By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Lazy rework needs big numbers for that 4k fidelity, more shocking news at 11

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
hinch said:

GTA Trilogy remaster PC requirements leak - rumor. Taken from a post and user on GTA forums - "alloc8or" here. Higher than GTA V supposedly https://wccftech.com/gta-the-trilogy-definitive-edition-pc-requirements/

Minimum requirements:

Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
8 GB RAM
45 GB Storage Space
Windows 10

Recommended:

Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
16 GB RAM
45 GB Storage Space
Windows 10

Some more details on the release -

"Three iconic cities, three epic stories. Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all-new levels of detail."

"By purchasing Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy — The Definitive Edition from store.rockstargames.com or the Rockstar Games Launcher by January 5th, 2022, you’ll receive a $10 discount on your next purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher or Rockstar Web Stores on qualifying products of $15 or more (exchange rates apply). Discount expires January 16th, 2022. For complete details/terms, https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/4407663218067."

Doesn't sound like a massive overhaul tbh, though the QoL changes like updated controls, textures and lighting isn't bad. Will probably end up getting it down the line in a deep Steam sale.

It's only on the R* client though. I dunno if they are going to bother with Steam after RDR2, because that had 6 month exclusivity, but it still demanded you use their client in order to even play it. 

I'm pretty sure this is them trying to detach themselves from Steam (because why wouldn't they release on Steam since they demand you use their client anyway?).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

^That exclusivity was with the Epic Store, not their own launcher. We'll see if Epic pays them again to bring the games to their store (with or without exclusivity)..

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I think my next laptop will end up being an AMD CPU one or at least which ever CPU is more power efficient. We have had a few situations where my sisters Alienware with the 5800H and 3070 outlasted my Dell XPS 17 with the 10875H and 2060 MaxQ. It's even more insane when you think about the fact that the Alienware has a 86 Wh battery where as the Dell XPS has a 97 Wh battery.

I probably won't be getting a new laptop until Zen 4 mobile/Lovelace or RDNA 3 as I don't like some of the other meh features that comes with AMD laptops this gen but with things like USB 4 in the future, I think the feature set will be closer between AMD and Intel laptops going forward.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

^That exclusivity was with the Epic Store, not their own launcher. We'll see if Epic pays them again to bring the games to their store (with or without exclusivity)..

I know, I was just mentioning that RDR2 was exclusive for a bit, but still required R*'s client, and then it came to Steam, but again, still required the R* client. 

It'd be pretty bad for R* if they decide to make a deal with Epic shortly after the trilogy launch, but we'll see what happens.

I wonder if Activision will come back, seeing as how EA came back to Steam and can now siphon from both Origin and Steam for their new BF launch, while CoD only has Battlenet (and the recent Blizz fiascos that drove ppl away).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I think my next laptop will end up being an AMD CPU one or at least which ever CPU is more power efficient. We have had a few situations where my sisters Alienware with the 5800H and 3070 outlasted my Dell XPS 17 with the 10875H and 2060 MaxQ. It's even more insane when you think about the fact that the Alienware has a 86 Wh battery where as the Dell XPS has a 97 Wh battery.

I probably won't be getting a new laptop until Zen 4 mobile/Lovelace or RDNA 3 as I don't like some of the other meh features that comes with AMD laptops this gen but with things like USB 4 in the future, I think the feature set will be closer between AMD and Intel laptops going forward.

You say that now, but once the time to upgrade comes, things like PCIe 5.0 or the performance in games will probably weight more than battery life, as long as it's not a disaster.

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

I know, I was just mentioning that RDR2 was exclusive for a bit, but still required R*'s client, and then it came to Steam, but again, still required the R* client. 

It'd be pretty bad for R* if they decide to make a deal with Epic shortly after the trilogy launch, but we'll see what happens.

I wonder if Activision will come back, seeing as how EA came back to Steam and can now siphon from both Origin and Steam for their new BF launch, while CoD only has Battlenet (and the recent Blizz fiascos that drove ppl away).

It's the same situation than the one with Ubisoft: they always force you to use their own client no matter which platform you got the game for. And the reason is simple, it's troyan horse to make users get used to their own stores and lure them to buy from there and not from other places.

For Ubi this seems to be working because they left Steam for the Epic Store and UPlay and haven't come back (yet).

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Congrats on your new PC.

Imo, unless you are hoarding GPUs for mining, no one should really care. The problem isn't mining itself, the problem are people that are hoarding 100s of GPUs all to themselves. So if you are using one or two GPUs, then more power to you. And a 3060 Ti is an excellent choice! For both gaming and mining lol.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

zero129 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Congrats on your new PC.

Imo, unless you are hoarding GPUs for mining, no one should really care. The problem isn't mining itself, the problem are people that are hoarding 100s of GPUs all to themselves. So if you are using one or two GPUs, then more power to you. And a 3060 Ti is an excellent choice! For both gaming and mining lol.

It really is the best bang for buck i never thought it would pretty much pay for itself and well it pretty much has. And also i never had an ssd before in my old pc so my first shock was how quick my pc can turn off and on now, like before on my old one it used to take ages. Turning this one on and off is literally like turning a console on and off its so quick.

Yea a 3060 Ti is nutty value. It's certainly one of my top recommended GPU in the mid range. It's only 2-4% slower than a 6700XT on average and it roflstomps it and the consoles in Ray Tracing performance and you have the added bonus of DLSS. It's a great GPU that should last you a long time.

And yea, moving from hard drive to SSD can be mind blowing. Especially these days where the gap is even bigger! You really start to notice it the more you play games. You try loading something like GTA V off of a hard drive vs SSD, it's like night and day.

zero129 said:
JEMC said:

Chazore said:

It's the same situation than the one with Ubisoft: they always force you to use their own client no matter which platform you got the game for. And the reason is simple, it's troyan horse to make users get used to their own stores and lure them to buy from there and not from other places.

For Ubi this seems to be working because they left Steam for the Epic Store and UPlay and haven't come back (yet).

Only reason its working is cos any ubi game i got from there has been on sale and then i was able to use the 10 off too bringing a game that would be 15 on sale down to 5. #sorry guys but its all me xD.

I have my doubts those extra 10 $/€ come from the developer's site and not from Epic to try to raise the more volume of their sales.

And, in any case, it remains to be seen if Ubisoft sells more games through the Epic Store or through UPlay.

cunt

Both Minecraft versions will be on PC GamePass soon;

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/16/coming-november-2-to-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-minecraft-java-and-bedrock-editions/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo__Photo_lrn_10.16.3

Does the Bedrock version include Minecraft RTX for free or is it a paid DLC?