By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - demon souls questions

Tagged games:

I forgot where i farm at your level. I think it was 1-2 where you turn around to kill those knights guarding the door of the castle. Anyways i suggest you go for 3-1 or 4-1.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I haven't played the game in a while, but soul level 28 sounds pretty high for that early in the game. You should be good. Also just know that in Demon Souls if you die once during any of the levels you miss out on items from that world that may help you later on in the game.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I really suggest doing 4-1 for a while. The end boss there is pretty easy and so is the 4-2 one.

Be VERY, VERY careful of you world tendency. If you go towards Black, you're screwed early on.

Also, don't feel bad, Flamelurker is one of the hardest bosses in the game, right along King Allant.

Farm 4-1, 4-2, it's about the best place at lower levels. They're not easy, make no mistake, but very rewarding. Also, 1-2 is pretty decent in that regard and you can get a decent boost by killing the bridge dragon.

Lol, just play levels until you find one you can get through.

If you're talking about Flamelurker boss, you can run to the steps and peg him from there for a while. He kind of gets glitched, but eventually will make it up to hit you.

Or you can use that gigantic bone area. Can't remember much though.

Soul farming - psh.

Flame Lurker is only resistant to fire magic/ weapons with fire damage. Everything else should do decent damage to him and Slvl 28 should be enough to take him down.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

nice will do that now, btw what is that world tendency thing?

Basically, white is easier with worse drops and black is harder with better drops. Here's how it works:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

Yes, dying in body form makes the game harder. Have fun!

The world tendency is a very annoying thing in Demon's Souls. Basically, if you die while ALIVE or if you kill NPCs, your world tendency drops to black. Which spawns black phantoms (really, really hard to kill) and black phantom versions of mini-boss like NPCs. In Black World tendency you get better drops but your HP is lowered and the mobs are harder to kill.
Your world tendency goes up by 1 each time you kill a boss. It makes the enemies weaker and gives you better HP, as well as access to the normal version of some minibosses. Each version drops a certain item and can only be killed once. Read the wiki for more info on this.

My advice...spend the game as a ghost. Kill yourself in the Nexus as it won't impact your world tendency that way, at least on the first playthrough. After that, on subsequent NG+s you can affect your world tendency to farm the items you need.

For more info, I really suggest the wiki. There's a lot of stuff there that will make your life a LOT easier at the start and you'll avoid frustrations.

Flamelurker is the hardest boss to kill one on one. If you can't do it, I'd recommend that you just skip over and do 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3. The stages are easy.  In 3-1 the black leather armor set is some very good light armor.  Not the best but probably the best you'll have for awhile. 

Here are some tips on the stages for the third area.

-When you fight the Cthulu enemies, roll past their spells, then let them run up to you and ring the bell and then roll away so you don't get hit by the attack. Then either melee them two handed or use magic if you're a spellcaster.

-Use your shield on 3-2.  The enemies where you can fall off the edge really aren't difficult.

-Use turpentine on your weapon or fire magic to make quick work of the 3-2 boss.

-Pray that you don't get a human player for the 3-3 boss if you're not very good.

*edit*

Didn't think of this until now.  On the 3-3 boss.  Just sign out of PSN.  A black phantom can't join your game if you're not online.

kupomogli said:

Flamelurker is the hardest boss to kill one on one. If you can't do it, I'd recommend that you just skip over and do 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3. The stages are easy.

Here are some tips on the stages for the third area.

-When you fight the Cthulu enemies, roll past their spells, then let them run up to you and ring the bell and then roll away so you don't get hit by the attack. Then either melee them two handed or use magic if you're a spellcaster.

-Use your shield on 3-2.  The enemies where you can fall off the edge really aren't difficult.

-Use turpentine on your weapon or fire magic to make quick work of the 3-2 boss.

-Pray that you don't get a human player for the 3-3 boss if you're not very good.

Ah i miss those days XD 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Get the "Crescent Falchion" weapon early in 4-1.

Just kill the rolling skeletons (pretty easy) until you get to where the weapon is. There is a tough, dual katana wielding, dark skeleton guarding the shiny weapon. Just target-lock him and he'll charge you with a lunge attack. He needs a lot of time to recover from this move so when he does it, break the target-lock, grab the weapon, and either die or run to the nexus.

Game becomes too easy after this.

You might also want to grab the flame shield after killing the red dragon, since it reduces the damage the flamelurker does to you.

GL HF.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!