By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 2014 release calender

I made a similar thread recently but in this one I want you to list all the exclusives you think are coming next year and also specify when you think they will release.

Mario & Sonic Olympics-January, a few weeks before the Olympics get underway.

Mario Kart 8-April, conicide with a price cut to $250 and a good way to start off the fiscal year strong.

Super Smash Bros-August, alot of people think this will be the big holiday title but I think it will be a summer release.

Wii Sports U/Zelda U-Nov/Dec, these two titles will be the major holiday releases and are a good combo like Wii had at launch.

Thats 5 titles that have potential to sell over 5 million units and are spaced out every few months.

I think the smaller exclusives that have potential to sell 1-3 million units like Bayonetta 2(Feb), X (June), Yarn Yoshi (July), SMTxFE (Sept), 3rd Sonic exclusive (Oct) will be spaced out evenly in between those bigger selling games. Maybe 1-2 other unknown titles like Kirby or a 3rd party collaboration could appear next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

if a game sells 3mil it is not a "smaller exclusive", but anyway if Nintendo will cut the price, they have to do this for this holiday imo.

X/Yoshi/SMTxFE have no change in hell to sell more than 1,2mil.

Click HERE and be happy 

Price cut is definitely coming this holiday season. No way in hell Zelda comes out next year, Smash is the big holiday title for Wii U & 3DS in 2014.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

didnt nintendo already said there not doing a price cut?

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

EricFabian said:
if a game sells 3mil it is not a "smaller exclusive", but anyway if Nintendo will cut the price, they have to do this for this holiday imo.

X/Yoshi/SMTxFE have no change in hell to sell more than 1,2mil.

3 mil is smaller than 5m+, and I said 1-3 million so 1.2 falls within that range. As for price cut, I think they will simply rely on games, marketing and holiday bundles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
anthony64641 said:
didnt nintendo already said there not doing a price cut?

Not sure if ur directing that at me but my prediction says they will cut the price 10 months from now, thats pretty far from now.

NightDragon83 said:
Price cut is definitely coming this holiday season. No way in hell Zelda comes out next year, Smash is the big holiday title for Wii U & 3DS in 2014.

Instead of nitpicking my guesses, why dont u come up with some of ur own

Games/marketing/bundles are what I think Nintendo is going with this holiday. Also they said Zelda U was able to be shown at E3 but they decided not to, if its in showable form now then its possible it could release 18 months from now. As for Smash, they said it may have a staggered release, so I think Aug for Wii U and Nov for 3DS

Zelda will come out in 2015 at the earliest, although knowing Nintendo and their delays the game will probably come out in 2016.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

Zelda will come out in 2015 at the earliest, although knowing Nintendo and their delays the game will probably come out in 2016.

Well what big games do u think will come out that havent been announced yet? Surely theres a few that we dont know about yet

zorg1000 said:
osed125 said:

Well what big games do u think will come out that havent been announced yet? Surely theres a few that we dont know about yet

I think 2014 will stay the same as we know thus far (with obviously some less popular tittles here and there). There are already some really big guns for 2014, that's why I think they will push their other big tittles to 2015 and beyond.

Nintendo and PC gamer