By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ehh.... I'm cool with the whole concept, but I don;t think I'll use it much. I also seriously doubt it will sell systems. As long as it comes with In-Game XMB and Trophies, I'm good.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

It's a really neat concept, but it seems too time consuming and a bit of it is complex (customizing). It's not that simplistic as some people think, but only if you have enough time on your hands.

Well, People who don't like the PS3 don't like Home and people who do like the PS3 think it's at least ok. What a surprise.

My view - it's for free and I'm all for it. It will probably get me to downgrade my Xbox Live account to silver because of the fact that Home is free.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

twesterm said:
In theory I think it's an awesome idea but I just don't think it will work. A clean interface like the XBox Dashboard or Sony XMB is so much simpler and quicker and people just aren't going to want to wait to do whatever they want to do.
I don't know why you make these assumptions. The "virtual world" part of the interface is strictly for meeting people and adding new depth to the usual cold and mechanized game-finding process. The actual match organizing/entering stuff will be done instantly through a menu like in any other system. And I'm pretty well positive that you won't need to physically meet up with people in the virtual world to join a game with them, nor will you have to walk every step of the way to important places. The designers would be insane to do it that way.

As for me, I'm cautiously interested. The very thought of something like Second Life normally bores me to tears, but when you add an overriding purpose to the whole thing (an online gaming community) and bring together a lot of people with a common interest like this, I think it becomes a lot more appealing.

They call it a "social networking tool." Does anyone know if that means you'll be able to search for people based on real-life information like age and location, or will it be a purely anonymous gamer handle-based system like an MMORPG?

with the right advertising, Home will be a system seller. hell with the right advertising you can convince people that Cloverfield is a good movie.

Around the Network

Why even ask on here ? what do you expect to get from vg members.

The possibility of a GT or Killzone home where you can run into and talk to the best players in the world is freaking cool.

Its a big social network, those that don't like the likes of myspace or youtube wont like home but like those things have proven alot of people do like that stuff.

I think it will be hard pressed to compete with something like facebook for the social aspects. As for the online gaming accomplishments / marketplace side 360 is king until Sony proves otherwise...

I am interested in Home, I'm most curious on what they plan to do with their trophy and rewards system. Not a bad option given the fact that it's still free, b/c i wouldn't pay for it otherwise. I just hope they add ingame chat and in game XMB before the year ends.

I have no interest in this game whatsoever

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina