By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Go there. See the difference of power vs price? I can tell you from actually having an $800 card and a $300 card out of that list that the differences in any reasonable metric are impossible to even see.

There is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to graphics now. You could put 3x the current hardware in a PS4 but it probably wouldn't make the product it provides even 10% better.

Around the Network

Is it that painful to comprehend that you must lambaste the actual discussion and claim your thoughts are truth and therefor not subject debate?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

biglittlesps said:

How slight is the difference? Sony has 18 Units(with GDDR5) and Xbone has 12 Units(with DDR3), having 50% more horse power of GPU and bigger bandwidth is slight diff? Also they are unified unlike Xbone which is fragmented which is bad for gaming already proved with PS3 memory. 

The hardware is used for not only Graphics this time but also General computing by Sony which they have showed us with a Physics demo and some explanation on GPU modifications on reveal. 

We might not see big graphics differences with third party Games but with sony Studios we might see some great experiences without giving a lot of compromise where xbone needs have to rely on Cloud.

You do understand that you're taking single components and comparing them with single components?  You are aware that there are much more important things related to performance in a computer as in the buses between components, timing and generally how well different hardware is mated with the other components it connects to.

You're aware on the average computer that most components spend huge gobs of their time waiting for instructions?  It's no different on consoles as they are basically computers.

I'll be VERY surprised if there is any visible difference between the two machines at launch or in 8 years.  GDDR isn't even optimized for use as system memory.  Be interesting to see how well they can even make that work with limited system buses.

Psyberius said:

Can we be done with the "PS4 is going to look sooo much better than xbOne" posts?  They're repetitive, pointless and plain not true.

Seriously...there's not going to be a lick of difference in game quality between one or the other...the extra specs in the PS4 have already been explained away as being mostly irrevalent as GDDR in that configuration isn't going to make your game any better.

Lets remember people...even in the current gen...the game makers have not fully used the hardware in the PS3 or the Xbox 360.  The next generation is really going to be overkill for a very long time.  

Lastly, at some point, the human eye cannot detect a difference between a certain number of colours per square inch nor a faster refresh rate.  I'm no scientist however the next generation must be going there or awfully close to the max we can even detect.

I'd disagree with this statement, after games like 'the last of us' and gt6 on ps3, i'd say the hardware is now tapped out...

Psyberius said:
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Go there. See the difference of power vs price? I can tell you from actually having an $800 card and a $300 card out of that list that the differences in any reasonable metric are impossible to even see.

There is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to graphics now. You could put 3x the current hardware in a PS4 but it probably wouldn't make the product it provides even 10% better.

PS4 is not a PC which has a lot of bottlenecks with GPU-CPU commnuication, Memory bandwidth, Operating Sytem etc., which will have impact on the Game so no optimization that's why we were unable to see much diff if we have 3x horse power over a Mainstream card.

But, PS4 doesn't has all those bottlenecks of PC and the games optimized here so we can see big difference in performance over the horse power.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
EricFabian said:
don't feed him or will be a long thread

Feed him what?   The truth?

I'll take you at your word, the minute you have a signature that doesn't embarass you. :)

I warned you. ninjablade will start soon, so prepare yourself

Click HERE and be happy 

Psyberius said:
biglittlesps said:

How slight is the difference? Sony has 18 Units(with GDDR5) and Xbone has 12 Units(with DDR3), having 50% more horse power of GPU and bigger bandwidth is slight diff? Also they are unified unlike Xbone which is fragmented which is bad for gaming already proved with PS3 memory. 

The hardware is used for not only Graphics this time but also General computing by Sony which they have showed us with a Physics demo and some explanation on GPU modifications on reveal. 

We might not see big graphics differences with third party Games but with sony Studios we might see some great experiences without giving a lot of compromise where xbone needs have to rely on Cloud.

You do understand that you're taking single components and comparing them with single components?  You are aware that there are much more important things related to performance in a computer as in the buses between components, timing and generally how well different hardware is mated with the other components it connects to.

You're aware on the average computer that most components spend huge gobs of their time waiting for instructions?  It's no different on consoles as they are basically computers.

I'll be VERY surprised if there is any visible difference between the two machines at launch or in 8 years.  GDDR isn't even optimized for use as system memory.  Be interesting to see how well they can even make that work with limited system buses.

You got the PS4 as a Computer mostly but you are wrong. PS4 is meant for Games so they've modified GPU for a direct communication with CPU(which has been explained by Cerney with a new bus which is faster than PCIe) and also this system is not used for General computing of PC, so we don't need system optimized momory becoz we are doing Graphical Caluculations(which is why GPU has GDDR5 rams) mostly in Game machine not general computing like PC.

Also the API of Sony provides direct hardware access to some extent and better than Microsoft DirectX so experienced and advanced programmers can use this to get more out of the hardware which is not possible with PC.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Psyberius said:

Can we be done with the "PS4 is going to look sooo much better than xbOne" posts?  They're repetitive, pointless and plain not true.

Seriously...there's not going to be a lick of difference in game quality between one or the other...the extra specs in the PS4 have already been explained away as being mostly irrevalent as GDDR in that configuration isn't going to make your game any better.

Lets remember people...even in the current gen...the game makers have not fully used the hardware in the PS3 or the Xbox 360.  The next generation is really going to be overkill for a very long time.  

Lastly, at some point, the human eye cannot detect a difference between a certain number of colours per square inch nor a faster refresh rate.  I'm no scientist however the next generation must be going there or awfully close to the max we can even detect.

Its a good job youre no scientist. The human eye can detect refresh rate differences far beyond what we currently have in this  gen or the next.

That said if you havent got the two cnsoles running side by side I doubt you'll care.

Disagree completly. Its very easy for me to see an obvious difference between a 7850 and 7770 and PS4-XB1 gap is even larger. Not even taking Ram bandwith/amount (higher res textures) into account. And to the frames, color not being distinguishable anymore thats just false. Aslong as games are distinguishable from reality there is room to improve we are still not in the diminishing returns phase at all.

Psyberius said:
ninjablade said:
lets wait for digital foundry mulitplatform games comparison, i personally think ps4 will have a very nice advantage.

Nice advantage to do what?  The current gen doesn't even use the hardware there.

LOL this is nothing other than Sony throwing a bigger engine into a car with the same transmission, wheels and spedometer.

Only rumour mongering sillyness is supporting the notion that the PS4 is going to have ANY graphics advantage over the XBone.  Even if you took the hardware differences at face value, the difference between the two machines is very slight.

Your car knowledge isn't any better than your knowledge of the new consoles at least. you're consistent. I'll give you that.