By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - so who's getting Pikmin 3?

I'm kinda leaning more towards Wonderful 101, but if Pikmin 3 gets really, really high reviews, I'll probably pick it up.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
LinkVPit said:
I'm getting it. Pre-orders already in.

The first two are classics. Although unlike most I actually preferred the first one more.

Cause of it's awesome atmosphere/setting right? Winding up stranded on an alien planet, with only a certain amount of time to escape before you die, how exciting! Pikmin 3 recaptures this feeling a bit as there's a maximum amount of time you have to explore once again.

Actually, there isn't. Miyamoto confirmed it on developer's direct. It's a shame since I also liked that pressure.

All you people thinking of getting this who have never played a Pikmin game before: Start with Pikmin 1. Seriously, I have no idea why you wouldn't.

There is a Wii version which is compatible with Wii-U; which should be going for fairly cheap now. The first two games are absolute masterpieces which still hold up incredibly well to this day. You'd really be missing out by jumping straight into the third game, imo. Sure, there's not a massive overarching story holding it all together but I just think it'd make sense to play them through in order to see how the mechanics have progressed.

But to stay OT: I will not be buying Pikmin 3 when it launches or even in the foreseeable future, but when the time is right and I buy a Wii-U it'll be the first game I get. Pikmin is my favourite Nintendo franchise by a country mile.

morenoingrato said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
LinkVPit said:
I'm getting it. Pre-orders already in.

The first two are classics. Although unlike most I actually preferred the first one more.

Cause of it's awesome atmosphere/setting right? Winding up stranded on an alien planet, with only a certain amount of time to escape before you die, how exciting! Pikmin 3 recaptures this feeling a bit as there's a maximum amount of time you have to explore once again.

Actually, there isn't. Miyamoto confirmed it on developer's direct. It's a shame since I also liked that pressure.

Say what!? Iwata confirmed it during the Direct before the E3 one. Why would they change it all of a sudden?

Einsam_Delphin said:

Say what!? Iwata confirmed it during the Direct before the E3 one. Why would they change it all of a sudden?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zH_R-7aTI

Check at 1:20.

Around the Network

I'm so pumped for Pikmin 3, I'm considering buying it and I don't even have a Wii U. I might play it at a friend's house.

Soundwave said:
I'm kinda leaning more towards Wonderful 101, but if Pikmin 3 gets really, really high reviews, I'll probably pick it up.

W101 looks very interesting as well, i will get that at some stage as i like games that are a bit different.

I am, and for me Pikmin 1 is way better than Pikmin 2

morenoingrato said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3zH_R-7aTI

Check at 1:20.

Um, he said there is a maximum time limit lol.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Um, he said there is a maximum time limit lol.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the 30-day limit.