By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Well Timmy said it's coming back to the App store so it certainly sounds like that for now, Epic is gonna get their cake. I think it could look bad on Apple if they were to block Fortnite from coming in and may even look "monopolistic" in doing so. So I get the feeling Apple isn't gonna block Epic even though they would have the right to do so.

Chazore said:

Did the person desinging that recently watch Iron-Man or something?. Yeah, thing looks pretty jank tbh, and looks about as basic stock as you can get. 

I think it's even worse than that. I think it's a stock cooler trying to look edgy which is even worse. Reminds me of:

I still can't help but roll my eyes and laugh when he says "fair competition" and "passing the savings onto the consumer", because most corpos say that shit and it's never truly passed onto us, if anything extra charges are in benefit for the corps.

If he was about fair competition, he wouldn't even be vying for exclusivity in the first place, let alone defending it, and his innate desire to effectively kill all the middle-men in the industry (that guy seriously hates middle-men in general, more than I hate him). 

Also yeah, now that you think about it, that cooler does look like it's trying to be hip with the line of coolers out on the market currently. They should have honestly gone for better performance over the stupid style they chose. I mean we all know that's going to end up as their new stock cooler, but c'mon, at least try a bit harder with it's design lol. 

Third parties seem to put way more effort than AMD/Intel and even Nvidia when it comes to stock cooling designs. It's not like the R&D costs more, because all the third parties out there, much smaller than the big 3 are doing it yearly and they're all doing fine. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well Timmy said it's coming back to the App store so it certainly sounds like that for now, Epic is gonna get their cake. I think it could look bad on Apple if they were to block Fortnite from coming in and may even look "monopolistic" in doing so. So I get the feeling Apple isn't gonna block Epic even though they would have the right to do so.

I think it's even worse than that. I think it's a stock cooler trying to look edgy which is even worse. Reminds me of:

I still can't help but roll my eyes and laugh when he says "fair competition" and "passing the savings onto the consumer", because most corpos say that shit and it's never truly passed onto us, if anything extra charges are in benefit for the corps.

If he was about fair competition, he wouldn't even be vying for exclusivity in the first place, let alone defending it, and his innate desire to effectively kill all the middle-men in the industry (that guy seriously hates middle-men in general, more than I hate him). 

Also yeah, now that you think about it, that cooler does look like it's trying to be hip with the line of coolers out on the market currently. They should have honestly gone for better performance over the stupid style they chose. I mean we all know that's going to end up as their new stock cooler, but c'mon, at least try a bit harder with it's design lol. 

Third parties seem to put way more effort than AMD/Intel and even Nvidia when it comes to stock cooling designs. It's not like the R&D costs more, because all the third parties out there, much smaller than the big 3 are doing it yearly and they're all doing fine. 

Yea exactly. This is one of those, who do you hate more cause both Epic and Apple are trash companies. The only reason I like this is because this could lead to something more interesting someday with consoles. But I get the feeling there's gonna be a lot of lawsuits and changes to come so gonna be some fun times ahead.

And yea, first party hardware companies really should design professional looking components if they are gonna be hardware manufacturers. Intel's stock cooler has been terrible for years. AMD's stock cooler on the CPUs was a good change but still pretty meh for anything above a 6 core. I do think Nvidia's Founders Edition coolers actually look quite professional but then you have the shitty 12 pin adapter than ruins the entire presentation. All 3 of these companies have R&D budgets that's worth more than a lot of AIBs put together yet they still keep gimping the performance and force people to buy an aftermarket solutions.

Oh well, least some of the AIB designs are much better.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

I normally don't do EGS posts but this is a pretty good game...

Nioh: The Complete Edition Free on EGS

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/nioh-the-complete-edition

"Fair competition"

"Passing the savings onto the consumer"

Last edited by Chazore - on 11 September 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Gather around Children while I tell you a story about how dumb Apple is

My mom bought an iphone X a long time ago and it's been running long in the tooth. And since my phone recently died, I was thinking to backup all her data on her iphone X. The way that my Mom's iphone X is setup is that I'd have it back up photos and videos to the computer since I like doing local backups. But for some reason, it keeps disconnecting after a few minutes when doing the backup regardless of which lightning cable I use. So alright fair enough as the phone is old now... Lets do an icloud backup...

So I went ahead and tried to enable it but I get a warning message. It says "Syncing photos via iTunes is not supported when iCloud photo library is turned on, 1135 photos and videos will be removed." I am like... wtf... So I search this up and it's because somehow, apple managed to make iCloud photo/video sync incompatible with their own itunes backup. So you have to choose one or the other and if you want to switch at some point... Well I hope you backed it up... Meanwhile on android... You can do whatever you want!

Now I can probably just use a different cloud provider to back it up or transfer the files over Bluetooth if I really need to (Since I don't have a macbook for air drop) but this is so dumb. Apple has full top to bottom control. Why is this even a thing?

https://www.macworld.com/article/228332/how-to-cope-with-a-terrifying-ios-photos-deletion-warning.html

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Damn, that's sounds like a pia. That's one of the main reasons why I dislike Apple computers and products. Their software and support is finicky and fairly specific to their respective platforms and you find yourself often stumbling on things that you'd normally be able to do elsewhere without a problem and spend more time finding workarounds around them.

Crazy how far VA's have gone. I remember my first Samsung TV with VA, I returned almost immediately due to black smearing. At the same time, traditional LCD's haven't really progressed outside of supporting higher resolutions and support higher refresh rates. We really need a shakeup like micro LEDs, mini LEDs and OLED's in mainstream monitors as an actual upgrade from this aging technology.

The two serices were probably developed by different groups that didn't communicate or took into account what the other did. A shame, but it's more common than it should.

And for Apple, it's easier (and much cheaper) to just blame the customers than fixing it. Like the recent warning about not using the phones on certain bikes because the camera may get damaged by the vibrations... something that doesn't seem to affect any smartphone manufacturer.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yea PC gaming monitors are finally starting to catch up with OLEDs. One of my biggest gripes over the years has been IPS gaming monitors costing nearly twice the amount as OLED TVs while giving you a much worse experience in terms of image quality and HDR. Sure, OLEDs have burn in problems but the cost of IPS monitors were so much that you could buy one OLED TV, use it for 5 years, buy a second OLED tv and still spend less than the price of an IPS 4k gaming monitor.

Now that IPS monitors have come down in price and costing less than OLEDs and we are starting to see MiniLEDs with Quantum Dot layer such as with the Neo G9, it's finally becoming viable to buy 4k PC gaming monitors instead of OLED tvs. MiniLEDs with VA might still not be as good as OLEDs in some respects but it's much easier to recommend them due to the size of the TVs and some weird OLED panel issues that LG has been having. Also the fact that many PC monitors have caught up in other features as well such as having HDMI 2.1.

Hopefully by this time next year, MiniLEDs will come down in price and be offered in reasonably sized monitors. I'd take a 32 inch 4k 144hz miniLED with a panel similar to what Samsung has with their Neo G9 over an OLED... Assuming the scanlines issues and HDR Dynamic mode issues get fixed.

You're very optimistic if you think mini LED monitors will drop in price soon.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.