By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VF 5 for 360 to be better then PS3

Apparently developers do listen! They've taken all the complaints from PS3 users and will be making the appropriate changes for the 360 version. Such as better graphics and better A.I. 

Read more  here http://www.deeko.com/news/?p=1051

Also, I don't think this game will sell on the 360.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It looks exactly the same, but there might be slight improvements in the graphics as for the AI stuff sounds good. Still no online...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It's good to hear they're(spelling?) taking the itme to improve it, but I'm definitely surprised that online play isn't going to be included, gebx, doesn't Microsoft have certain rules about enabling online play or something? I was under the impression the whole reason the game was delayed was to add it in for the 360.

DOA4 sold pretty well, so mayhaps some of the DOA fans ought to pick it up, though I must say I've been disappointed in VF5's sales so far, especially in the U.S. 

Lack of online play is a big disappointment indeed but I'm not too suprised. Gameplay of VF (and Tekken) are extremely dependant on tight timing and fast reactions, so Sega just decided to not even include online play from the begenning as online play wont deliver the same experience as offline battle. I know these types of fighting games don't suit online but this kind of closed minded thoughts of developers aimed at the 'real VF players' isnt going to help sales numbers.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Wow; that game is old already!

Around the Network

it looks almost the same, only better AI + little more FSAA and shadows, however, on ps3 textures still more sharper. anyway, different arcades were used: B for ps3, and C for x360. it`s not direct multiplatform, like Armored Core4, which was released simulteneously, it`s more like Oblivion, which on ps3 looks better. Same shit with VF5.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

i cant believe theres no online play for either console what were they thinking... online play should be automatic

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

It was stated from the beginning that the PS3 recieved revision B while the 360 was getting revision c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter_5 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

does this game really not have online for the 360???

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/previews/article.jsp?releaseId=2006122111543685040&articleId=200705011091666023&sectionId=1001&pageId=20070501101117790054

That's the link to the article that deeko got his information from.  I like the original sources better usually...

This isn't very surprising considering they have extra time to work on the game.  Oblivion looks a lot better on the PS3 than the 360 because of the same reason.

"As we expected, true online play on Xbox Live is off the table, since VF5 requires one-sixtieth of a second precision to deliver the fastest and most balanced fighting gameplay known to man. Current network performance simply cannot live up to that. We do know that the game will be receiving some tweaks over the PS3 version, including better anti-aliasing - to make the graphics look smoother. The game will also get analog control - the arcade version, of course, doesn't use it, but the unresponsive Xbox 360 D-pad makes it a must."  --gamesradar

No online...maybe next generation when fiber optic connections are widespread.  1/60th of a second would be about 16ms ping.