By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you want in the next 3DS model?

What do you want in the next 3DS model? Smaller? Better battery? Or do you just not want a new model at all?

Around the Network

I don't really want a new model anytime soon, I'd probably get a new model if it's released in 2015/16 though, what I'd want is a longer battery life, built in Circle Pad Pro, built in Rumble, fix the regular 3DS's problems that the XL fixed (top screen scratching, Select,Start and home being tiles, etc) and some basic stuff like maybe give it a smooth finish or something

No new model xD. I love the original 3DS model as that is the one I have. I think the XL looks nice but I like better the original one. I don't see a reason to create a new model in my opinion.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

10+ Hour Battery

Same Size

Dual Analog Sticks

A,B,X,Y moved to parallel D-pad

Better camera

More Rigid 3D slider

MOAR COLORS

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I think an all digital model would be king of cool. Something smaller, with a better built in camera, with something like 32GB of flash memory? There's not all that much I think they could do with the current model, so I think a digital focused model could be good for a niche audience.

Around the Network

Better battery and dual joynubs. I know they think putting another one will somehow alienate the 3DS/XL owners, but not every game has to support them both, and circlepad pro exists for those that don't want to upgrade their 3DS.

Oh, and better battery would be nice.

Dual analog and better battery, possibly higher res screen...

dual analog
ability to use as second wiiu pad

JWeinCom said:
I think an all digital model would be king of cool. Something smaller, with a better built in camera, with something like 32GB of flash memory? There's not all that much I think they could do with the current model, so I think a digital focused model could be good for a niche audience.

good in theory, but that sounds a lot lke the psp go. It needs to be able to play 3ds cartridges at least.

I'd certainly like better battery performance but regarding the aesthetics, the exact design of the DSi - same slim, trim dimensions, matte finish, brighter screen, and the same button placement for select and start (I'd like the power button on the side though ala the DS Lite).

A "3DS Lite" like this released fall 2014 coupled with a price drop would be hugely successful IMO.