By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD Radeon Graphics Presents The Fixer. Weird Commercial.

New web commercial taking a dig at Nvidia. Seems pretty desperate for them to go this way. Maybe those looking for high cards might be amused. 

Around the Network

Somehow the video didn't show in OP. 

should we be proactive and find the web commercial ourselves?

I enjoy digs and viral ads like this even if they are not true at all... Thumbs up

Good video. It looks like a high quality home made video though. Good for a quick laugh.

Around the Network

It's quite funny that Bioshock Infinite, one of the supposed AMD Gaming Evolved titles, runs better on a GeForce than on a Radeon... Seriously, I'm never buying AMD again.

And that ad saddens me a bit. Seeing such a beautiful video card getting destroyed... Almost made me shed a manly tear.

EA recently said their frostbite games are going to be optimized for AMD cards. The results have not been always great as ghost_of_fazz pointed out despite games like Bioshock Infinite being optimized for AMD. 

Here is early Battlefield 4 (alpha) benchmarks. I know this is still alpha so lot more work remains to be done. Nvidia seems to be doing bit better. 

green_sky said:

EA recently said their frostbite games are going to be optimized for AMD cards. The results have not been always great as ghost_of_fazz pointed out despite games like Bioshock Infinite being optimized for AMD. 

Here is early Battlefield 4 (alpha) benchmarks. I know this is still alpha so lot more work remains to be done. Nvidia seems to be doing bit better. 

There is a lot more to this story than it looks.

AMDs 7970 tends to be the king under 400 dollars, even sometimes beating the newly released GTX 770. Once you start overclocking, there is no contest as AMDs overclock much better

Use case can be made for both manufacturers.

Nvidia:

-Better framerates at SLI (2 or more graphics together) with much less stuttering

- most powerful single GPU if money is no object

- supports cool technologies like 3D vision and Nvidia Shield PC streaming handheld

- uses less power and runs quieter

AMD:

- Better performance per $$ at virtually any price point under 400 dollars

- tends to bundle awesome games with their cards

- more flexibility for 3D, eyefinity and crossfire solutions

People will say drivers are better for one or then other but it really depends on the game and different setups.

Thanks disolitude for the info. These benchmarks are mostly good for enthusiasts as they seem to upgrade quite often. I am still using a video card from 2008 and it seems to run most games fine for the most part.

ghost_of_fazz said:
It's quite funny that Bioshock Infinite, one of the supposed AMD Gaming Evolved titles, runs better on a GeForce than on a Radeon... Seriously, I'm never buying AMD again.

And that ad saddens me a bit. Seeing such a beautiful video card getting destroyed... Almost made me shed a manly tear.

*shrugs* AMD might not be around much longer anyway, as they are selling less and less cards although they have better performance for money than Nvidia in most price segments. After AMD they are gone expect another price bump from both Nvidia (GPU) and Intel (CPU).