By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yeah that's no surprise. Since people are fed up of sitting on inflated prices and less demand for GPU's from miners.. AiB's have no other choice but to gradually lower them.

From what I've seen these last several months I'm blacklisting certain retailers and AiB partner models when possible. And between Nvidia selling directly to miners and board partners going to town on prices.. The whole thing was a complete (greedy) shit show and really puts me off buying any GPU this gen. I think at this point I'd rather give my money to someone like Intel for DG2 lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 31 May 2021

Multiple GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Models Listed for More Than $2,000 - Tomshardware

From a UK retailer Lamdatek, 3080Ti's listed from £1826 to £2480

https://www.lambda-tek.com/shop/?region=GB&searchString=3080ti

Top model nearly over £1100 more than a FE 3090

I remember when the 3090 was considered too expensive. These days, the 2020 3090 prices feels like a steal.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah ngl I kinda bawked at 3090 prices but now its getting totally ridiculous. Hoping people don't fall for it as it enables AiB's to keep pricing them sky high.

But man Yuri you kinda lucked out, twice lol. That 3080 was a good get.

Loll thanks! Lessons for next time:

Pre-order every where day 1
Get on the Evga Queue list day 1
Don't worry about the model unless it's a Zotac

Here comes the AMD news and there's a good number of them!

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G and Ryzen 5 5600G to launch for DIY market on August 5th

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-7-5700g-and-ryzen-5-5600g-to-launch-for-diy-market-on-august-5th

AMD Radeon RX 6000M RDNA 2 Mobility Lineup Official – RX 6800M Flagship Laptop Chip, Navi 22 & Navi 23 SKUs Detailed

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000m-rdna-2-mobility-lineup-official-rx-6800m-flagship-laptop-chip-navi-22-navi-23-skus-detailed/

Considering those are AMD sponsored titles and barely ahead and not even against the 16GB 3080 GPUs... I think it's better to get Nvidia GPUs for laptops. Especially when you consider how crazy performance uplift Asscreed typically has on AMD GPUs.

AMD DLSS Competitor, FSR ‘FidelityFX Super Resolution’ Demoed on Radeon RX 6800 XT – Four Presets & Massive Gaming Performance Uplift (First game launching on June 22nd).

https://wccftech.com/amd-dlss-competitor-fsr-fidelityfx-super-resolution-demoed-on-radeon-rx-6800-xt-four-presets-massive-gaming-performance-uplift/

It will work on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs as well as consoles. No idea about how good image quality is yet but considering they didn't show any image quality comparisons in the press event... I'd be cautious... They also showed a demo for FSR on Nvidia's 1060 which is a interesting choice lol.

They also announced that AMD is bringing Ray Tracing and Radeon graphics to Samsung's next flagship phone and the new Teslas are powered by AMD.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 31 May 2021

AMD Confirms Zen 4 Ryzen & EPYC CPUs For 2022, Showcases Next-Gen 3D V-Cache Stack Chiplet Design With 64 MB L3 Prototype Cache on Ryzen 5900X

https://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-zen-4-ryzen-epyc-cpus-for-2022-demos-next-gen-3d-chiplet-stacking-design-with-64-mb-l3-prototype-cache-ryzen-5950x/

Now you may think that 12% isn't impressive however they are showcasing that just by adding their new 3D V Cache to an existing 5900X CPU, it gets a 12% uplift. With the IPC increase and other improvements coming next year... Good Luck Intel!

Here is Anandtech's take on FSR:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16723/amd-formally-unveils-fidelityfx-super-resolution-open-source-game-upscaling

"At this point AMD is not disclosing which games will support the technology, but the messaging right now is that developers will need to take some kind of an active role in implementing the tech. Which is to say that it’s not sounding like it can simply be applied in a fully post-processing fashion on existing games ala AMD’s contrast adaptive sharpening tech."

"And, to drop into op-ed mode, this is where AMD has me a bit worried. In our pre-briefing with AMD, the company did confirm that FSR is going to be a purely spatial upscaling technology; it will operate on a frame-by-frame basis, without taking into account motion data (motion vectors) from the game itself.

For GPU junkies, many of you will recognize this as a similar strategy to how NVIDIA designed DLSS 1.0, which was all about spatial upscaling by using pre-trained, game-specific neural network models. DLSS 1.0 was ultimately a failure – it couldn’t consistently produce acceptable results and temporal artifacting was all too common. It wasn’t until NVIDIA introduced DLSS 2.0, a significantly expanded version of the technology that integrated motion vector data (essentially creating Temporal AA on steroids), that they finally got DLSS as we know it in working order.

Given NVIDIA’s experience with spatial-only upscaling, I’m concerned that AMD is going to repeat NVIDIA’s early mistakes. Spatial is a lot easier to do on the backend – and requires a lot less work from developers – but the lack of motion vector data presents some challenges. In particular, motion vectors are the traditional solution to countering temporal artifacting in TAA/DLSS, which is what ensures that there are no frame-by-frame oddities or other rendering errors from moving objects. Which is not to say that spatial-only upscaling can’t work, only that, if it’s competitive in image quality with DLSS, that would be a big first for AMD."

"Taking a jab at NVIDIA by comparing the GTX 1060 running at 1440p native versus FSR in quality mode, the demonstration slide shows that performance is significantly improved, bringing the GTX 1060 from 27 fps to 38 fps. Unfortunately the image quality hit is quite noticeable here. The building and bridge are blurrier here than the native resolution example, and the tree in the background – which is composed of many fine details – easily gives up the fact that it’s running at a lower resolution."