By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Yeah, it's a hate crime.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Stop Saying This (There are no bad products, only bad prices)

Everything I read a comment with that nonsense, I cringe. We have seen many products that starts fires for example and they are telling me that those aren't bad products? I wouldn't even have those if they paid me. GN video has a ton more examples.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yea bizzaro world. Buying multiple gpus to make a few dollars a day.

Just buy the stock you shit coin miners. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NVDA/

Stock is down 27% in last month. Nvidia has lost $200 billion in market cap. Funny thing is now that everything is on sale in stock market. No one has money to buy them except hedge funds. Maybe eventually gpus become the same. They drop in price and demand is lower too. Maybe just maybe.

More good news with Crypto finally crashing.. large improvements in substrate capacities by mid 2022. We can finally see a lot more GPU's shipments this year. WCCFTech.

"On the supply side, improving ABF substrate shortages will allow smooth shipments of new graphics cards starting after February, the sources noted. ABF substrate shortages are expected to be greatly reduced after mid-2022, which will further boost the overall graphics card shipments this year, the sources said."

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20220124PD205.html

hinch said:

More good news with Crypto finally crashing.. large improvements in substrate capacities by mid 2022. We can finally see a lot more GPU's shipments this year. WCCFTech.

"On the supply side, improving ABF substrate shortages will allow smooth shipments of new graphics cards starting after February, the sources noted. ABF substrate shortages are expected to be greatly reduced after mid-2022, which will further boost the overall graphics card shipments this year, the sources said."

Just in time for Lovelace/RDNA 3. Hopefully Nvidia does implements LHR from the beginning and a more aggressive LHR as well. It really shows it's benefits with lower tier GPUs where the hashrate is generally low and cutting it even lower typically results in them being unprofitable. The problem is, by the time LHR actually got implemented with Ampere, it was already too late.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
hinch said:

Hopefully that also translates to the DDR5 supply.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

@Captain_Yuri If all goes well, exciting times ahead. Yeah, the launch of LHR cards has slowed miners somewhat, so here hoping a brand new architecture will introduce even better blocking algorithms in Lovelace. We know Intel doesn't have anything in place with their ARC discreet cards, nor AMD; at this moment in time but who knows in future cards. Though even without LHR, the future for Bitcoin is uncertain and that's enough, for now.

I'm just holding out on that sweet RTX 4080 by holiday 2022. With much luck can finally upgrade from my old Pascal card lol.

Yea personally I'll be targeting the 4080/4090 as well. I think unlike last time where I attempted to wait until I got the GPU that I liked (Strix 3080 instead of MSI 3080), I think I'll pull the trigger on whichever one comes first. Hopefully newegg hasn't fixed their wishlist trick but I get the feeling they gonna combo it up. We will see though.

I can't believe I somehow managed to skip two gens of GPU's with Nividia. Probably gonna just grab whatever I can get in the 80 range when the 4000 series comes out. Should hopefully be better refined in power consumption and RTX perf (also hoping temps aren't as silly as what I've seen some 3080o's going at, that's also without RT on in games).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I can't believe I somehow managed to skip two gens of GPU's with Nividia. Probably gonna just grab whatever I can get in the 80 range when the 4000 series comes out. Should hopefully be better refined in power consumption and RTX perf (also hoping temps aren't as silly as what I've seen some 3080o's going at, that's also without RT on in games).

If you are seeking power efficiency, especially with a 80 series, I don't think Nvidia will be the one to go for. The 4090 is supposed to be 500 watts and that's just for the founders. The 4080 will probably be more like 400 watts but then you get the AIB versions and they will probably be pushing 450-500 watts. But what next gen should bring is very good performance at all levels. Even a 4060 should be more powerful than a Series X so you could even get a 4070 and it will be quite a lot.

So if you are looking for the best power efficiency and Raster performance, you should probably wait for RDNA 3. But if you are looking for Ray Tracing and features, then you should go Nvidia.

Personally, I don't think we really need much more advancements in Raster and instead, we really need to try and bruteforce Ray Tracing. So assuming a 4080/4090 is able to run Cyberpunk at 4k Native at 60fps+ at max settings. Then I'll be happy.