By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us tops UK charts for second week

eFKac said:
nnodley said:

you have to remember that Japans sales will be in the data next time as well. Which might add 100k.   And Uncharted had 5 days of sales in NA when it released. That 1.17mil for TLOU is only 2 days only for all markets it released in.  We shall see though.

Yup I'm aware of all those things.

I expect Japan to add circa 70-80k. Both NA and EU to fall about 60% Rest of the World I have no idea, but probably something like that as well. I guess that given the hype, plus universal critical acclaim I expect the game to be rather heavily front-loaded. Also some sales may have been offset by the day one midnight digital release with a relatively good price. Although I don't think it sold like crazy, cause we didn't hear about servers and PS Store going down, like in the case with TLoU demo. 

On the other hand, from several reports and my personal experience, we know that the game was sold out in many stores and maybe the supply would get in stock after 15th of July and that would appear in the second week sales.

Alright.  Just never really know who knows what.  I'm usually fairly optimitic about pretty much everything.  It deserves all the praise and sales it can get.

Around the Network

eFKac said:

I expect Japan to add circa 70-80k. 

If Sony shipped 100k+ in Japan, I expect it to sell 100k+.  All reports so far (COMG; Tsutaya; retailer blogs) etc. are showing it doing well; and it's been riding high on amazon.jp too.