By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Analyst: 'The entire future of the Xbox business is in question'

richardhutnik said:
PeterSilenced said:

Once MS starts advertising we will see plenty of casuals and core gamers readying for launch,kinect had a 500 milion dollars ad campaign how much would MS be willing to spend on a brand new console?1 bilion-1.5 billion ?

Exactly WHAT message is Microsoft going to broadcast that will get millions enthused for a console that is less powerful than a rival, who is selling theirs for $100 less?

I would like to know what this message is.

All your entertainment All in one All in one input one 
 Kinect,exclusives,services and alot of dancing around ads . 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AnonGentleman said:

No it's not, not even close.

Can we please at least wait a year after Xbox One launch to write it off.

It will do great numbers in US and UK.

I agree its too early to jump to conclusions but other than those 2 countries I cant really see it being a big success.

Was Xbox 360 any different? It was still a success.

tuscaniman99 said:
The console will sell out at launch, sell slowly Spring and Summer and take off when it drops to $399 and Halo is released next fall. No worries

Yep, because Miss. Cleo said so.

AnonGentleman said:
zorg1000 said:
AnonGentleman said:

No it's not, not even close.

Can we please at least wait a year after Xbox One launch to write it off.

It will do great numbers in US and UK.

I agree its too early to jump to conclusions but other than those 2 countries I cant really see it being a big success.

Was Xbox 360 any different? It was still a success.

That is true but I think its sales in Europe as a whole will be much smaller than 360 and nonexistant in Others. I think it will also drop in US/UK in comparison to 360.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If the Xbox division is in doubt then... What's Sony? For the people arguing, ask that first.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
PeterSilenced said:

Once MS starts advertising we will see plenty of casuals and core gamers readying for launch,kinect had a 500 milion dollars ad campaign how much would MS be willing to spend on a brand new console?1 bilion-1.5 billion ?

Exactly WHAT message is Microsoft going to broadcast that will get millions enthused for a console that is less powerful than a rival, who is selling theirs for $100 less?

I would like to know what this message is.

HI I'm massive MS marketing machine, Have we met?

DJEVOLVE said:

Yes we have.

You're costantly trying to get me to buy a Windows phone.

How's that working out for ya?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

thx1139 said:

I immediatly call into question this analyst when he states that Sony initially announced the PS3 at $499.  Sony introduced the PS3 at $599 and then because of the backlash later announced a unit for $499 that was only made in very limited quantities.

"Two hardware configurations were also announced for the console: a 20 GB model and a 60 GB model, priced at US$499 (€499) and US$599 (€599), respectively." - (http://au.ign.com/articles/2006/05/25/e3-2006-the-final-word-on-playstation) via wikipedia.

"The blog post noted that when Sony announced the entry-level $499 price of the PlayStation 3"

Article is right, you are wrong. That is all there is to it.

wick said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yes we have.

You're costantly trying to get me to buy a Windows phone.

How's that working out for ya?

One > Windows phone.

We know whats going to be everysingle place you look.  Your going to be taking S--- and your going to pull one off your roll of toilet paper. Thats how the X1 is going to be advertised. You thought kinect was advertised hard?  LOL

P.S BUY ME!

I love analysts, Troll dooming all the time.

MS marketing machine.