By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Cloud places Forza 5 'on an entirely new plateau beyond anything else'

simulated pit stops, tire wear, fuel consumption........rly? Tire wear ok, but did people actually want the other two?

Is it confirmed on no night/weather effects?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
simulated pit stops, tire wear, fuel consumption........rly? Tire wear ok, but did people actually want the other two?

Is it confirmed on no night/weather effects?

I would take weather effects/day night over fuel consumption and tyre wear but they're still pretty impressive. Already paid for my Day One Edition.

The cloud is so advanced that it would be wasted on fickle gimmicks such as dynamic night and day and weather cycles.

Just wondering something... and correct me if I am wrong.

How can they keep using the cloud, when Xbox One has moved away from the always online policy? Does this mean that people playing games offline, not being able to connect to this cloud, will be playing gimped versions of the games which are utilizing said cloud?

Forza has been the highest rated racer in the last 8 years for a reason. I wouldn't expect anything less than amazing from Turn 10 by this point. And yes Im very excited to see what the cloud brings to the table.

Oh and to one of the people who commented above me.  MSFT is not the only developers who has been raving about the cloud recently.  It may just be that the cloud really does indeed have a future in gaming.

Around the Network

What does The Cloud do for this game, any details? It seems a little strange that there is no day/night cycle or weather because aren't they the exact kind of things that MS said they could use the cloud for?

cant wait