By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a pokemon MMO?

Should there be a pokemon mmo for the wii. That would be something new in the franchise and really good. I know I would buy one because it would be a new mmo instead of the usual fantasy and futuristic ones out today. It could include all of the pokemon and there could be missions to catch or kill legendarys, help pokemon, etc. It could also have online battles too. Instead of it being turnbased it could be real time. There could also be a whole buch of factions that you could join like team rocket or just be an individual.

Around the Network

YES. Yes, I would.

I'd certainly buy it. I've never really got into mmo's, but this would get me interested.

I don't know what an MMO is but I'd still buy it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

i believe i would too.

but i really just want anything like the handheld rpgs for the wii, but obviously in 3d with improved graphics and more freedom.

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
I don't know what an MMO is but I'd still buy it.
 Well MMO stands for massively multiplayer online. Most MMOs like WoW are rpgs. This would technically be a MMORPG since pokemon is an rpg.  

The only reason I think nintendo wouldn't make one is because it wold be crappy if they made it turn based so they would have to make it real time but that might be too much change for nintendo.

I would absolutely buy it--I've ALWAYS wanted a Pokemon MMO!

Problem is, It's a first-party franchise, and Nintendo said they wouldn't be making any Wii MMO's.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

what's a "MMO"?

thekitchensink said:
I would absolutely buy it--I've ALWAYS wanted a Pokemon MMO!

Problem is, It's a first-party franchise, and Nintendo said they wouldn't be making any Wii MMO's.

Nintendo could change their mind. Or they could give it to a second party like they did with metroid to retro.