By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I do get rather annoyed when this happens though, because sometimes it really is a game I want, but I don't ever want to drop my principles, especially one that would send them the wrong message. We know from previous history that if SE doesn't meet it's set expectations, they have a hissy fit and walk back from doing said deals again (anyone remember those MS TR deals and SE getting sulky when they didn't hit quotas?).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Yea that's true but I don't think I am sending the wrong message. They make it EGS exclusive, I don't buy but when it comes to Steam, I buy. The message should then be, Steam good, EGS bad. SE knows exactly what they are doing. They want the money from EGS and they want the money from Steam. Now if it's EGS exclusive forever and they think the reason that it didn't sell is cause of PC users don't buy even though they had a ton of games on PC already did sold quite well being on Steam... Well at that point, they should rethink their logic.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:

We know from previous history that if SE doesn't meet it's set expectations, they have a hissy fit and walk back from doing said deals again (anyone remember those MS TR deals and SE getting sulky when they didn't hit quotas?).

What are you talking about?

SE had a "hissy fit" about Tomb Raider 2013, which wasn't time exclusive and later broke franchise records:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/tomb-raider-reboot-breaks-franchise-records/

They also didn't walk back from the time exclusivity deal (1 year for Rise of the Tomb Raider) but fulfilled their contract obligation and then released a multiplatform extended edition after the exclusivity window.

Interesting comparison:

Does anyone of you know, if 95 watts is the power consumption of only the GPU or the total system?

Last edited by Conina - on 05 September 2021

Conina said:

Interesting comparison:

Does anyone of you know, if 95 watts is the power consumption of only the GPU or the total system?

Generally it's only for the GPU. The brick you get with a 3070/3080 laptop is typically 240 Watt or above.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yea that DF video goes to show why I keep recommending Nvidia. Consoles this gen effectively have two sides to them. On Raster, they perform similar to a 2070 Super or 2080 but with Ray Tracing, they perform closer to a 2060 Super, sometimes even slower. AMD GPUs on PC doesn't scale like that and because of that, they get similar performance penalties as consoles do. So unlike with Nvidia GPUs where when you turn on Ray Tracing and it punches above it's weight class compared to consoles, AMD GPUs on PC simply can't. Least not this generation anyway...

So as Ray Tracing becomes more and more common in games, Nvidia GPUs will continue to age well.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea that DF video goes to show why I keep recommending Nvidia. Consoles this gen effectively have two sides to them. On Raster, they perform similar to a 2070 Super or 2080 but with Ray Tracing, they perform closer to a 2060 Super, sometimes even slower. AMD GPUs on PC doesn't scale like that and because of that, they get similar performance penalties as consoles do.

Yeah, I need the extra performance in raytracing games, not in rasterizing games.

RX6800(XT) systems are faster than my RTX3070 in most rasterizing games... but that doesn't matter much, my 3070 can still handle any rasterizing game (so far).

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea that DF video goes to show why I keep recommending Nvidia. Consoles this gen effectively have two sides to them. On Raster, they perform similar to a 2070 Super or 2080 but with Ray Tracing, they perform closer to a 2060 Super, sometimes even slower. AMD GPUs on PC doesn't scale like that and because of that, they get similar performance penalties as consoles do.

Yeah, I need the extra performance in raytracing games, not in rasterizing games.

RX6800(XT) systems are faster than my RTX3070 in most rasterizing games... but that doesn't matter much, my 3070 can still handle any rasterizing game (so far).

Yea exactly and it's not like a 3070 is bad at Raster. It's faster at Raster than a 6700XT which is in it's price class while giving you Ray Tracing performance that can sometimes rival the much more expensive 6900XT.

Riot Games’ Valorant reportedly won’t run on PCs that bypass Windows 11 system requirements

https://www.xda-developers.com/riot-games-valorant-reportedly-wont-run-on-pcs-that-bypass-windows-11-system-requirements/

I don't know if I like this move... On one hand, it could help against cheaters... But on the other hand, this is gonna have some major DRM implications moving forward.

heh fuck em

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.