By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I downloaded The Last of Us but it doesn't work properly anymore

Hello everyone,

I am in a South American country with slow internet, and it has taken 4 days for me to download the game. The download has finished completely.

Now, the game could be played even at about 70%, but I decided to wait until it was beyond the 90s. So I started playing it and it's been awesome, but now it has run into a problem: The game won't work in Chapter 3 ("Las afueras" in spanish) after I climb the ladder at the beginning of the chapter. I can still move and perform actions, but the other characters move strangely and do not talk, and the whole field looks like a broken mess.

Now, while the game was being downloaded, the electricity went off once, causing the PS3 to shut off improperly, but nothing appeared to have happened. I also shut off the PS3 a couple times while the game was being downloaded (after quitting the game though) because at times the internet would stop working completely.

Now, since it's reached 100%, I think I'm going to have to re-download it, but how should I go about it to ensure that next time I download it it will work properly? Specifically, is deleting it through the delete option in the menu enough or should I reformat the disk? Or should I download it in my PC first (so that it doesn't install as it is being downloaded for example, I don't really know how this particular download works)?

Thanks a lot! The game seems awesome but I hope I'm able to finish it!

Around the Network

Have you downloaded the patch? If not try that. If it still doesn't work delete the file and redownload, but next time wait till it's 100% before installing and playing,

Corey said:
Have you downloaded the patch? If not try that. If it still doesn't work delete the file and redownload, but next time wait till it's 100% before installing and playing,

The patch was installed before the main download even took place.

See, the reason I'm asking is because the whole download/install process is very weird with this game. It seems to have installed while it was downloading, which is an issue for me, because the electricity can power off at any time in this city.

Instead of deleting the game data you should try this first. If there's any update data, delete that first, then start the game let it redownload the update data, then try to play through.  It may be corrupted data there.

U have to reinstall the game bcz when the electricity went off it shut off improperly,, so that damaged ur game file.

Around the Network

If you had a powercut, you will need to redownload

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?