By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will you quit gaming for good?

I like playing games and all. But one question has puzzled me: How long will i be into videogaming? Now i can surely say that i won't be videogaming my whole damn life!!!! that's out of the question!!!! But i will probably be in it till my mid 30's, then when i have kids and stuff, i'm going to be done with games. When will you be done with gaming??? (discuss)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

when they stop being fun

Unless I lose interest, probably never. But like all things, my interest in games has waxed and waned. sometimes I am more into comics, other times I am more into card games. And there has been a brief period of mini combat games. I never completely give up on one, I just tend to focus on one at a time.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

when I die and thats only if there isn't some way to play video games then too.

When I die. Nuff said.

I'm gonna be gaming until it's lights out for me, and I'm gonna make sure they play some part in my family's upbringing when the days come. I'm not trying to say that I'll let a TV and a controller raise my kids by any means. What I mean is I'll be certain to bring in videogames to time with my children.

But yeah, gaming till I'm on my deathbed for me.

Around the Network

When there are no more MGS, DMC, Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, Metroid, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Phoenix Wright, Ninja Gaiden, Tekken, or Castlevania games coming out, ever again, that'll be the day that I die by my own hand.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i have to admit, you guys are really in to them! i started on snes. i like games, but i know for sure i will get out of them though!

(there are other things in life to look forward to.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Never, when I stop playing I will die.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

When i die, or go blind, or go in a coma, or loose function in my limbs. (barring gaming controlled just by the mind.)

Eh, actually after I die, assuming I get into heaven i imagine a lot of my time would be spent playing videogames.

daactualfact said:
i have to admit, you guys are really in to them! i started on snes. i like games, but i know for sure i will get out of them though!

(there are other things in life to look forward to.)

My mum is in her 50s and she still plays computer games (has been playing them 30 odd years now). Just because there are other things in life doesn't mean you'll stop gaming.

Why would having kids suddenly stop you doing something that you've enjoyed for most of your life. I remember playing an Atari 2600 with my mum on occation. Wouldn't you want to introduce them to something that has brought you so much joy?