By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 4 Xbox360 EXCLUSIVES games revealed :

This announcement is about as shocking as my expected awakening tomorrow morning.

Shit, I really hope I don't have a heart attack in my sleep.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

This sucks because I like neither one of them games. Atleast I have Ninja Gaiden 2 and Too Human to look foward to.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

NSS7 said:
Gears of War 2 VS Haze = Xbox360 win
Dead or Alive 5 VS Tekken 6 = PS3 wIN
Forza 3 VS Gran Turismo 5 = PS3 win
Halo: Chronicles VS Killzone 2 = Xbox360 win

Interesting way to look at it.

There is also too human, which apparantly is being released 1 week after GTA- so thats possibly dead (sales wise).  And Ninja Gaiden, possibly fable 2.

For PS3 there is also Resistance 2, as stated.

So..

Gears of War 2 vs Resistance 2 ,     very close- but sales will edge in favor of Gears I think. (360win)

Dead or Alive 5 vs Tekken 6 (PS3 win)

Forza vs GT (PS3 win in a big way)

then there is Haze, Killzone  vs. Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2 ..  but who knows when they will actually be released.

purely comparing those last 4 games, I would say PS3 win, but I could definately be wrong.  There are alot of variables there. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Kinda hard to get to exited. DOA has been the same game over and over and over again since it came out. Forza 3 has zero chance of making it out before 2009, and even if it did it would not make people very happy. Many people I know that are hardcore Xbox fans were disapointed in the rediculus turn around rate on Project Gothem 4 and I don't think it wise of MS to ruin their best racer with a half assed upgrade. Halo Cronicals is the Peter Jackson concept, which is neither a game nor a Movie watch last years MS press conferance for more info.

Now to the only reall interesting one. Will Gears 2 be announced anytime soon, and will it make 2008? My bet is it will not release till September 2009. Unless Epic has got another team that has been cranking away on this game since the first games launch, their is no way they can make this winter.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

when does Halo sports come ? - I'm just kidding ;)

Around the Network

What cracks me up about threads like this is that everyone tried to compare announced 360 releases to shit that Sony has been pumping up for almost two years.

Does Sony have the advantage right now? Hell yeah, they do. They have MGS, FFXIII, and GT5 in the wings (though they all won't release this year).

What the 360 has is its core demographic covered and a new slice that might be great (though I honestly doubt it).

Alan Wake, Left4Dead(gonna be huge, bank on it), Banjo 3, Splinter Cell 5, Fable 2, Halo Wars...

They're all going to be good-to-great games that will solidify the Xbox fanbase. There is no reason to think about the PS3 lineup because in the end, we all get good games.

Those games are good but expected, and IMHO only GOW has a 'slim' chance of pushing more consoles. Everyone else interested in those titles is already going to have a console. MS needs something to combat the fact that GT (for example) will drive additional sales in Japan (massive upsets excepting).

Is say GOW is slim because I think the additional consoles sold on back of Halo 3 would include the uplift needed to cover GOW2.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Those games are good but expected, and IMHO only GOW has a 'slim' chance of pushing more consoles. Everyone else interested in those titles is already going to have a console. MS needs something to combat the fact that GT (for example) will drive additional sales in Japan (massive upsets excepting).

Is say GOW is slim because I think the additional consoles sold on back of Halo 3 would include the uplift needed to cover GOW2.

I think GeOW2 has a great chance of pushing consoles. Why? Because it's the best damned shooter the 360 has yet, and that's saying something.

I went throught GoW just a bit ago and I went through H3 just a bit after.

I love H3 for its story but not much else. Give a pop-n-cap monkey like myself the Gears gameplay any day of the week. Add in a bit of new story and a whole lot of advertising and you got yourself another million consoles sold. 

Of those four games, I have a hard time seeing more than one even release this year. And even if they all came out, they simply aren't going to stand up to the monsters Sony has this year. DoA5 won't even be much of a system seller (if at all), Forza 3 pretty much can't come out this year, H:C is a complete unknown with the Halo name attached to it (and probably won't come out this year) and then there's GoW2. Thankfully for MS, that game is most likely of these to release this year AND barring a surprise from H:C will easily be the best selling of them as well.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

rocketpig said:
Reasonable said:

I think GeOW2 has a great chance of pushing consoles. Why? Because it's the best damned shooter the 360 has yet, and that's saying something.

I went throught GoW just a bit ago and I went through H3 just a bit after.

I love H3 for its story but not much else. Give a pop-n-cap monkey like myself the Gears gameplay any day of the week. Add in a bit of new story and a whole lot of advertising and you got yourself another million consoles sold. 

GOW is a great shooter, and more original than Halo IMO.  My point is I'm sure that given GOW with around 4M and Halo 3 at 8M Halo 3 gained the majority of the new purchasers who would also purchase for GOW2.  I really don't believe there is enough big shooter fans out there who now, in the wake of GOW and Halo 3 don't have a 360 already.

I'm also speaking in relation to the PS3.  I don't know if MGS will sell a single console, but I do believe that compared to GOW2 in relation to install base it has a much higher statistical chance of selling more consoles.

The problem (in a way) with having a title that has around 50% of owners buying it and sells like Halo 3 is that once it pulls in a lot of new purchasers its hard for anything else to deliver as much of a surge.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...