By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim Data Says: Smash - 940k, DMC4 - 205k, DMC4 (360) - 45k

Yea. I can't remember though what my first week predictions were for this game. They much bet really off already haha.

Around the Network

i can't believe ssbb sold that much in japan. those are the kind of first week figures i expected for america. if japan can sell that much i can't wait to see march 9th numbers.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Since it sold out, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of error in prelim data. No offense meant for ioi and what have you, I just know that in those cases, it's hard to get a strong sampling.

All the same, it's exciting news.

kingofwale said:
>i think it was pokemon diamond's 1.6 million debut

are you KIDDING me?

Final Fantasy VII: 2.025 million
FF VIII: 2,592,405
FFIX: 2,031,207
FFX: 1,906,152
FFXII: 1,819,872

DQIX on DS might top all of those.

Didnt dragon Quest get really high first week sales in Japan too?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

If the numbers wind up being lower this week than reported, then in all probability it will be higher next week.

Dragon Quest isn't very attractive to the casual crowd. SSBB appeals to just about everyone. Two different situations.

FishyJoe said:
Here's an amazing stat. The Wii could have 11 titles this week with over 500k sales in Japan.

The PS3 and 360 have ZERO titles over 500k sales in Japan.

Woo hoo@!#!@#

Nintendo hasn't seen domination like this since 1991.

I think i am going to lose a lot of VG$ in the prediction league. I underestimated DMC4 and SSBB by a lot.

Wow, they shipped more first week than I expected since they mentioned limited shipments.