By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you become a mod on this site?

DMeisterJ said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
ioi told me in PM that i'm next in line for modhood

I lol'd!

bad move. i will make it so that you are the first to feel the wrath of my mod powers.

all in good time...

Around the Network

@Ben

I don't recall him doing such a thing. If that's true, then he's simply not ready to be a mod. Still, I would rather have a mod reps me and my type. See, I feel divided here at vgchartz. I feel like my family is:

Leo-J
Hus
Ckmlb
Crazzyman
MakingMusic
ect
ect
ect

We're a different part of this site, and it's like we're the bad guys, which really doesn't bother me (I think it's cool). I would like a mod that reps us, kinda like the way you, ben, rep the Nintendo fans.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I can't believe I forgot about him, but Making Music could be a pretty cool mod.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

BenKenobi88 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Rol a mod? He's ok, but I would rather have someone else. If W29 could keep his temper in check, I would him.

The fact that he's got a temper to keep in check worries me...he's not a bad guy, but he did spam a thread with hate messages because he couldn't be a mod, and then made a couple new accounts.

Also, you have to approve every stinking game that gets submitted to the database when you're a mod...trust me...some people like to go by 20 games at a time...joy.

It's always scary to wake up expecting to read the news and some fun posts and see 20+ mod jobs waiting for you.  :-p

Riot Of The Blood said:
@Ben

I don't recall him doing such a thing. If that's true, then he's simply not ready to be a mod. Still, I would rather have a mod reps me and my type. See, I feel divided here at vgchartz. I feel like my family is:

Leo-J
Hus
Ckmlb
Crazzyman
MakingMusic
ect
ect
ect

We're a different part of this site, and it's like we're the bad guys, which really doesn't bother me (I think it's cool). I would like a mod that reps us, kinda like the way you, ben, rep the Nintendo fans.

Yeah well, I may prefer Nintendo over Sony or Microsoft, but that doesn't mean that makes any difference with my moderating...I'll ban a Nintendo fan just the same as a Microsoft or Sony fan.

And I'm not really sure who "you guys" are. If you mean Sony fans, there's plenty better than Hus or his kind. I'm sorry, but that kid was just irrational, irritating, and insane. Nobody should represent the insane.

I don't know why you say you're a different part of this site...no offense, but it seems like you're only saying that because you're trying to be cool and indifferent or something. I'd prefer it if everyone got along as best they could...not have stupid cliques or "families."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I've been a moderator (not on here, on a different website) before and would never do it again. No matter how hard you try to be fair, everyone will accuse you of being biased. People will report others posts for no reason other than they don't like the other poster. You can't express yourself in the forums without people whining.. It is generally an unpleasant experience.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Rol a mod? He's ok, but I would rather have someone else. If W29 could keep his temper in check, I would him.

ROFL that is all it could say when i saw that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

^ What's so funny Kirby?

DMeisterJ said:
^ What's so funny Kirby?

Probably that he said that he'd prefer a user with known problems vs. one with none at all. I roffle'd too.

And it was only a matter of time before the old "WE ARE OUTCASTS! NOBODY LIEKS SONY! WE NEED SONY FANBOY AS MOD BCUZ THE OTHR CONSOLES HAVE MODS!" argument reared its ugly head again.

The mods don't represent consoles, get over yourself. You lose credibility when you keep whining that [insert sony fanboy that trolls on a frequent basis] should be a mod.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well this is a jolly new thread =D

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M