By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

So... how's your internet, zarz? One whole day without posting and then 6 posts full of them is quite revealing.

As a side note, Project Cars sure has changed a lot, and for the better.

And that Triss picture... ^.^

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
So... how's your internet, zarz? One whole day without posting and then 6 posts full of them is quite revealing.

As a side note, Project Cars sure has changed a lot, and for the better.

And that Triss picture... ^.^

back to it's shitty normal state now. Damn lightning, always ucking with my shit.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Football Manager 2015 Officially Announced, Coming This November

SEGA and Sports Interactive officially announced today Football Manager 2015, the latest in the award-winning and record-breaking series, which will be released globally for PC, Macintosh and Linux computers in November 2014. Continue reading

Assassin’s Creed: Unity – New Details Unveiled – Up To 30,000 people in a crowd, New Cover System

GameInformer featured Ubisoft’s upcoming current-gen Assassin’s Creed title and revealed some interesting new information about it. According to the magazine, the game has been in development since 2010 (that’s four years, though we have to wonder in which platform was it developed as they certainly did not have access to both Xbox One and PS4).  Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

War is cheap in Battlefield 4: it's free for a week and on sale

Comments1

Battlefield 4 has really struggled to shake off its terrible launch. Even after countless patches and updates, it’s still got that reputation. If you’ve been put off snatching it over fears that it remains broken, then now might be the time to find out if it’s improved. EA is offering up the game for free, for a week. That’s from now until August 14th. 

You can download it from Origin and play the core game and it’s multiplayer without dropping a penny

Read and Comment

BioWare executive producer Casey Hudson flies the coop

Comments1

Casey Hudson, whose 16 years at BioWare saw him going from technical artist on MDK 2 to project director on Knights of the Old Republic and the Mass Effect series. Today he announces his departure from the RPG developer after deciding to “hit the reset button.” 

He’s not an android, but he is taking a break, leaving BioWare to get some perspective, figuring out what he wants to do.

Read and Comment

The game is afoot: Sherlock Holmes - Crimes & Punishments arriving on September 30th

Comment

It’s almost time to dust off the deer stalker and long-suffering moustachioed companion, because Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments is nearly upon us. Originally slated for late September, developer Frogwares and publisher Focus Interactive have narrowed that down to a launch date: September 30th.

The announcement is accompanied by a release date trailer, giving the long-running adventure series a distinctly cinematic edge that it hasn’t had before. 

Read and Comment

Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Shambling F2P To Steam

By Alice O'Connor on August 7th, 2014 at 3:00 pm.

One mode in the free-to-play Counter-Strike Online 2 sees players turn into a deadly cartoon pig. Another gives terrorists cloaking devices, and of course the game does zombies too. The original CS Online has an event starring giant bug men. In Japanese arcades, Counter-Strike Neo had sexy cyberbabes. The straight-faced man-shooter lives a fabulous double-life thanks to Valve licensing it to Asian developers, who rebuild in weird ways we don’t usually see. But!

Later these year we’ll all get to coo and prod at one of these oddities when Nexon bring Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies to western players through Steam, free-to-play.

Read the rest of this entry »

@TheVoxelman on twitter

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/497516483229257728/photo/1

Well that confirms some things

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network

"The transformation was painful. We paid the price"

Crytek boss Cevat Yerli on unpaid wages, Ryse 2 and the future.

It's been tough at Crytek this year.

In fact, we've heard developers at the company's vast network of studios, who are responsible for the likes of first-person shooter Crysis, gory action game Ryse and, as of a month ago, Homefront: The Revolution, first noticed something was up as early as 2012.

In truth Crytek has had its ups and downs throughout its 15 year history. But this year was perhaps its most dramatic down, with reports of staff going unpaid for months on end, the cancellation of Ryse 2 and vociferous criticism of its focus on free-to-play.

Reports indicated Crytek was close to bankruptcy as it worked to secure investment that would guarantee its future. Then, last month, management announced Crytek had received backing from a mysterious benefactor and all was well again. Following that, the sale of Homefront and Crytek UK to publisher Deep Silver - a move we understand had been in the works for some time and staff at the studio were hoping for after a stressful 12 months.

Digging deeper, we discover Crytek has also downsized its Austin, Texas studio, shifting development of Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age to its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, leaving what was once the continuation of the Darksiders development team to support companies using Crytek's CryEngine technology. Whatever the press releases say, it's clear Crytek has cut costs and has reduced its staff count, which at one point was a staggering 950 spread across nine studios.

Throughout all this the people at the top of Crytek refused to speak to press - until now. Here, in an exclusive and extensive interview with Eurogamer, Crytek founder and CEO Cevat Yerli finally discusses the troubles at his company, defends his policies and personal management style, and explains why he's sticking with free-to-play. Read on for Crytek's plans - or lack of - for Timesplitters, Crysis and Ryse, as it switches from being a game developer to a game service.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-08-the-transformation-was-painful-we-paid-the-price

Cevat Yerli as usual sounds like a douche.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

2000 posts I guess lol

Retro Heaven – Castle in the Darkness Coming To PC Later This Summer

Nicalis announced that its retro platformer, Castle in the Darkness, will be coming to the PC later this Summer. Castle in the Darkness is inspired by games like Castlevania, Megaman, Kirby, Metroid, Zelda, I Wanna Be The Guy, Ys and a lot more, and recalls a golden, bygone era—both through its nostalgic aesthetic, and its damning difficulty. Continue reading

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris – Retailer Exclusive Packs & Gold Edition Revealed

Crystal Dynamics today unveiled new ways to customize your Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris experience with multiple costume packs, powerful items, and unique weapons. Now we wouldn’t be posting such news but since we never covered this Lara Croft game, we thought it was a good idea to let you know about it. Continue reading

Lucius II: The Prophecy Announced & Scheduled For Early 2015 Release

Shiver Games announced today Lucius II: The Prophecy, a sequel to the gory adventure game Lucius, scheduled for release in early 2015 on Steam. In addition, the company has just revealed the game’s announcement trailer that can be viewed below. Continue reading

Twitch CEO on video muting: "We wouldn't do this if I thought there was a better way"

Comments5

Twitchy-twitchy-twitch, goes the skin under Emmett Shear’s eyes. The Twitch CEO has spent much of the last day personally soothing streamers and viewers on Reddit, who want to know the site’s new audio recognition tech is going to get better, or get gone.

“We wouldn't do this if I thought there was a better way,” said Shear. “Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there isn’t.”

Read and Comment

Everybody panic: Steam is different

Comments4

Help. The Steam beta client is an altered beast today, in a hundred small ways. It’s disorientating, as if somebody has changed the colour of all our toothbrushes, or relocated the cereal cupboard an inch to the left. Let’s try and get our bearings, shall we?

Read and Comment

Battlefield 4's September patch to emulate Battlefield 3's soldier movement

Comment

Battlefield 4 may have eventually become one of the top games of 2013, but it's determined to be more like one from 2011. 

“Changes have been made to soldier movement so that it closely matches the one in Battlefield 3,” writes DICE community manager Vincent Vukovic.

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Can't wait to replay 2033

Also Killing Floor 2 sounds like they are doing some really neat stuff.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/5tdhho/killing-floor-2-eyes-on

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I'm sorry about your internet problems... but let's just celebrate the 2000th post!

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

On a side note, I have a feeling that the departure of Casey Hudson from Bioware will have a bigger impact in the next coming years than it looks like.

It look like he's been involved in pretty much every game they've made in the last years. How can you replace a man like him?