the team aims to create.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.