By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One DRM May Return in the Future

Drm will come back slowly frist it will be checking in to Internet .ms will say its better.
Then the rest will come months after

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

So since ms was offering bac innovation then what is sony innovating then? Cuz all I see fro them is hey look we have ddr5 we rule

coolguy said:
Drm will come back slowly frist it will be checking in to Internet .ms will say its better.
Then the rest will come months after

It simply can't happen. it's not what people bought, the changes are substantial and like I said in some cases the product wouldn't be fit for purpose (if they can't connect to the net) and wouldn't be as described.

At best, I see them implementing the option. Which makes sense.

Well, i hope they bring it back! it's a terrible consumer service to remove features, i remember the backlash when Sony removed features from the PS3.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Azerth said:
So since ms was offering bac innovation then what is sony innovating then? Cuz all I see fro them is hey look we have ddr5 we rule

They both look like glorified 360.5 and PS3.5 to me now. I dunno if that's a good or bad thing, I guess if it's a case of perfecting and the games deliver, not such a bad thing.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Well, i hope they bring it back! it's a terrible consumer service to remove features, i remember the backlash when Sony removed features from the PS3.

Excellent! :D

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Porcupine_I said:

Thing is: They didn't remove it from actual hardware - the bone is still not released. The comparison is invalid. But nices you used "features" as this is what happened actually :)

walsufnir said:
Porcupine_I said:

Thing is: They didn't remove it from actual hardware - the bone is still not released. The comparison is invalid. But nices you used "features" as this is what happened actually :)

Oh god, did you really just post this?

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Porcupine_I said:

Difference is... People had paid for the PS3, it was on the market when they removed features such as hardware backwards compatability and Linux.

The Xbox One isn't even released.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Damnyouall said:
walsufnir said:
Porcupine_I said:

Oh god, did you really just post this?

I thought replying to every post from you but I thought it would be better to post more appropriately with content. You chose otherwise.