By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is THE must have launch title on the Xbox One for you?

Eh, I'm not really that excited in any of them.
Crimson Dragon looks tight, but everything else?
Ryse looks pretty bland, though beautiful
Titanfall I will just play on pc where controls are better
not really into racing games
Dead Rising is the complete opposite of the gameplay I adored from the first two games...though it's probably the only game on the list that comes close to something I'd buy day 1 (aside from crimson dragon)

Around the Network

halo 5 for me. thats a year or 2 away.

Dead Rising 3. Until they leak some more details for Forza 5. But right now I'm more hyped for Dead Rising 3.

theprof00 said:

Dead Rising is the complete opposite of the gameplay I adored from the first two games...

Don't you worry. The gameplay we all love from DR1 & 2 is present on Dead Rising 3. Capcom Vancouver confirmed so.

Crimson Dragon for me. Ryse looks beautiful but the gameplay mechanics I saw are off-putting. I love Killer Instinct, but don't trust Rare to deliver a great game. I plan to play Titanfall on Xbox 360 (although I'm unsure if that's a launch title). Dead Rising looks cool, but it seems to be moving away from what made the others so interesting. And I'm so far behind on the Forza series that I can't even think about 5.

Around the Network

Ryse: Son of Rome.

Yes, the QTE is not what I expected, but I want to go through that history through this game. I expect great story telling and epic war scenes from the game.

Don't forget, in Ryse, you are not playing only like a warrior but also a leader for your army. This is something new for me, at least for me...

Plants v zombies 2

Wright said:
Dr.Grass said:

If you took my two comments seperately like they were intended then you wouldn't have wasted my time now.

"Remedy. Nuff said." is not justified. My post stands.

I have a right to not be excited by a game with no gameplay vids shown. And I didn't like Alan Wake. The pacing irritated me. And the writing believe it or not.

So there's no pobbibility of me being sarcastic here.

And I respect that. But he has the right to be excited by a game with no gameplay vids shown too, and he was replying the user about how could he be excited. He is because of the company. Perhaps you don't like the company either, but you didn't say so. Then you didn't say "well, I didn't like Alan Wake, so I don't think that because of Remedy is enough reason", but you used Metacritic, instead.

I merely replied you the same way. Sunset Overdrive has not shown gameplay despite its style and substance. And the last game of Insomniac scored a 61% a Metacritic.

There was a posibility, but of course. Now that you've stated that you didn't like Alan Wake, that's different.

I'm making one statement that anticipating a game simply because it's made by Remedy is not a killer reason to be excited.

In a completely different statement I'm saying that QB doesn't fit into must-have FOR ME because Alan Wake was merely ok. NOTHING to do with the metacritic score.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. It's clear as day what's happening in this exchange.

EDIT:

Not only that, but I've actually come into a MS thread with the best of intentions and displayed actual optimism for the accomplished Forza series and Ryse and now you have to go nitpick on a statement I made which is COMPLETELY justifiable and OBJECTIVE. Sunset Overdrive LOOKS FRESH and made by Insomniac and I SUBJECTIVELY liked Resistance 2 and am therefore SUBJECTIVELY allowed to discplay excitement for it.

No one can proclaim OBJECTIVE merit of QB based on Remedy's track record, because it's simply not there.

Someone PLEASE tell me they understand this and that it's as clear as fucking day.

Dr.Grass said:

I'm making one statement that anticipating a game simply because it's made by Remedy is not a killer reason to be excited.

In a completely different statement I'm saying that QB doesn't fit into must-have FOR ME because Alan Wake was merely ok. NOTHING to do with the metacritic score.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. It's clear as day what's happening in this exchange.

You bother because you left things unexplained, and, as you can see, it seemed like you contradicted yourself. You've cleared things up, now.

Wright said:
Dr.Grass said:

You bother because you left things unexplained, and, as you can see, it seemed like you contradicted yourself. You've cleared things up, now.

Thank you very much. I can go get drunk and eat sushi now.

I'm actually happy. Peace out.