By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Winning 2008 Console!!!! - Games Edition

Why would the 360 and PS3 both get points for Burnout? The 360 version scored higher on Gamerankings.

Also, I think it would be fun to add downloadable titles, though I would limit it to new titles so that would rule out VC games.

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
what do u mean by "highly rated"? 85% or higher?

Whatever the highest scoring title for the month is.  I expect SSBB to take March with a >90% score for example while other months a game might not even have to score 85% to win their month.

Legend11 said:
thibje said:
Rez Hd on the 360 has 90,9 %.

Should we include XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare titles?

dude, wii doesn't get the same multiplats that the 360 or ps3 does!!!! also, wiiware isn't out yet. (i think wii will be the exclusive console of the gen as it will be getting its own games whereas the 360 and ps3 shares games.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
twesterm said:
Why would the 360 and PS3 both get points for Burnout? The 360 version scored higher on Gamerankings.

Also, I think it would be fun to add downloadable titles, though I would limit it to new titles so that would rule out VC games.

I find that multiplatform games that differ by a point or less are usually pretty much the exact same game.

twesterm said:

Yes, but most sites that reviewed both rated them equally. The only reason the 360 version overall has a higher score is because there were some reviewers that only rated the ps3 version, and they gave it a low score.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
twesterm said:

I find that multiplatform games that differ by a point or less are usually pretty much the exact same game.

Could be, but it seems silly to have some arbitrary rule where you decide if they're close enough or not.  If it were me, I would just save myself the headache of people complaining and go with the highest rated game.

Legend11 said:
wiiforever said:
what do u mean by "highly rated"? 85% or higher?

Whatever the highest scoring title for the month is. I expect SSBB to take March with a >90% score for example while other months a game might not even have to score 85% to win their month.

ooooooook. That was confusing me. However, this isn't rlly fair cause multiplatform games get a point each for each platform. However, almost all of those games are Ps/360 type games; giving Wii a disadvantage

Why don't you make it exclusives only, or at least make a separate list that is exclusives only?

Anyway should be interesting - SSBB should win Feb.

Will SSBB be able to win January if it gets more reviews that put it ahead of Burnout? It was releaed in January in Japan.

Also, which release date are you using, America, Japan or others? Or is it wherever it's released first?

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot
Nintendo_Dude said:
Will SSBB be able to win January if it gets more reviews that put it ahead of Burnout? It was releaed in January in Japan.

Also, which release date are you using, America, Japan or others? Or is it wherever it's released first?

He's going by Gamerankings and SSBB has no score on it.