By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What PS4 games are first-party's working on?

According to President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida every Sony-owned studio is working on PS4 games and 30 first-party titles for the PS4 are in development, 12 of which are New IPs and 20 will be out in the PS4's first year. Here are the studios, what are they working on?

*Announced PS4 games

SCE Japan

Knack + The Last Guardian on PS4 + Freedom Wars

Polyphony Digital

Gran Turismo 6 PS4 edition or Gran Turismo 7

Naughty Dog (2 teams)

The Last of Us sequel + New IP or Uncharted 4 + New IP or 2 new IP?

SCE San Diego

MLB 14: The Show

SCE Santa Monica (2 teams)

New IP (shooter?) + The Order: 1886 (collaboration with Ready at Dawn) + ?

Guerrilla Games (2 teams)

Killzone: Shadow Fall New IP

SCE London

?

SCE Bend

Uncharted Vita 2 (contradicts yoshida) or New IP for PS4

Sucker Punch

Infamous Second Son

Evolution Studios

DriveClub

Media Molecule (2 teams)

Tearaway (small team) + PS4 Move game + ?

(Second party) Quantic Dream 

Singularity demo related?

(Second party) Housemarque (2 teams)

Super Stardust spiritual successor

Dead Nation 2? (plsplspls)

(Second party) Ready at Dawn

The Order: 1886 

(Second party) Giant Sparow (three-game deal with sony, 2 to go)

(Second party) Insomniac

Rachet & Clank movie tie-in?

16 studios here, some have multiple teams so that makes around 20-25 titles, some are for Vita and 30 is the total amount in development so we have nearly 10 more TBA games... who the hell are they coming from? I have to assume Yoshida meant 1st and 2nd party and there are quite a few more 2nd parties we don't know about, 2 of which maybe from Sumo Digital (LBP 3) and Level 5 (Ni No Kuni 2) as Mike_L suggested.

Around the Network

There was rumour of Uncharted PS4 being out sourced to Bend. I hope atleast their is some collaboration with Naughty Dog.

green_sky said:

There was rumour of Uncharted PS4 being out sourced to Bend. I hope atleast their is some collaboration with Naughty Dog.

They can make a good Uncharted game, but they won't be able to match the Uncharted 2 standard let alone taking it to the next level.

green_sky said:

While I hope Uncharted is great I want to see what ND can do with a new IP for next gen.  I would hate to see them tied down on a franchise if their hearts aren't in it anymore.  I want them to make a new fantasy world like Crash and Jak before.  That way they could escape the confines of a real world game and flex their creativity because while I love Uncharted and LoU (playing it right now and loving it) there aren't enough new worlds these days and I know ND is awesome at making them.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

he said 20+ in its first year so possibly more?

Around the Network

Too bad Insomniac betrayed sony.. they could have made some great games for ps4. Instead... they failed with Fuse and now making a farmville-like exclusive for XB1. It's like seeing a good studio go down the drain.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Drakrami said:
Too bad Insomniac betrayed sony.. they could have made some great games for ps4. Instead... they failed with Fuse and now making a farmville-like exclusive for XB1. It's like seeing a good studio go down the drain.

How is sunset overdrive like farmville? lol. Why do you think they "betrayed" sony?

I just hope some of these are launch titles. There lineup right now is ok. I think theres only like three games. Knack,kz shadowfall, and driveclub.

BloodyRain said:
I just hope some of these are launch titles. There lineup right now is ok. I think theres only like three games. Knack,kz shadowfall, and driveclub.

well 20 are first year, so even if launch is lacking you won't have to wait long. Plenty of third-parties for launch or very close to launch too.

Andrespetmonkey said:
BloodyRain said:

well 20 are first year, so even if launch is lacking you won't have to wait long. Plenty of third-parties for launch or very close to launch too.

oh ya it really isn't that much of a problem. I'll prob pick up watchdogs/bf4 or kz at launch. I just wish iss was still a lauch title though. I think a gimped version of driveclub is free to with ps plus.