By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DRM xbox one supports, will you now cancel the pre order? what about the poor devs? :(

Tagged games:

drm or not drm ?

i am a shameless fanboy, ... 14 12.73%

no drm? NO buy!!! 7 6.36%

i am a ps4 fanboy , i jus... 31 28.18%

we won !!! power to the p... 42 38.18%

I LIKE THE PIE 16 14.55%

Total:110
Scoobes said:
ironmanDX said:

In general, yes. For me, if these features have changed, (unlimited game sharing via cloud for 10 "family" members!) I'll be disappointed. Sad, but true. Eventually gamers would have caught on. 10 shared games is at least $300-400 saved and that would be possible in a year. If you had a full network of 10 especially so!

Don't get m wrong, I'm happy for the people who were going to miss out but what about me?

From what I read on IGN, that's now out for both physical disc-based games and digital downloads. Surprised they got rid of it for digital content; I thought that was a potential selling point.

Yeah they should have kept that for digital purchase, even if its behind a paywall. It would have been a good selling point against the competition.

Around the Network
ZombieVito said:
Gamers won.

Key word there is GAMERS. Say you're against DRM, a friend of yours comes around on the whole DRM thing while you stay firm against it. He quickly gathers... 7 online friends in a week but only 4 add him to the family group. Not a stretch at all considering everyone is online. He gets 1 game from each person and for arguments sake, they average at $40. That's $200 saved on GAMES in the first week alone. Half the cost of the PS4, not including games, accessories or PS+.

I would have saved $1000's on games this coming gen, would have money for more games that would eventually be discounted online in coming years like Steam to share and would play games I was 50/50 or so in buying from friends collections thus setting me up as a potential buyer for the sequels/prequels/spinoffs or anything made by that dev if it impressed thus strengthening the market. We sent the console business, or they, back years of progress.

Tell me, how did we win?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

some people here defended these features so much, they loved those features and now microsoft do 180º !!! what about the poor devs, studios will get closed !!!

xD

And don't forget the most dramatic and touching part: MS made Cliffy B a sad panda!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ironmanDX said:
ZombieVito said:
Gamers won.

Key word there is GAMERS. Say you're against DRM, a friend of yours comes around on the whole DRM thing while you stay firm against it. He quickly gathers... 7 online friends in a week but only 4 add him to the family group. Not a stretch at all considering everyone is online. He gets 1 game from each person and for arguments sake, they average at $40. That's $200 saved on GAMES in the first week alone. Half the cost of the PS4, not including games, accessories or PS+.

I would have saved $1000's on games this coming gen, would have money for more games that would eventually be discounted online in coming years like Steam to share and would play games I was 50/50 or so in buying from friends collections thus setting me up as a potential buyer for the sequels/prequels/spinoffs or anything made by that dev if it impressed thus strengthening the market. We sent the console business, or they, back years of progress.

Tell me, how did we win?

Implying this is how it would have worked. We still had no details. All we had were vague statements. I said as much right at e3.
I also said that that was the one feature that I would buy an xbox for. However, it's a really hypocritical feature. MS was all about protecting "the developers" with the DRM, yet giving up to ten gamers the ability to play a single purchase is beyond used games, probably beyond piracy as well.

We have that rumored pastebin from the employee who says the sharing was for a demo. That makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Still...you want to share games with friends that much? Get a ps4 then, because you can stream them to your friend's console :/

EDIT: Also implying that those 7 people wouldn't have been 2 people given the preorder numbers. Your 5 other friends would've been on wiiu or ps4 instead.