By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One vs PS4 post policy change. An honest outlook.

LOL and RE LOL

hey guys how long do you think he took to dig that one up ????

let's make a pole

how many TF LVL can you gain in the time it took him to find that one :D ????

Around the Network

Looks like a thread bump from a new user that doesn't know what he's doing. I dig it though.

Reading the op 7 months later is great. I always love revisting old predictions. Most of his points were pretty reasonable at the time.

Im getting an xbox one no matter what. I have friends who have both. I read MS is releasing a new developer kit that will take care of the 1080p issues and allow developers to hit 1080 regularly..

Funny enough you never hear about Ps4's network wifi only being able to do 2ghz.. while Xbox one can do 2ghz & 5ghz channels. Yes, In a protected LABORATORY setting there is no diffference. But in the REAL WORLD ENVIROMENT 2gz channels have tons of saturation and interference because everything from cell phones to microwave ovens interfere with these channels. Also 5Ghz channels only go about 200 feet tops ( useable ) where as 2Ghz goes up to 800 Feet. Many people using wireless routers never hit peak speeds because they actually get interference from the neighbors. Because 5ghz doesnt go as far and because channels ( bands ) on 5ghz routers are spaced further apart ( in example 36,44,48, 96 ...etc ) then 2ghz channels which are much closer ( which go channels 1,2,3,4,5 etc ) there is a slower negotiated speed on 2ghz channels.

I have a newer Asus router that does both bands simultaneously. My ISP package provides 50 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up... I can switch my smartphone from 2ghz to 5ghz and see a huge difference. In 2Ghz mode I can hit maybe 17 Mps down top ... Remember this is wireless.... and over wireless 5Ghz I can hit over 50 Mbps download very consistently. I've also done the same on my PC.

If anyone types in command prompt ( windows )
" netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid"

The above - it'll show neighbors channels - so you can change your routers channels to something further away from what your neighbors use.... people will realise just how much saturation there is when you pick up neighbors in cities and especially bad in apartments, condos, townhomes.. Even doing this I can never get 2Ghz devices to even half the speed of 5gz ones..

SDF1JJAK said:
Well, regardless how MLD tries to justify Microsofts actions... I see alot of people forgetting that Xboner is little more than a horribly built Win8 PC with dual boot.

--------------

I have a dual boot pc.. and dual boot means you choose which OS you want to use at bootup for another purpose.  Xbox One actually runs two at once.

Xbox one isn't horribly built.  Sony is using the exact same brand CPU ( pretty much the exact same model ) ...and the GPU's are also same brand although different - they are also similar.  The FACT  that Sony dumped CELL( cpu for PS3 ) - supposedly so awesome -  for X86 architecture ( x86 translated =  it's a PC man ! ) means you just bought a PC whether you bought a PS4 or Xbox one.  Everyone calling the Xbox One a mid range PC needs to realise the PS4 is one in the same.

AND the FACT that the PS4 supports Microsofts Direct X 11 technology for gaming pretty much sums  up that PS4 is  a PC just as the Xbox One is.  The PS4 could could be hacked to run Windows with no problem.  

MS new Xbox One developer kit will allow developrs to hit 1080p regularly in games.. should anyone be surprised?  I think Fable's re-release on XB 360 does 1080..

There you have it. Sony made a PC ( x86 ) style console that has hardware which supports Mircrosoft Direct X 11 ..  No surprises here.  Sony's new PlayStation CEO decided to dump Cell 2 and go PC... 

raf40928 said:
Im getting an xbox one no matter what. I have friends who have both. I read MS is releasing a new developer kit that will take care of the 1080p issues and allow developers to hit 1080 regularly..

Funny enough you never hear about Ps4's network wifi only being able to do 2ghz.. while Xbox one can do 2ghz & 5ghz channels. Yes, In a protected LABORATORY setting there is no diffference. But in the REAL WORLD ENVIROMENT 2gz channels have tons of saturation and interference because everything from cell phones to microwave ovens interfere with these channels. Also 5Ghz channels only go about 200 feet tops ( useable ) where as 2Ghz goes up to 800 Feet. Many people using wireless routers never hit peak speeds because they actually get interference from the neighbors. Because 5ghz doesnt go as far and because channels ( bands ) on 5ghz routers are spaced further apart ( in example 36,44,48, 96 ...etc ) then 2ghz channels which are much closer ( which go channels 1,2,3,4,5 etc ) there is a slower negotiated speed on 2ghz channels.

I have a newer Asus router that does both bands simultaneously. My ISP package provides 50 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up... I can switch my smartphone from 2ghz to 5ghz and see a huge difference. In 2Ghz mode I can hit maybe 17 Mps down top ... Remember this is wireless.... and over wireless 5Ghz I can hit over 50 Mbps download very consistently. I've also done the same on my PC.

The above - it'll show neighbors channels - so you can change your routers channels to something further away from what your neighbors use.... people will realise just how much saturation there is when you pick up neighbors in cities and especially bad in apartments, condos, townhomes.. Even doing this I can never get 2Ghz devices to even half the speed of 5gz ones..

Probably cause no one ever talks about that lol, I mean I never seen ANYONE on the net talk about that lol

Around the Network
think-man said:
raf40928 said:

Probably cause no one ever talks about that lol, I mean I never seen ANYONE on the net talk about that lol

-----

I was more or less thinking about everyone who always talks about long term viability and future proof.  A system can't be future proof when it relies on 10 year old wifi technology. PS4 doesnt have a 5ghz radio so it's not a software update.  This means at some point the PS4 will likely  be upgraded  leaving behind people who bought the 1st version PS4

raf40928 said:
think-man said:
raf40928 said:

-----

I was more or less thinking about everyone who always talks about long term viability and future proof.  A system can't be future proof when it relies on 10 year old wifi technology. PS4 doesnt have a 5ghz radio so it's not a software update.  This means at some point the PS4 will likely  be upgraded  leaving behind people who bought the 1st version PS4

Yeah, luckly this wont affect me. I can't handle the slower speeds I get through Wifi In my country so I wire everything that involves gaming.

snyps said:

We all make mistakes

That mistake (thank god) was never made.

JoeTheBro said:
Looks like a thread bump from a new user that doesn't know what he's doing. I dig it though.

Reading the op 7 months later is great. I always love revisting old predictions. Most of his points were pretty reasonable at the time.

I agree totally. It is always so fun to go back and read everyones predictions and kinda compare it to my own as well. Not to troll peoples predictions because after all it is just a guess for fun. All of his predictions and statements were all very reasonable at the time. It's so fun to look back at it all in retrospect! 

The biggest hurdle for Xbox One is the price difference. They need to get the price down to $400 for the holidays with Kinect IN THE BOX. Removing Kinect would be really dumb because it is what makes the console unique.